Round 4 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you really want to be trading up from Caddy to a super-premium ie. a guy who will be there in your midfield at the business end of the season as one of the Top 10 or so midfielders in the competition.

Will Masten be one of them? Personally I don't think so.
So am I better off keeping the extra cash I'll get from trading Fyfe to Lewis and waiting for Caddy's price to go up?

The problem is I don't think Caddy is going to be a good scorer at all this year. How much more money will he make me? I'm getting tired of the mediocre scores.

Hold off on Dempsey.. Was only a precautionary substitution due to cramping/tightness in the same hamstring of the knee that he did his ACL.

Will most likely play this week..

Has shown he is capable of scoring well, if he can put out another 2 or 3 consecutive 80+ games will still go up another 100K..

Would you consider trading Petrie for Riewoldt then?

Does anyone think that Barlows a bargain at his price and can match it with the elite premiums such as Murphy, Judd, Dal Santo, etc? I already have Ablett, Penldes and Selwood.

I can see him being a great P.O.D and still having alot left over to upgrade Hargrave (spud) to Scotland or Carazzo after next week if I go Fyfe > Couch and Coniglio > Barlow this week.

I could go Coniglio > Murphy but don't really think the extra 15-20 points Murphy might possibly get over Barlow isn't worth the $261,700 I now have left over. Barlows capable of 140-150's anyways. LOL!

Thoughts? :eek:

Barlow should be a good pick, not sure he will match the top 5 mids, but should sit comfortably within the top 10 as long as he doesn't get the vest again. Definitely won’t stay at his current price for long.

That said though given my ranking at the moment i'd take the extra points, don’t know about you though.

Barlow should be a good pick, not sure he will match the top 5 mids, but should sit comfortably within the top 10 as long as he doesn't get the vest again. Definitely won’t stay at his current price for long.

That said though given my ranking at the moment i'd take the extra points, don’t know about you though.

Yeah but I'll be gaining even more points the week after by upgrading Hargrave to either Carazzo or Scotland with the $261,700 I now have sitting in the kitty.

Thats the method to my madness mate. ;):thumbsu:

Yeah but I'll be gaining even more points the week after by upgrading Hargrave to either Carazzo or Scotland with the $261,700 I now have sitting in the kitty.

Thats the method to my madness mate. ;):thumbsu:

Yeah fair point, gotta plan for the future :thumbsu:

I'm tossing up between two options if Fyfe has a long term injury.

The first is straight swap from Fyfe to Whitecross. Whitecross has shown good form in a strong team. This will also allow me to keep the DPP link mid/fed. & leave me over $100k for later.
The second is switching Fyfe into my midfield for Kennedy from GWS and bringing Scott Selwood into my Midfield. This might be a POD and Selwood has also shown good form in a strong team but I would loose my DPP link.

Would love some thoughts on this.

DPP link is not a huge issue, at the point at which you cash in your first midfield cow (let's say Shiel for example) you can trade him for a M/F rookie (let's say Couch, but there's a few options) to get your link back.

I'm considering doing it myself if Fyfe has surgery, mainly because I think the midfield premium options are much surer than the forward prem options.

The only real issue with this I was planning to leave my mid prem upgrades til nearer the bye week so I could pick up guys who have already had their bye or will fit around my byes, if I do it now I'm limited in terms of who I can pick (for example I can't take a second Coll Carlton or Geel player).

Scott Selwood has gone beserk score wise. I havent seen any Eagles games this year, is he likely to be able to sustain 105-115 avg long run or is his opening just a purple patch aided by playing some rubbish teams?

Eagles fans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am going to drop Jack Riewoldt for Kurt Tippet.. he should fill his boots vs GWS... and Jack's breakeven is 163 and he's facing another 40,000 drop to dip well under 400,000 while Kurt will go up if he gets 60 +....

I am looking forward already to the bye rounds and stacking my team (about 16-18 players) with players who have bye round 11 and just conceding that week instead of wasting trades to be competitive in the three bye weeks... so i am looking at someone from north, bris, ade, wc, wb or gws.... am thinking i will go someone good and reliable enough so i can keep for finals so thinking either Shuey, wells, scott thompson, boyd or rockcliff.... but the cheaper options who seem to be stepping up such as Liam Anthony, ziebell or Bastinac are tempting as well to make some cash if i think i can trust them for later on... actually won't be considering Rockcliff his breakeven is too high could get cheaper later on

thoughts???

i would say yes but i want to see 2 or 3 consistent games from him first and can't afford to wait so i splashed a bit extra and just took Shuey as he will continue to avoid tags and slip under the guard... also noticed he has a healthy habit of free kicks for.. had 7 one game and 4 this week... think Selwood may start to cop a tag so i have taken Shuey and plan to keep him as a go to guy say 3rd or 4th best midfielder in your finals team.. i think Ziebell fits that too and can stay for finals also and may try to get him before a big rise over the next couple weeks.

Anyone bringing in a WCE midpricer bear in mind their draw so far. Three out of probably the five worst teams (WBD, MELB, GWS). They may come crashing back to reality in coming weeks... Masten and Selwood jump to mind.

Does anyone think that Barlows a bargain at his price and can match it with the elite premiums such as Murphy, Judd, Dal Santo, etc? I already have Ablett, Penldes and Selwood.

I can see him being a great P.O.D and still having alot left over to upgrade Hargrave (spud) to Scotland or Carazzo after next week if I go Fyfe > Couch and Coniglio > Barlow this week.

I could go Coniglio > Murphy but don't really think the extra 15-20 points Murphy might possibly get over Barlow isn't worth the $261,700 I now have left over. Barlows capable of 140-150's anyways. LOL!

Thoughts? :eek:

"Murphys" Law is now know as "Dempsey's" Law. Barlow doomed to get injured once the sheep get on board

I am going to drop Jack Riewoldt for Kurt Tippet.. he should fill his boots vs GWS... and Jack's breakeven is 163 and he's facing another 40,000 drop to dip well under 400,000 while Kurt will go up if he gets 60 +....

thoughts???

Adelaide have had a pretty easy draw for the first month, it toughens up after next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back