Trades Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

FswpCG0aEAEdWW3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really struggling to decide what to do with my team this week. I feel Young is going to burn me and maybe I should move him on. This what I was thinking but would really appreciate some advice.
Option 1 - Hold

Option 2 - young & Jones to Dawson & Phillips

Any advice would be appreciated

67b21695e5cc5b8f06b4ac32509d0452.jpg
9cf258350da94c9c7559886a0dbf52de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Really struggling to decide what to do with my team this week. I feel Young is going to burn me and maybe I should move him on. This what I was thinking but would really appreciate some advice.
Option 1 - Hold

Option 2 - young & Jones to Dawson & Phillips

Any advice would be appreciated

67b21695e5cc5b8f06b4ac32509d0452.jpg
9cf258350da94c9c7559886a0dbf52de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I wouldn't do it if it meant your D6-8 would be Wilmot, Constable and Cowan. Decent chance that none of them play next week.

Hold imo. If you're set on making that trade, I'd rather McVee than Phillips. Gives you extra DEF coverage, better JS and maybe a better chance of having more than 50 at D6 this week.

Chesser or Callaghan out for Phillips?

Or would you just skip Phillips all together?
I’d rather the slower burn cheaper mid with much better JS in Rowston. With as much CBAs as he’s getting he’s bound to have a good score just from being around the ball so often. Even if Phillips stays in the side he’s not going to get the same mid time with all Norths best mids back

Was going to trade Callaghan this week, but with first round of possie changes, think I'll wait till next week to trade him to VanRooyen and with it move Constable to the mid bench and Sheezel to defence.

Might give me the money to trade someone up to Stewart while I'm at it.

Has anyone got any interest in Bowes any more? Been very quiet on this board about him this week.
If you need a defender at around that price, Buckley is the better option

Any love for Sam Petrevski-Seton? Expensive at 280k but could do well given the state of the WCE list? If he maintains his 94 average he will make 160k in 5 weeks and be a handy F6 when Sheezel goes to D4 in a week?

Also looking at Amartey and Rowston.

Which of these three should I trade for Callaghan? Or does the more obvious selection of Chandler make more sense?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Wilmot gets dropped after tonight's game, so changing my trade plans slightly so that my backline/cash gen isn’t stuffed next week. I see Fahey as the only def rookie that's on the immediate horizon, so gonna jump on Buckley. Means I miss Chandler, but it would've been hard to fit JVR in next week if I went with him, so feel this makes sense.

Worpel -> JVR
Chesser -> Buckley
Cameron -> English
Backing out of this and returning to the original plan (Worpel -> Chandler, Cameron -> English).

Goodwin naming his favourite potato McDonald makes me worry that JVR could get dropped for Brown if he has a quiet one. Sounds silly, and Melbourne supporters will probably burn down HQ, but I wouldn't rule it out. Best just to wait for him to be on the bubble anyway. Will sort out D6 in the next week or two.

Any love for Sam Petrevski-Seton? Expensive at 280k but could do well given the state of the WCE list? If he maintains his 94 average he will make 160k in 5 weeks and be a handy F6 when Sheezel goes to D4 in a week?

Also looking at Amartey and Rowston.

Which of these three should I trade for Callaghan? Or does the more obvious selection of Chandler make more sense?
I've gone Amartey FWIW

Has anyone got any interest in Bowes any more? Been very quiet on this board about him this week.
I went early on him on debut and might be the only silly campaigner in here that has him. His 61 defo put people off his radar. I hope it’s a blessing and becomes a nice POD.

I went early on him on debut and might be the only silly campaigner in here that has him. His 61 defo put people off his radar. I hope it’s a blessing and becomes a nice POD.
Me too. I started him and used him as a loop first round when Chris Scott said he’d definitely play Rd 2. Was feeling pretty smug after the 108.

team trades round 4.PNG
So originally I wasn't going to trade but with Docherty almost looking like a must trade next week I think I am going do these two moves.

Horn and Phillipoo to Rowston and Day.

I think this makes my team better structurally allowing me to field Mackenzie M8 and take Day over Wilmot's score.

View attachment 1653184
So originally I wasn't going to trade but with Docherty almost looking like a must trade next week I think I am going do these two moves.

I think this makes my team better structurally allowing me to field Mackenzie M8 and take Day over Wilmot's score.
Looks good and JHF to Day is probably a decent move.

I've done a rough calc and I reckon we'll need about $60k in the bank to do a straight swap Docherty to Stewart next week, pending Stewarts score on Monday

Looks good and JHF to Day is probably a decent move.

I've done a rough calc and I reckon we'll need about $60k in the bank to do a straight swap Docherty to Stewart next week, pending Stewarts score on Monday
Worst case i can get JVR in for a green or cam next week to make sure i can get Stewart in. Even though Horn to Day feels a bit sideways, i feel more comfortable with Day at D3 rather than JHF who is arguably no better than Sheezel at F6

View attachment 1653184

Don't want to startle BUT there's a rumour just been posted on the Suns board that Witts is an out for tonight's game.....it's only a rumour at this stage...NO confirmation yet.....

Don't know why anyone would trade Docherty. 39 touches and 10 marks, CD killed him. He's far from a butcher normally, so that tells me the role is there, meaning he's still top 6 def.

If this is out of form it just shows you how much upside there is. You can trade him if you want but trust me you'll regret it when he just scores 140 the week after. There's a reason you picked him in the first place.

Have you traded Doc out yet mate??
told you so agree GIF by Bounce

Planning on getting in Amartey from Sydney. Do I trade or Ratugolea for him? I feel Bruce has performed better but one advantage for Ratugolea is that I can swing him in to the Ruck if I have to.

Last edited:

He'll pounce back .
Will be interesting how he goes with stew and Duncan in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back