Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibberd -> Newman is locked in. I've already used 4 trades so I'll most likely try and limit my trading for the next few rounds!

One big question for a lot of people will be who to bring in for Gawn?

I'm considering holding Gawn and throwing Preuss on the ground. With that said I could be tempted to use that Gawn cash elsewhere

Joel Smith to Newman is locked. Second trade will depend on what happens today.

Newman should be in 100% of teams by this time next week. It will be interesting to see what his ownership % is as I'm sure it will be more like 50-60. There are lots of spud coaches around as well as plenty of spud players.

if i shuffle a few things around i can do Gawn -> Newman but it will mean starting 1 of Parfitt/M.Kennedy/Eddy/Taranto onfield

could also do Gawn -> Grundy and Hibberd -> Newman

i don't have Preuss as backup so whatever happens Gawn is gone and Newman is coming in

Newman should be in 100% of teams by this time next week. It will be interesting to see what his ownership % is as I'm sure it will be more like 50-60. There are lots of spud coaches around as well as plenty of spud players.
It certainly will be interesting. No doubt most will jump on. But if your backline rookie list read along the lines of McGrath, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten and Stewart, is it worth trading Stewart after 1 price rise ??

It certainly will be interesting. No doubt most will jump on. But if your backline rookie list read along the lines of McGrath, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten and Stewart, is it worth trading Stewart after 1 price rise ??
his 35 certainly wasnt the best tbh...

Stewart certainly. As much as his js is quite good his scoring is trash. Newman will average in the 70 range. For me, it's a no brainer - Newman in for Smith.

As at 4.30 on Friday afternoon I had Preuss in as R3. At 4.35 I pressed the reverse trades button thinking I won't waste a trade for the sake of a bit of a cash grab - bad decision as it turned out.
Now one has to consider whether he is still worth trading in even though it might cost $100K more next week than it would have this week.

As at 4.30 on Friday afternoon I had Preuss in as R3. At 4.35 I pressed the reverse trades button thinking I won't waste a trade for the sake of a bit of a cash grab - bad decision as it turned out.
Now one has to consider whether he is still worth trading in even though it might cost $100K more next week than it would have this week.

Think the ship has sailed, at R3 ideally you'd be hoping not to use him until the byes rounds. Basically your using a trade and a decent amount of cash for cover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith > Newman
I think thats the only rookie im missing... Who else is on the bubble thats decent ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have McGrath (as I do) you can switch him to mid and get rid of one of the donuts rotting on your mid bench.

If you have McGrath (as I do) you can switch him to mid and get rid of one of the donuts rotting on your mid bench.
That wasn't my backline, I was just suggesting that not everyone may bring in Newman, but surely most will. I yolo'd Newman before he had played a game as I had Joel Smith and I wanted cover for Hibberd and Otten. Your suggestion on moving McGrath to the mid bench is solid though.

Be wary of this weeks trades and lockout times guys

Pretty sure West Coast is playing Sydney on Thursday night (not exactly sure though) and the Roos and Dogs are on Good Friday at 420pm

Anyways, will look to do trades Thursday night once teams come in, not sure to dump a Pickett/Hannan or just go Hibberd for Newman

Shaw is a problem and could be fixed by Joey, but Joey had a calf problem in preseason, so he might be better to bring in later on once he's played a few games, but he's so crucial for St Kilda still so he'll likely be an early POD and solid scorer anyway.

Hhmmmmm

Be wary of this weeks trades and lockout times guys

Pretty sure West Coast is playing Sydney on Thursday night (not exactly sure though) and the Roos and Dogs are on Good Friday at 420pm

Anyways, will look to do trades Thursday night once teams come in, not sure to dump a Pickett/Hannan or just go Hibberd for Newman

Shaw is a problem and could be fixed by Joey, but Joey had a calf problem in preseason, so he might be better to bring in later on once he's played a few games, but he's so crucial for St Kilda still so he'll likely be an early POD and solid scorer anyway.

Hhmmmmm
Come to think of it, Shaw can GAGF

In what I normally consider as a very good week in round 3 scoring 2213, it was only ranked 2188 for the week

2188 for the week FFS..........

Shaw is dead to me, this is probably the highest scoring start to a DT season ever and not having Adams is a killer and I can't afford him unless I dump a solid rookie which is pointless as it will kill future cash generation, so I'm thinking of going to counter Adams owners with bringing in Joey

Right now I'm thinking of Eddy and Shaw out for Joey and Newman, but Eddy could be Pickett or Hannan depending on if they're picked

Eddy will likely make more money next week as that 17 rolls out of his rolling average but I'm not sure how much more cash he'll make. If Hannan is dropped though then he could be dumped instead and if he keeps these 30-40s up he won't make much more anyway.

Come to think of it, Shaw can GAGF

In what I normally consider as a very good week in round 3 scoring 2213, it was only ranked 2188 for the week

2188 for the week FFS..........

Shaw is dead to me, this is probably the highest scoring start to a DT season ever and not having Adams is a killer and I can't afford him unless I dump a solid rookie which is pointless as it will kill future cash generation, so I'm thinking of going to counter Adams owners with bringing in Joey

Right now I'm thinking of Eddy and Shaw out for Joey and Newman, but Eddy could be Pickett or Hannan depending on if they're picked

Eddy will likely make more money next week as that 17 rolls out of his rolling average but I'm not sure how much more cash he'll make. If Hannan is dropped though then he could be dumped instead and if he keeps these 30-40s up he won't make much more anyway.

Dont have the money for Adams now im thinking Shaw > Lloyd and Smith > Newman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first move is obvious as with many - smith to newman

After that I have $245k spare and am wondering whether to trade JOM to a gun - was thinking Jobe Watson (but could also go Lloyd or Montagna via DPP). Am I giving up on JOM too early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back