Preview Round 4 v Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do lose- to the old player sympathisers please don't come in here saying " I told you so".

The odds of winning are low especially at the MCG with many young players. This season is all about getting experience and playing a game plan that will win a premiership. Winning 2 qtrs i.e good movement, score well is a success for me.

Do you think Ross will attack at the MCG or go back to Lyonball? Based on the Carlton game we will struggle if you make it a scrap and you'll be right in the game, if you attack and we aren't kicking like last week with all due respect I could see us racking up a 100+ score.

Do you think Ross will attack at the MCG or go back to Lyonball? Based on the Carlton game we will struggle if you make it a scrap and you'll be right in the game, if you attack and we aren't kicking like last week with all due respect I could see us racking up a 100+ score.
Don't think our game plan changed much last week compared to the first couple rounds, we just had more proactive players in the side capable of running the ball rather than throwing it on the boot. Will have one spare in defense and likely a run-with player too.

Don't think our game plan changed much last week compared to the first couple rounds, we just had more proactive players in the side capable of running the ball rather than throwing it on the boot. Will have one spare in defense and likely a run-with player too.

We didn't play a spare from what I remember. Even numbers in front and behind the ball. Our midfield worked extremely hard to get back and out number the opposition.

Will Sheridan stay in beast mode and go hard at it ??or revert back to his old self ??? Hopefully he still thinks the moon is out and doesn't see the sun IMG_0820.jpg

They aren't mutually exclusive. As long as our ball use near our defensive fifty doesn't give it back and cough up ten plus goals then our defense holds.

Itll be interesting to see if Connor has another run with role in this game . I think we'll go a Carlton approach here drag into deep waters make it a scrap

I can't see Melbournes mids having the class of Freo's. With a Brownlow medalist and best player in the comp, 2 all Austs , a possession winning machine, 3 time GF medalist and his line breaking brother plus the biggest and best ruck of all time against a ruck minnow , Melbourne won't get close.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone expecting Lyon to produce a massively different game plan has missed a few episodes.

We have been recruiting players who are faster and have better skills for a few years now. We have invested heavily in the running defensive type of players. We have built a powerful running midfield.

Much has been put in place already.

He's not enjoying it I dont think, will be a test of his character. Been told to make way for the big C.

Hope he cops it well & continues to contribute.

All the mids are being rotated through the forward half with Sonny. With the restricted interchanges it gives them a break with out going to the bench. Its the reason Fyfe, Mundy, Neale had the 12 possies each in the last quarter and ran over the top of the bullies. In the training sims the mids all have a stint forward.

Last edited:
We need someone other than Johnson to back up in the ruck. Would rather fyfe ruck and burst through the pack to bomb it in long with sandi resting ,kersten,mcarthy down there etc. Garlett is the one we need to watch. Spurr will probably get him but doesn't have the speed to go with him

We need someone other than Johnson to back up in the ruck. Would rather fyfe ruck and burst through the pack to bomb it in long with sandi resting ,kersten,mcarthy down there etc. Garlett is the one we need to watch. Spurr will probably get him but doesn't have the speed to go with him
Liked Johnson in the ruck good reach can read the play fights hard

We didn't play a spare from what I remember. Even numbers in front and behind the ball. Our midfield worked extremely hard to get back and out number the opposition.
Was at the game, we definitely played a spare and it worked very well as it prevented the Bulldogs from being able to stick Boyd or Cloke in the square 1v1. Bulldogs were using their spare at stoppages.

It wasn't captured in the broadcast but Hamling did a McPharlin-esque job of organizing our D50 - I was super impressed.

Was at the game, we definitely played a spare and it worked very well as it prevented the Bulldogs from being able to stick Boyd or Cloke in the square 1v1. Bulldogs were using their spare at stoppages.

It wasn't captured in the broadcast but Hamling did a McPharlin-esque job of organizing our D50 - I was super impressed.

I was there also, Subiaco end. I only recall a spare at a centre square bounce down once. They scored within a minute of that setup. Once it was around the ground stoppages we went between zone and one on one depending on the setup. I don't recall too many plus ones in defense. Though we often outnumber them on the defensive side of the stoppage, all teams do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back