Trades Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are you looking at?

does O'meara get the chop?

are Alex Neal-Bullen and Ryan Burton worth getting?
My problem is my forwards. Hannan, Weiderman, Eddy and Pickett are all s**t.

Thinking:
JOM -> Fox (Barrett to M8)
Weiderman -> ANB

Really regret trading in Hannan over Houston after Rd 1. Need to try and rectify that at some stage.

Anyone think I should go Houston over ANB? Leaves me with more coin to upgrade someone next week.

Who are you looking at?

does O'meara get the chop?

are Alex Neal-Bullen and Ryan Burton worth getting?

They are both getable and value depending on circumstances.

You have to look at it in points if rank is important, and if profit is more important.... then be compared to expected output.

Because generally to get a surging mid pricer at this point. It either means. You have a cash stockpile at a stupid time to have unspent cash. Or you are sideways trading. Or combining that with trading out a mid who is still earning in order to downgrade an on field player and pray on a rookie.

Points are important. But not ruining a good strategy is more important than chasing a particular player at the cost of another earning player.

These particular trades can become very costly along the way

They are both getable and value depending on circumstances.

You have to look at it in points if rank is important, and if profit is more important.... then be compared to expected output.

Because generally to get a surging mid pricer at this point. It either means. You have a cash stockpile at a stupid time to have unspent cash. Or you are sideways trading. Or combining that with trading out a mid who is still earning in order to downgrade an on field player and pray on a rookie.

Points are important. But not ruining a good strategy is more important than chasing a particular player at the cost of another earning player.

These particular trades can become very costly along the way
Yeah in the case of Neal-Bullen it would be a side trade for O'Meara, haven't got any pressing issues with my team atm so chasing the $ and score.

Where can I get a phone that big?

My non-sensical "soon-to-be-reversed" rage trades:

JOM -> Hanners
  • is Hanners at bottom price?...
  • is JOM just gonna avg 100 from here anyways...
  • is everyone else gonna trade JOM to D. Swallow....
  • 4k short of Murphy..... :mad:)
Stewart -> Williamson.
  • why are there zero rookies?!?!
  • Was really hoping Berry was gonna be worthwhile bringing in this week...
  • Team sheets for any new debuts going to be very interesting. Wigg please get a game soon so I can downgrade someone to you.
Honestly it's these early weeks where we have too many trades after the BS change to rules years ago now where it's "here have 2 trades for every week" rather than having to protect your trades like a monster that is annoying me because normally I'd never be in the position to make all these sideways trades, but 2 trades / week = first 5 weeks can ALL be sideways trades and if you're not making them either your team is perfect or you're not maximising your cashflow, which sucks, because when there's zero good downgrade targets there's nothing much to do. :sleeping:

Last edited:
I wanna get rid of Tuohy, JOM and Horlin-Smith.
No idea who to get though, might deal with JOM and GHS now and try get Lloyd for Tuohy the week after.
I got Burton for Tuohy and Oliver for JOM, but I probably won't do that.
I reckon Oliver will go big against Freo though.

Ugh. Sideways from S Mitchell, Shaw to Murphy and Lloyd is what my gut tells me.

JOM and taranto are next in line, surely they will start performing soon.....

Might just do one sideways and one downgrade to a rookie named next week.

Is Jake Spencer worth looking at? Just looking at past scores, he seems to do pretty well as the no.1 ruck.

O'Meara gone. Even when he racks up possessions, there are too many handballs. McGrath gone too.

Jobe and Williamson in. Ryder probably to the bench, depending on the MRP outcome.

nH9MWQ

My tactic is taking risky. My plan was to get rid of all the shitty fowards ie:

Cam mcarthy to Macrae
Taranto to buddy

But thank god those 2 are gone. Fowards is nearly complete

Next area of focus is mid

QuEyk

Attachments

• Screen shot 2017-04-09 at 10.20.22 PM.png
    Screen shot 2017-04-09 at 10.20.22 PM.png
    132 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nH9MWQ

My tactic is taking risky. My plan was to get rid of all the shitty fowards ie:

Cam mcarthy to Macrae
Taranto to buddy

But thank god those 2 are gone. Fowards is nearly complete

Next area of focus is mid

QuEyk

4 dnp's is your focus. Th e rest is secondary

Going Murphy (Bob) -> Burton.

Don't know whether to chase ANB. Taranto not doing great in the forwards, but Pickett is also a problem. I don't have the cash to jump from him to ANB, so it's either Taranto -> ANB or Pickett -> Houston? Butler? and (somewhat) miss the boat on ANB.

Going Murphy (Bob) -> Burton.

Don't know whether to chase ANB. Taranto not doing great in the forwards, but Pickett is also a problem. I don't have the cash to jump from him to ANB, so it's either Taranto -> ANB or Pickett -> Houston? Butler? and (somewhat) miss the boat on ANB.
Pickett seems the better cash cow atm keep him

Need to move Josh Smith and Hibberd (mid bench)
Option 1
Smith to Lloyd
Hibberd to Baltic/Miles

Option 2
Smith to Burton
Hibberd to Swallow and he becomes M8 with Barrett to bench

I think option 1 is better for points in the short term but option 2 is going to make more coin over the next 4 weeks..

Thoughts?

Shaw and O'Meara to Me. Murphy and Neal-Bullen
May as well chase points and breakeven now my on field rookies aren't terrible. Sub 50 scores from Hannan, Miles, Taranto, J. Simpkin, A. Kennedy and Stewart have killed me the past few weeks.
My bench is awful. Stewart, hibberd, Pickett, Miles, Hannan, Eddy are all slow burns.

Started the round with 100k in the bank
Thinking about Taranto > Balic
JOM > Hannebury

Figured the Hanners is at bottom price and he had a great game this week, and Taranto just isnt performing.

Thoughts on these trades??

I've got luke parker in my team, thought he would be a lock for the year, but his first 3 games average of 91 has me thinking otherwise...

Option 1: keep him hoping he averages 105+ for the rest of the year
Option 2: trade parker to oliver. Missed the boat a bit but this will pocket me 81k. If olivers form drops off I can upgrade him after a few weeks
Option 3: trade parker to dangerfield. Would be a lock for captain (only got my captain right once this year). Otherwise I will trade o'meara to dangerfield next week...

Already have swallow and murphy. Watson and heppell could be options...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back