Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought last week was painful with Rocky v Cripps....it was only the beginning of a month of pain. Cripps has GC, WB, Haw next 3 and isn't going under 120, last year he got 160+ against GC. This week it could be Cripps 160+ into Rocky DNP...even if Rocky plays I don't think he tons up for a while coming back from concussion. Season could officially be over after my first trade, this game shits me

Everyone’s trades are going to change come 625 Thursday:
- Tim kelly is a test..yes, he will have had a 9-day break but they may give him extra time with Easter Monday coming up round 5
- drew will be dropped. He played 86% game time for 9 touches. He can’t play when wines plays. He’s only chance of playing is if rocky is out.
- whilst port say rocky has pulled up fine, that means nothing. Concussion symptoms can take affect days after the incident. They won’t play him if not 100%. They will beat Richmond without him easily.
- setterfield is due for a rest. He’s got worse each game he’s played. Went at only 45% last week.
- bailey Scott big chance to be dropped. 12 touches after his 8 the week before. Scott will go with more senior side this week to try get a W. Anderson and ahern will come in.
- gibbons will be dropped so won’t make much more $$. Can’t see him playing many more games. He’s a VFL player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
FFS why do all these points seem fairly probable....we're doomed if this is all true.
Telly plays most likely
Drew/Setterfield probably won't be dropped but does it matter? Drew's scoring potential just halved with Wines back and Setterfield is just getting 50s.
I agree with Scott being dropped, can't believe Ahern is still not in that side
Don't have Gibbons so hope he is dropped

Last edited:

I thought last week was painful with Rocky v Cripps....it was only the beginning of a month of pain. Cripps has GC, WB, Haw next 3 and isn't going under 120, last year he got 160+ against GC. This week it could be Cripps 160+ into Rocky DNP...even if Rocky plays I don't think he tons up for a while coming back from concussion. Season could officially be over after my first trade, this game shits me

It's a long season. Whilst I agree the trade wasn't a good one Cripps will also get a lot of attention this season. He literally is their midfield.

He's pretty good at scoring through a tag but not to many teams are going to let him go without attention this year.

I reckon Bowes will go to him this weekend.

It's a long season. Whilst I agree the trade wasn't a good one Cripps will also get a lot of attention this season. He literally is their midfield.

He's pretty good at scoring through a tag but not to many teams are going to let him go without attention this year.

I reckon Bowes will go to him this weekend.
Bowes? Hasn't he been playing in defence this year? Anyway, hope you're right about Cripps getting attention. I'm still backing Rocky to outscore Cripps for the rest of the year simply because Cripps doesn't really get junk stats like Rocky does. Really need Rocky to get back into his early season form ASAP and hopefully he is completely over his concussion

Bowes? Hasn't he been playing in defence this year? Anyway, hope you're right about Cripps getting attention. I'm still backing Rocky to outscore Cripps for the rest of the year simply because Cripps doesn't really get junk stats like Rocky does. Really need Rocky to get back into his early season form ASAP and hopefully he is completely over his concussion
Nah, Bowes has had substantial midfield minutes. And looked very good at times. He is another that could become very DT relevant in time.

What Pea Nut said. He's been getting a lot of midfield minutes and in round 2 he ran with Fyfe (Fyfe still had 32 disposals and 119 DT points). It seems to be one of those match ups given to young players for educational purposes.

30k short of going ZWilliams to Whit...
Don't really want to downgrade any rookies to make the difference as they're all playing and haven't fattened enough yet. Scott OUT could force my hand though.
Another target for me is Boak and I can do Dunks to Boak. Surely this trade doesn't also backfire? Dunks just inconsistent over 4 quarters and isn't close to tonning up. Boak can't seem to stop himself from getting 120s every week and he will likely go big this week.

I am trying to trade out Dunkley but I don’t have enough money to get to Boak. Do you guys reckon bringing in Heeney is a mistake. I already have T Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am trying to trade out Dunkley but I don’t have enough money to get to Boak. Do you guys reckon bringing in Heeney is a mistake. I already have T Kelly.
I don't think it's a mistake at all. I'll be trying to get him next week if he plays good midfield minutes this week. Looked great last week.

I could go Dunkley to Kelly, just a bit worried he might be a late out. Already mentioned Dunkley to Rozee and Gibbons to Libba. Could go Gibbons to Lockhart and Setterfield to Rozee.

Is it worth chasing Rozee? And Libba for that matter? Went through the same thing last week and did nothing....might end up doing the same this week.

My trades in RDT are a bit sideways

Hoff to McEvoy and Goldy to Gawn

2,589/11,277

View attachment 652007
I'd highly recommend you hold fire on those trades. Gawns scoring likely to take a hit with Preuss coming in to the side. Hoff and Goldy aren't terrible selections. McEvoy is a pretty awful pick from a DT sense.

My trades in RDT are a bit sideways

Hoff to McEvoy and Goldy to Gawn

2,589/11,277

View attachment 652007
You are going to need Grundy at some stage
Its a waste of an upgrade if you don't end up with your final pairing

Also, not sure if I would be jumping on Gawn the week that Preuss is named. I'd want to see how that pairing goes for at least 2 weeks

Most likely will go with
Laird to whitfield

Smith and milera are costing him his 20-25 points, will probably bottom our at around 625k then grab him then

2nd trade will depend on teams
If either Scott or Gibbons r dropped then they become stack otherwise hanley to rozee. Expect them to avg similar but rozee will make money much more quickly for early upgrade

Everyone’s trades are going to change come 625 Thursday:
- Tim kelly is a test..yes, he will have had a 9-day break but they may give him extra time with Easter Monday coming up round 5
- drew will be dropped. He played 86% game time for 9 touches. He can’t play when wines plays. He’s only chance of playing is if rocky is out.
- whilst port say rocky has pulled up fine, that means nothing. Concussion symptoms can take affect days after the incident. They won’t play him if not 100%. They will beat Richmond without him easily.
- setterfield is due for a rest. He’s got worse each game he’s played. Went at only 45% last week.
- bailey Scott big chance to be dropped. 12 touches after his 8 the week before. Scott will go with more senior side this week to try get a W. Anderson and ahern will come in.
- gibbons will be dropped so won’t make much more $$. Can’t see him playing many more games. He’s a VFL player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If this comes true we are all ****ed

Is Westhoff to Mumford dumb? To leap to gawn in 3 weeks?

Westhoff is going to leak cash. And gawn probably bottomed out or not far off it.
Are you trying to use all your trades before the byes?
I think you have to hold Westhoff. To trade to mummy to then trade to gawn is too much, come the end of the season Westhoff will still have a reasonable average and will slot in at f6 and be great cover for your rucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back