Preview Round 4 v Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Righteo likes pretty pictures, so...

team.jpg

I thought trengove was delisted

Teams match up pretty well. The Hillz in open space.

How is walters travelling? Any chance to miss?

I thought trengove was delisted
Given another year because it was the right thing to do. Hopefully he can find some form. Tragedy what Neeld did to him.

The choice of Pearce as traveling emergency is really disappointing. My worst fear is that Lyon will quickly revert to type and go back to his old pets as soon as the opportunity arises. If Walters cant get up then Tucker should be his replacement.
If Pearce plays tomorrow it will be back to the same pointless long bombs into the forward 50.

Taking Pearce over is fine, he seems like a pretty like for like with Walters (albeit downgrade) who is the player in doubt, the other two emergencies were a ruck and tall forward so it makes sense to take Pearce. He has also played 250 games and can go a couple weeks without match fitness, would much rather take him and not play him instead of taking Tucker and him missing a week of footy.

Another positive is if Walters does get up then Pearce misses 2 weeks of footy and will probably be more likely to go back to Peel who have a bye, therefore would miss 3 weeks of footy and need to play for Peel in the 4th week. 4 weeks free of Pearce!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am hoping suban, d.pearce, Dawson ,Johnson ,ibbo,griffin and Tab can keep playing for freo instead of peel .

The choice of Pearce as traveling emergency is really disappointing. My worst fear is that Lyon will quickly revert to type and go back to his old pets as soon as the opportunity arises. If Walters cant get up then Tucker should be his replacement.
If Pearce plays tomorrow it will be back to the same pointless long bombs into the forward 50.

I'm choosing the positive interpretation - Pearce's card is marked so it doesn't matter if he misses match practice, whereas another game into Tucker is more valuable than him sitting on a plane for no reason.

Why? as a Freo supporter I don't want them anywhere near the current side I suppose you as a Peel supporter thinks differently.
I get what you mean now , maybe allgnment is bad for wafl after all .

Yeah and if everything goes as expected and Walters is fine then Tucker misses a game for peel which delays his return to the AFL

I am optimistic, however not going to place a bet despite the generous odds. The pleasing thing against the Bulldogs was the quality games from the senior players in the midfield. Also the new recruits had their best games - Hamling, Hill, McCarthy and Kersten. McCarthy looks like a beast to me, and he had a bit of a shocker but still managed a decent game. I can't wait for it all to come together - he will bag 6+ soon I reckon.

Melbourne have a great extended midfield, however as a purple glasses wearing supporter I honestly believe we have the edge. There is no doubt that S Hill is our barometer, and if he gets the pill 30+ plus times we are a good chance, as he brings quality and other players in to the game. I just hope for a good competitive hit out. 4 points would be a great outcome heading into the derby!

Is Walters possibly a late out? Someone please fill me in
As far as I'm aware he could be, didn't train this week, would be replaced by Dan Pearce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back