Preview Round 4 v Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dear Freo brains trust.

In case we're one of the 12 clubs who don't access this info...the umpires this week are targeting:
1. Holding the ball interpretations.
2. Deliberate out of bounds.
3. A focus on support free kicks, which are free kicks awarded by the non-controlling umpire.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-12/most-clubs-not-accessing-umpire-training-intel

Why do they need to 'target' things anyway? The rules are the rules, just umpire what you see. Going out with preconceived notions of different things they're going to target every game just leads to this week-to-week inconsistency we always get.

Why do they need to 'target' things anyway? The rules are the rules, just umpire what you see. Going out with preconceived notions of different things they're going to target every game just leads to this week-to-week inconsistency we always get.

How else are the umpires going to get their share of the limelight? Umpiring in the AFL is an absolute joke and detracts massively from the game. If they could sort it out (they wont) the enjoyment factor of watching the game would increase tenfold. Make it a lot easier for international and new viewers to pick up the game also.

That's why we had the "play on" call after the ball was a metre over the boundary line on Sat night:Not a Targeted Area.

That said, after watching the replay a few times, we also got away with a bit IMO.

It's a Freo win. The signs are everywhere.

Race 4 at Balaklava yesterday sums it up perfectly.

The race was won by a sleek racing machine named 'Docker Pav'. The official winning margin was a nose (of course).

Balaklava is either: something Victorian clubs wear when negotiating hand outs from the AFL; or a Greek dessert. Pav is Croatian which is near enough to Greece. Signs.

Pav actually finished second but was awarded the race on protest. The little battler had to fight for the justice he deserved when the favourite attempted to rob him of his glory. More signs.

Pav is trained by a guy named Smart. Pav was recruited to Freo by a guy named Smart. Sign.

http://www.racingresults.com.au/race/2017-04-12/balaklava/morphett-vale-rsl-benchmark-60-hcp-186702/

The race was run on Wednesday, three days before this week's game. It's Easter. Didn't the Great Man Rise three days after a serious stoush? It's another sign.

Speaking of Jesus, didn't He escape the clutches of the non-believers to return to his rightful place in the Promised Land? The Dees may as well take a leaf out of their members' book and not bother turning up.

PurpleJesus.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, first post here. Thought I'd take the opportunity to join the BF party while life has thrown up a little quirk. My first bambino was born last week at Subi hospital. Even though I couldn't make the WB game, our window overlooked Domain, and I watched the broadcast from our hospital bed with bubs on my chest. You could hear the crowd roar over my crappy little handheld remote/speaker, all the way to TNT. Afterwards it occurred to me - Freo has never lost since my little girl has been alive. Her life has started with a big win over the reigning premiers!

I don't know where I'm going with this... I guess I'm just envious that for her*, even for just a week, Freo is awesome. And nothing else.

I reckon we can make it two.

*Of course, she can't even see colours yet, let alone appreciate this

Hi guys, first post here. Thought I'd take the opportunity to join the BF party while life has thrown up a little quirk. My first bambino was born last week at Subi hospital. Even though I couldn't make the WB game, our window overlooked Domain, and I watched the broadcast from our hospital bed with bubs on my chest. You could hear the crowd roar over my crappy little handheld remote/speaker, all the way to TNT. Afterwards it occurred to me - Freo has never lost since my little girl has been alive. Her life has started with a big win over the reigning premiers!

I don't know where I'm going with this... I guess I'm just envious that for her*, even for just a week, Freo is awesome. And nothing else.

I hope for her sake, the Dockers bring more joy to her childhood than they did mine. It was tough being a Freo supporter through school right from inception through the end of high school. Come to think of it, that carried on to adulthood, too, until Ross the Boss took charge.

I hope for her sake, the Dockers bring more joy to her childhood than they did mine. It was tough being a Freo supporter through school right from inception through the end of high school. Come to think of it, that carried on to adulthood, too, until Ross the Boss took charge.

Look on the bright side..yeah we didn't win much in the first 8 years. But guys like clive, wills, chilsom, Abraham were bloody awesome to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So true... Those were the days, being outnumbered 10 to one at derby bbqs, clinging to the hope that Schammer was the next big thing...

Weird. Dockers had no impact at all on my childhood. The Mau Mau did. And the invention of contraception. Ginsberg turned up and changed things. Gough. Silent Spring. The Internet had an impact.

Seems like a much simpler world for you sweet young things.

Last edited:

Hopefully you named her "Rosslyn" ;)
Great first ever post :)

Weird. Dockers had no impact at all on my childhood. The Mau Mau did. And the invention of contraception. Ginsberg turned up and changed things. Gough. Silent Spring. The Internet had an impact.

I'm not sure we'd be talking if the invention of contraception impacted on your childhood ;)

You're bloody lucky, we couldn't afford a childhood.

My Granddad fought in that Mau Mau thing. The next logical thing to ask is... are you my Granddad?

It's a Freo win. The signs are everywhere.

Race 4 at Balaklava yesterday sums it up perfectly.

The race was won by a sleek racing machine named 'Docker Pav'. The official winning margin was a nose (of course).

Balaklava is either: something Victorian clubs wear when negotiating hand outs from the AFL; or a Greek dessert. Pav is Croatian which is near enough to Greece. Signs.

Pav actually finished second but was awarded the race on protest. The little battler had to fight for the justice he deserved when the favourite attempted to rob him of his glory. More signs.

Pav is trained by a guy named Smart. Pav was recruited to Freo by a guy named Smart. Sign.

http://www.racingresults.com.au/race/2017-04-12/balaklava/morphett-vale-rsl-benchmark-60-hcp-186702/

The race was run on Wednesday, three days before this week's game. It's Easter. Didn't the Great Man Rise three days after a serious stoush? It's another sign.

Speaking of Jesus, didn't He escape the clutches of the non-believers to return to his rightful place in the Promised Land? The Dees may as well take a leaf out of their members' book and not bother turning up.

PurpleJesus.jpg
Ahhh Jeffrey. Can't like this post enough.

Interesting changes for the Demons, obvious their strategy is to rebound off of our forwards, I hope Kersten and McCarthy are up for tracking their man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back