Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

FswpCG0aEAEdWW3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got him and Doc.
Forced to hold both.

Pray Benedict Cumberbatch GIF by BBC
Got more confidence in Doc coming good - 39 last week means he's at least getting his hands on the pill if nothing else. Young was on for back to back 50s if not for a late goal last week

So hard to gauge Worpel after his role last week. What's his BE? If more than 70 or so, I'd do the Worpel to LDU option. Haven't seen a Freo game yet, so not sure how his role has looked.

Thoughts on Amartey's JS? Bollox SSwans2011 kyri help us out here in Amartey's JS please.
Scoring was actually reasonable in that loss to Dees. After an 80odd in a bad loss without a single goal, its actually a good sign to me. His JS all depends on Hickey and Reid returning but thats minimum 2-3 weeks away. Hickey would influence his scoring, but Reid should be seen as the main risk coz he's a direct replacement for Amartey if he has a shocker. Thats not for a month or so tho.
Amartey is a v good chance this week of being let properly loose around the ground as a mobile ruck, coz Ladhams has been so ordinary. Good scoring slot for SC if he gets the role and i reckon he will. Why wouldnt you ? Thats also a tick for scoring potential.
McLean is another risk, but on a rotation. Right now for SC purposes Amartey is playing well and looks best 22. His JS can be considered good.
If a 220K guy is useful to you, i'd say he looks a pretty solid buy.

Reasoning is sound but it doesn't take in to account injured players and also potential loss $$$ for the traded out player before price changes
What do you mean? That doesn’t even make sense. Instead of injured player to a replacement, go injured played to the rookie about to go up 100k and then spend the cash getting the replacement next week instead.

Was gonna give Young another week- but not really feeling confident… get the feeling he is a bust- without that late goal was looking at scoring a 50
In 20 odd years of playing this game, I’ve never seen a player get 34 points for a goal. Without that goal more like a 74.

Actually, that’s not true. Dean Cox got 50 for a goal after the siren down in Tassie, by SC have scrapped that bonus 50 for game winning scores now.

Absolutely agree.

I think most people trading in JZ and Setters were

1) Playing them on field
3) Expecting 95-105
3) Assumed Chandler would struggle to go over 70 vs Swans

Obviously knowing that Chandler would outscore both mid pricers everyone would have gone there as it changed the cash calculations significantly, Chandler at 65 vs Swans was expected to make 67K with JZ (100) making 55K and Setters (105) making 70K.

In hindsight Chandler was easily the correct pick but I understand based on cash projections + on field scoring why people went the other way
Chandler was averaging 82, but more importantly passed the eye test, and had late season form last year. He’s 23yo and been in the system 5 years, so effectively a mature age rookie, so your projections (obviously in hindsight) weren‘t realistic. Even then, you moved your projection from 70 to 65 in the next sentence.

But sacrificed 100k for, what, 30 points at best? Reckon at this stage in the season, that 100k nets you more than 30 points.

IMO people get too wrapped up in Premos early. Cash is king and all the best money making rookies play early in the season. We don’t often get many fat cows later in the year. If you miss the cash gen early you’re behind all year.

In 20 odd years of playing this game, I’ve never seen a player get 34 points for a goal. Without that goal more like a 74.

Actually, that’s not true. Dean Cox got 50 for a goal after the siren down in Tassie, by SC have scrapped that bonus 50 for game winning scores now.
Reckon Andrejs Everitt got an extraordinary score (reckon it was 60 or 70 or something stupid like that) for a goal at the end of a game after coming on as the sub during his Sydney days... Remember it put the whole scoring system into question how a bloke had a couple of touches and ended up in the top half of scorers.

I reckon Wilmot gets dropped after tonight's game, so changing my trade plans slightly so that my backline/cash gen isn’t stuffed next week. I see Fahey as the only def rookie that's on the immediate horizon, so gonna jump on Buckley. Means I miss Chandler, but it would've been hard to fit JVR in next week if I went with him, so feel this makes sense.

Worpel -> JVR
Chesser -> Buckley
Cameron -> English

I reckon Wilmot gets dropped after tonight's game, so changing my trade plans slightly so that my backline/cash gen isn’t stuffed next week. I see Fahey as the only def rookie that's on the immediate horizon, so gonna jump on Buckley. Means I miss Chandler, but it would've been hard to fit JVR in next week if I went with him, so feel this makes sense.

