Preview Round 4 v Melbourne at Coopers Stadium (Norwood Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the more dominant performances in our girls history.

God the umpiring is so damn frustrating! HTB free kicks for every damn thing... except when it's actually holding the ball!

I actually really liked Whiteley at CHF. Did more there than Mules up forward. Funny how her and Biddell looked all at sea the last couple of seasons and then they swap positions and loom absolutely natural.

Newman must hold her spot next week, was great. Najwa Allan had her best game of the year and the usual suspects were all very good (Woodland aside).

Should have won by 6 goals really.
Whiteley was serviceable when asked to actually body up on Birch and the other loose defender after they were given free run for a half, she was well used by Clarke as just able to cause a contest is where she’s at at this level.

Thought N.Allen got in the right spot a lot but jeez she was slow again with ball in hand, always a constant battle that with her.

I will definitely not cope next week if they drop Newman, someone who reads the ball, has clean hands and has a trusty leg like her should be in the top dozen picked. Got to also say I had Racjic cooked beyond belief before the season started, she could be leading the B&F and in the All-Aus side after these 4 games 😯

Last edited:
Rajcic to me looks like someone who doesn't quite have all the natural tools but has enough smarts to get by. When things turn hectic she can go to water a bit, but in normal play she just knows when to body up, when to cover space, etc.

What I liked about Najwa Allen's game was that she read the ball so well in contests. So many times there was a contested ball situation and suddenly she just exited the pack with the ball. Kicks it nicely most the time too.

Ballard down on last week's performance but the game didn't really suit her with Melbourne flooding back. Gore a bit off to but maybe she was tagging someone, I'm always bad at picking up on that.

Speaking of next week, assuming Randall is out, they've got Thompson, Mules and Ponter to fit back in. For mine it's Considine and Simmons out but that would go against the trend set so far this season.

Edit: Mind you, do we know when those girls started the protocol? Will they be back in time for round 5?

I think they are told to say that sort of thing as they don't want people to switch off.
But it just treats the audience like idiots.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

You could hear him mid-sentence realise "oh wait, no..." but then he just committed and went with it anyway, haha.

Also, speaking of Soder, he insisted on referring to Biddell as "Biddle" all match. I'm sure it's always been pronounced "bid-dell" before. Did he just get a word that they had been saying it wrong, or did he just get it wrong and then commit to it?

God the umpiring is so damn frustrating! HTB free kicks for every damn thing... except when it's actually holding the ball!

I actually really liked Whiteley at CHF. Did more there than Mules up forward. Funny how her and Biddell looked all at sea the last couple of seasons and then they swap positions and look absolutely natural.

Newman must hold her spot next week, was great. Najwa Allen had her best game of the year and the usual suspects were all very good (Woodland aside).

Should have won by 6 goals really.
I was about to post HTB was well interpreted, much better than the dropping the ball and throws not paid in the men's game.

If you have a chance to dispose of it, don't and are then tackled without a correct disposal, HTB.

I was about to post HTB was well interpreted, much better than the dropping the ball and throws not paid in the men's game.

If you have a chance to dispose of it, don't and are then tackled without a correct disposal, HTB.

That was the problem though, plenty of those situations went unrewarded, while players with absolutely no prior opportunity got pinged, or fell victim to the "diving on it" rule when they did no such thing.

That was the problem though, plenty of those situations went unrewarded, while players with absolutely no prior opportunity got pinged, or fell victim to the "diving on it" rule when they did no such thing.
I watched about 3/4 of the game, and yes there were a few poor ones (I think we got the tub of the green TBH), but generally it was a LOT better than what we see in the men's comp, where you would be lucky to see one or two HTB decisions for the whole game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back