Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Hunter Clark is a fail pick cause St Kilda are mis using him. I am sitting on him this week cause Gresham is out and want to see if his CBA's improve.

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
View attachment 1096975
Ranked 461, 29 trades & 77k

Option 1) Phillips & Kosi -> Heeney & Chapman leaving $400

Option 2) Phillips & Fyfe -> CJ & Chapman (moving Campbell FWD, Laird & Clark into mids) leaving 97k

Option 3) Phillips & Fyfe -> Impey & Chapman (moving Clark/Laird into Mids) leaving 141k

Option 4) Fyfe to Chapman

What do you guys think? I think I am leaning towards the more riskier option 2 or 3 compared to the safer Heeney. I do however already have 5 premo DEF with Lloyd/Whitfield to complete. However given scoring trends I could have Laird sitting in mids all year
Option 4
The Phillips trades seem a bit sideways.

8BB01CB5-9468-49B1-BFE8-B30B1AC060F5.jpeg

So confused here. Need to move on JDG and Phillips.
Not sure whether to play Laird at M4 this week or not.
Rookie + Dunkley looking the right move.

Was going to hold off on trades this week, but just had a sneaky temptation to trade Phillips and Clark to King Gull and Waterman, which would leave my backs looking like this:

View attachment 1096914

It's so beautiful, but I probably shouldn't.
* it, doing it.

I dont think you can go wrong with either tbh.
I doubt either are year long keepers.
Id take CJ as imo its going to be harder to insure adequate defence coverage.
Good point. I’m warming more toward CJ if I’m honest but I keep looking at the value of Impey. Chapman the other I’ll bring in.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Hunter is a failed pick at this point which is agreed. A trade to Chapman nets him $285k and injects a new cash flow.

As for J.Clarke, he is becoming a liability. He hasn’t quite panned out as hoped. Now has a BE 24 and set to make another projected 20k. Last score of 71 inflated by a crucial goal otherwise it would’ve been pretty average. You say he’s one good score to mooing to 400k, I say he’s another average score away of almost being cooked.
He’s batting 5 deep in defence so would I trade to Bowes, another speculative pick that could work?...or an ultra premo who’s averaged 123 over the past 3 seasons and already at a 121 clip to date? I dare say Macrae would be high on everyone’s get list so if you can afford him now, why wait? Get his points now and lock in a set n forget stud...but that’s just my opinion.

GenuineMatchWinner asked for opinions and can choose to ignore whom he pleases. That’s his call, not yours.
Agree Hunter is a failed pick

Jordan Clark is performing as expected imo and will bite many impatient coaches on the backside in a few weeks time when inferior rookies will have to be fielded in droves, read Bollox's round 4-5-6 theory here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-4-trades.1260973/post-69429213

If you expected a 85-90 average from him then think again, 70-75 from J Clark is more than fine to get to the byes at 350-400k.

As an example I remember when everyone jumped on Bonner like 2-3 years ago after a big round 1 score, everyone expected too much from him and he disappointed averaging about 60 since his round 1 heights, Clark is a far more useful prospect than what Bonner was back then and so far his scoring variance is excellent over the first 3 rounds, he's a far safer pick than most rookies at the moment.

Imo your advice was very reactionary hence I felt the need to give my 2 cents. Yes Macrae will get points, but slaying J Clark is not the right cow for it.

Good point. I’m warming more toward CJ if I’m honest but I keep looking at the value of Impey. Chapman the other I’ll bring in.
Looks like we have similar trades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
thats r4 every year. There is always a few that got away.
pick whats best for your team.
ignore the grey noise.
Impey has a scoring history of not being a premo. Could he revert to type?
Jiath is a break out. His average could be anything.
Id take the break out every day of the week.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
View attachment 1096990
So confused here. Need to move on JDG and Phillips.
Not sure whether to play Laird at M4 this week or not.
Rookie + Dunkley looking the right move.
Agreed, Dunkley/Martin and Chapman, Laird or Clark into the Mids.

Could do Atkins and Bowes if want to go mid-pricey.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Doesn't look like Highscore is going to play. Wasn't mentioned by Ratten in his presser today and was playing in the Saints B side at training.

I would revolve your trades around him not being named. fu** you Aints

They lose a few more games and he'll be back

But yeah, seems Chapman will be a popular trade in this week, maybe Parks next week

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Hunter Clark is a fail pick cause St Kilda are mis using him. I am sitting on him this week cause Gresham is out and want to see if his CBA's improve.
So who's in the middle for them?

Steele, Ross and Crouch? Gresham was their point of difference as a smaller more nimble type.

Just get these vibes about Clark, don't worry, these 2 sucked a few of us in over the years too.

Screenshot_20210408-150453_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20210408-150537_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
So who's in the middle for them?

Steele, Ross and Crouch? Gresham was their point of difference as a smaller more nimble type.

Just get these vibes about Clark, don't worry, these 2 sucked a few of us in over the years too.

View attachment 1097024
View attachment 1097025

Yeah Idk what to do with him, I might offload Clark for Oliver/Mithcell in a few weks when they bottom out. Just gonna use the next week or 2 and reassess their on-ball brigrade.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Yeah Idk what to do with him, I might offload Clark for Oliver/Mithcell in a few weks when they bottom out. Just gonna use the next week or 2 and reassess their on-ball brigrade.
Yeah fair play

If he averages 80 odd then he should still hold a low 400s price

Hopefully he doesn't go Jack Billings on ya and plummets to low 300s

I'm still holding faith for Hunter Clark but if he spuds up again this week and/or doesn't get many CBAs then I'll ship him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back