Worpel -> JVR
Chesser -> Buckley
Cameron -> English
Buckley has scored well and is a great young player, but close to three tons for a KPP player screams cliff edge to me.

Brennan Cox Jr IMO. I hope for your sake and any other brave kent who is jumping on him, and Amartey for that matter. Same dilemma I was facing with both of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley has scored well and is a great young player, but close to three tons for a KPP player screams cliff edge to me.

Brennan Cox Jr IMO. I hope for your sake and any other brave kent who is jumping on him, and Amartey for that matter. Same dilemma I was facing with both of them.
Oh I'm absolutely not expecting him to keep this up, but the JS is good, and he still has a bit of cash to make. If he gives me some safe 70-80s in the interim while everyone is fluffing around with Wilmot/Cowan at D6, it's a leg-up.

Essendon and Hawthorn the next two weeks, too, so should be plenty of intercepts up for grabs.

If he gives me some safe 70-80s in the interim while everyone is fluffing around with Wilmot/Cowan at D6, it's a leg-up.
This is exactly why I considered him for Chesser. Along with Cogs > Day, it helped me get Wilmot/Cowan off the field.

These issues will reappear this season down the track. Always does. There will be weeks we are struggling to find a bench player to cover a 1 to 2 week loss. These are the trades I am hoping I will have the luxury for later by not making sideways trades like this now.

This is exactly why I considered him for Chesser. Along with Cogs > Day, it helped me get Wilmot/Cowan off the field.

These issues will reappear this season down the track. Always does. There will be weeks we are struggling to find a bench player to cover a 1 to 2 week loss. These are the trades I am hoping I will have the luxury for later by not making sideways trades like this now.
Yeah, completely fair.

My main thinking is that I can't afford to have Chesser, Constable and Madden all sitting on my bench making no money as dead rookies. If I can get the cash gen flowing with Buckley, it mitigates that somewhat.

Scoring was actually reasonable in that loss to Dees. After an 80odd in a bad loss without a single goal, its actually a good sign to me. His JS all depends on Hickey and Reid returning but thats minimum 2-3 weeks away. Hickey would influence his scoring, but Reid should be seen as the main risk coz he's a direct replacement for Amartey if he has a shocker. Thats not for a month or so tho.
Amartey is a v good chance this week of being let properly loose around the ground as a mobile ruck, coz Ladhams has been so ordinary. Good scoring slot for SC if he gets the role and i reckon he will. Why wouldnt you ? Thats also a tick for scoring potential.
McLean is another risk, but on a rotation. Right now for SC purposes Amartey is playing well and looks best 22. His JS can be considered good.
If a 220K guy is useful to you, i'd say he looks a pretty solid buy.
Be Quiet Mr P GIF by @ICT_MrP

you’re not even playing SC 😢

Chesser to JVR is a week early.

Worpel to Buckley seems to be a diagonally down sideways trade.

Can save a boost this week in my opinion at least.
Again, fair. The Chesser -> JVR move is a necessity for English in this scenario though.

Original plan was Worpel -> Chandler, Cameron -> English, but I can see D6-8 being a major issue over the next few weeks, with no real solutions in sight, so getting on Buckley while I can appeals.

Need to make some ground after a fairly slow start to the year, so happy to take a risk. Pending injuries (as always), shouldn't need to trade over the next week or two while the cows moo.

Better to be a week early than a week late 😉

KPF though. Risky. Even if he does play up the ground a bit more.
As long as he doesn't get hurt, he should be locked into the side for a while. With Melbourne's upcoming draw, I think there's a few good scores to come.

If it backfires, it backfires, but I like that he doesn't just rely on goals. There's contested marks, good tackle numbers for a tall, and a few hitouts in there too.

I know I can harp on about going early on rookies, but it just makes sense for my side's structure atm.

As long as he doesn't get hurt, he should be locked into the side for a while. With Melbourne's upcoming draw, I think there's a few good scores to come.

If it backfires, it backfires, but I like that he doesn't just rely on goals. There's contested marks, good tackle numbers for a tall, and a few hitouts in there too.

I know I can harp on about going early on rookies, but it just makes sense for my side's structure atm.
Team structure is the most overrated thing I’ve ever seen in this game. It‘s the total score of the 22 players on the field. What line they are sitting in is utterly irrelevant.

I am all about going early on rookies and Unc had a good point, it gets you one ahead of the pack next week.

Not at the cost of a boost if it can be avoided though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back