Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

FswpCG0aEAEdWW3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team structure is the most overrated thing I’ve ever seen in this game. It‘s the total score of the 22 players on the field. What line they are sitting in is utterly irrelevant.
By structure, I'm referring to presently owning all of Constable, Cowan, Wilmot and Chesser. There's every chance that all four of them don't play next week, with no defensive rookies to downgrade to. By getting out Chesser for Buckley while he's still somewhat affordable, I mitigate that (likely) risk.

Need to try something a bit different and that move makes sense to me

I am all about going early on rookies and Unc had a good point, it gets you one ahead of the pack next week.

Not at the cost of a boost if it can be avoided though.
Yeah, nah, I never said go early. Always wait for the bubble. Seen people go early plenty of times and then there’s an injury and they’re stuck with a dead rookie.

By structure, I'm referring to presently owning all of Constable, Cowan, Wilmot and Chesser. There's every chance that all four of them don't play next week, with no defensive rookies to downgrade to. By getting out Chesser for Buckley while he's still somewhat affordable, I mitigate that (likely) risk.

Need to try something a bit different and that move makes sense to me
Can’t predict selections. GWS rookie debuting this weekend with DEF/MID DPP.

Yeah, nah, I never said go early. Always wait for the bubble. Seen people go early plenty of times and then there’s an injury and they’re stuck with a dead rookie.
There is some rookies you can go early on, seeing Roo in the flesh last weekend would've been enough for me if I was able to bring him in.

Not really, whether you have Bont, Cripps or Sicily, that doesn't matter. Day or Ziebell, big deal.

What matters to me is how many shite truck rookies you have on the field, and I for one have one too many.
If you have s**t rookies on the field because you’ve got more expensive premos elsewhere instead of midpricers, then it works out fine. Total score is all that matters.

There is some rookies you can go early on, seeing Roo in the flesh last weekend would've been enough for me if I was able to bring him in.
No, there’s never a rookie you can go early on. What if Roo does and ACL in the second quarter this week? You traded him in when you didn’t need to and now you‘ve a trade for a dead rookie.

If you have s**t rookies on the field because you’ve got more expensive premos elsewhere instead of midpricers, then it works out fine. Total score is all that matters.
True. I get where you are coming from, but then the value picks come into it. That is where the structure of the team matters.

If The SheZeebulls and Hopperfield are must haves, then the rest of the team starts taking shape accordingly.

No, there’s never a rookie you can go early on. What if Roo does and ACL in the second quarter this week? You traded him in when you didn’t need to and now you‘ve a trade for a dead rookie.
If the trade ia a downgrade and it nets me cash to upgrade elsewhere, the trade has served somewhat of a purpose.

If the trade ia a downgrade and it nets me cash to upgrade elsewhere, the trade has served somewhat of a purpose.
Use the rule one trade is 150k. It’s been a well established principle around these parts.

Anyway, none of these guys play until Sunday, so will assess how the round goes and how Cowan looks. If I get through the week with no injuries, and Cowan looks poor and likely to drop his spot, I'll probably pull the trigger on the Buckley trade.

It'll all make sense in time (like to think that I have some runs on the board by this point – there's logic behind my decisions lol).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stevebbb considering something like this.

Screenshot_20230406_235719_Chrome.jpg

Pick up a potential DEF/MID keeper who is going up in value, playing in a SC friendly position.

Also picking up a quick 100k cash grab over the next 2 weeks.

Sacrificing a depreciating premo who burnt me when I traded him out last year, and banking 73k for upgrade season.

View attachment 1652071

Pick up a potential DEF/MID keeper who is going up in value, playing in a SC friendly position.

Sacrificing a depreciating premo who burnt me when I traded him out last year, and banking 73k for upgrade season.
Dunno why you're trading a 103 averaging FWD premo.

But do what you gotta do.

Back your gut...

View attachment 1652071

Trading out a definite FWD keeper for a potential keeper. That’s the nooks I know.

I’ve got an important fork in the road here… get Oliver for a captain option or not

Option 1 seems to be the obvious option, but I’m going for option 2

Option 1 - get a safe captain
Out: Cogs DC
In: Oliver Hopper

Option 2 - give Cogs a chance, keep a fwd premo
Out: Callaghan DC
In: LDU Chandler

I’ve got an important fork in the road here… get Oliver for a captain option or not

Option 1 seems to be the obvious option, but I’m going for option 2

Option 1 - get a safe captain
Out: Cogs DC
In: Oliver Hopper

Option 2 - give Cogs a chance, keep a fwd premo
Out: Callaghan DC
In: LDU Chandler

Can you give Callahan one more week .
And get van Rooyen next week or brocky.

And go LDU.

Oh who did you get.,??

Can you give Callahan one more week .
And get van Rooyen next week or brocky.

And go LDU.

Oh who did you get.,??
No, I’m about $6K short on one trade

Callaghan to Chandler or Amarty
I’m leaning towards Chandler due to Melb’s draw

No, I’m about $6K short on one trade

Callaghan to Chandler or Amarty
I’m leaning towards Chandler due to Melb’s draw

A party probs gets DPP .
Unsure on future JS ..

Hickey listed 3 weeks away ...does he stay in ...

Brown inj ?
Gawn inj .

Van Rooyen an option ...extra money for upgrade s

Trading out a definite FWD keeper for a potential keeper.
Trying to fix up my backline and get Wilmot/Cowan off the field.

Day will go up in value, so will Amartey. Cogs will decrease.

With DPP incoming, I have realised the strategy of stacking the fwd line in favour of the back line has been a failure.

My only saving grace will be the SheZeebulls going down back after next week. If I can hold on that long.

Trying to fix up my backline and get Wilmot/Cowan off the field.

Day will go up in value, so will Amartey. Cogs will decrease.

With DPP incoming, I have realised the strategy of stacking the fwd line in favour of the back line has been a failure.

My only saving grace will be the SheZeebulls going down back after next week. If I can hold on that long.

RD six DPP changes ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back