If Naispud plays:
Lachie Spudfield to Simpkin
T.Brown to rookie spud
Sturt to Pittojet

If Naispud misses again (FMD):
Naispud to Pittojet
Lachie Spudfield to Simpkin
T.Brown to rookie spud

then next week I might finally get one of Neale/Gaff and watch them either get tagged every week or turn into spuds.pud

Naispud not playing has single-handedly ruined my season. It forces me to move Ceglar to R2 and then it stuffs up my rookie structure. Budarick always stuck on the mid bench and I have to field all the bad rookies in the fwd line. Brander also stuck on def bench doing me no good. Need to somehow get Brander and Budarick to the fwd line but M.King and Sturt are no chance of getting DPP. Might just trade Sturt no matter what

Might just trade Sturt no matter what
Sturts ankle will be the size of his quad today.
Should've stayed off and iced it, but instead went back on and hurt it even more, he could barely walk after his last qtr tackle & kick. I suspect he'll miss this week.

Some chance Marlion Pickett gets dropped.

Who knows what Ess will do this week. 14day quarantine, there's already talk the round 5 Friday night Ess/Coll will be moved to Sunday so it's 14days instead of 11.

Whitfield out a week surely but this just lights the fire for his famous massive score on injury return.

Would anyone trade in bombers players if they lock in their averages? No price rises though, just points.
Ridley a guaranteed 70 in defence for $485k might be a good trade for Smith.
Saad 77 for $545k
McGrath a 90 for $600k

At this point fantasy have allocated them all 0 which screws their averages but if they have 26 fit players, AFL might force them to play.
Out come the rookies.
Wouldn't want to lock in too many spuds but we've still got 2 weeks of 3 trades to work with.

Would like to move on Jacobs and Whitfield this week. Best case scenario and I'll try to get Cavarra up to a Caldwell type.

Not as clear on who I'd like to target...one half of Gawndy would be nice and Jake Lloyd is putting his hand up as well. McGrath is tempting as that midpricer type, and if he doesn't play the precedent is set for him to be given his average - won't be turning my nose up at a 90. If Naismith plays, I may even run with a Pittonet/Naismith combo in the ruck this weekend...😬

For what its worth, I think Brad Ebert is a good shout for replacing Whitfield.

Last edited:
Without too much analysis, Dylan Roberton or Madgen to Rivers - frees up some cash, then I can look at potentially Bewley/Brayshaw to Simpkin/Petracca in the forward line.

Last trade would be looking to trade an underperforming rookie...

I really want to trade in McGrath (reversed a trade to him last minute) but there's so much uncertainty around Essendon.
And when the game gets rescheduled, is there a double game round for Essendon and Melbourne?
I'll trade Bray, Bewley and Anderson to Hammill, some other rookie and Lyons. If the bombers demons game is a double though, then hello Clayton Oliver.

Definitely going Jacobs to Pitt even if Naismith @ R3 doesn't play
and probably Pickett down to a $170k, giving me about $300k to play with
Then I have no idea!!

Do I go-
Bont to Neale
Greenwood to Simpkin
Brayshaw to Simpkin
Houston to Lloyd

So confused right now!!

I really want to trade in McGrath (reversed a trade to him last minute) but there's so much uncertainty around Essendon.
And when the game gets rescheduled, is there a double game round for Essendon and Melbourne?
I'll trade Bray, Bewley and Anderson to Hammill, some other rookie and Lyons. If the bombers demons game is a double though, then hello Clayton Oliver.
At this point it will likely slot in after this round 5 block finishes and other teams have a week off.
Any points from the rescheduled match won't count as players have received their averages.

Content on my team, probably looking at upgrading rookies, however anyone think Houston isn't worth his price tag anymore? Thought he was a lock for the year :(
Didn't look like his role was the same last night, and only got his 55 in the end because of cheap marks and kicks towards the end ...
I have Brodie Smith and Houston down back, thinking of persisting with Smith and trying to get Houston up to Lloyd.
Roll on lockout lift pls, I need to make my 200+ different trades for the week

Whitfield to Simpkin
Houston to Lloyd/Weller

Third trade maybe a rookie fixup or Brayshaw to a Caldwell type to keep the cash generating

No price changes for Melb/Ess players might work to my advantage.

D.Smith was set to lose money but instead will hold his price. Is that right?

Already have 185K ITB.

Hoping I’ll have just enough for

D.Smith > Simpkin
Naismith > Pittonet
Houston > Lloyd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope they go to a 'Top 18' count if Essendon can't play.
The issue will be if AFL postpone the decision till the last possible moment, Then it leaves out any reaction time.

In reality it should be pretty clearly by early this week if they're any chance.

I think I'll continue to ignore my bench rooks this year and go with fixing my onfield side.

Thinking:
Jacobs -> Simpkin via Ceglar swining to R1;
Cumming -> Doedee (might be a beneficiary of Milera out and the ball being down that end alot this year?);
Final trade maybe something left field like a Houston or Smith -> Daicos (or Ridley if there's a chance we get averages again....)

No price changes for Melb/Ess players might work to my advantage.

D.Smith was set to lose money but instead will hold his price. Is that right?

Already have 185K ITB.

Hoping I’ll have just enough for

D.Smith > Simpkin
Naismith > Pittonet
Houston > Lloyd
Yeah you are bang on, big time help for Smith owners. Strange decision from them.

Yeah you are bang on, big time help for Smith owners. Strange decision from them.

I guess it's the fairest way. Any players that would've gone up in price you won't be trading anyway. So their $ gain is somewhat irrelevant.
Players who get a crap average locked in and drop further however would be unfair (eg. Devon Smith owners).

Whitspud sub 700 now fu**, Simpkin in

Now to decide who is getting the chop Houston/Smith to Lloyd or Cogs/Crouch to Neale
i'd be getting rid of that crouch boy... both looked miserable and underwhelming yesterday against teenagers :sick:

I guess it's the fairest way. Any players that would've gone up in price you won't be trading anyway. So their $ gain is somewhat irrelevant.
Players who get a crap average locked in and drop further however would be unfair (eg. Devon Smith owners).
Hurts big time on Bennell and Rivers. Cash gen is super important in a shorter season and that’s a week less of it. Adding in McInerny and Naismith outs I have not many rooks making money.

i'd be getting rid of that crouch boy... both looked miserable and underwhelming yesterday against teenagers :sick:
i am looking the same surely cogs can bounce back

plus Neale in

lost by 50 points last week without Zerrit and Petrecca

Hurts big time on Bennell and Rivers. Cash gen is super important in a shorter season and that’s a week less of it. Adding in McInerny and Naismith outs I have not many rooks making money.

Yes and no. Everyone probably has Rivers and majority would have Bennell too.
Even those without Bennell... there's literally no one else making cash at the moment. You're not missing out on any monster gains.
McInerney missed. Brown spud. McHenry spud. Anderson spud. Pickett spud.

Houston, Naismith, Sturt look to be on the chopping block for me. Pittonet in moves Ceglar back to FWD

Pretty much got all the best BE atm so sitting ok with that but probably need Grundy in the side ASAP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back