U18 Champs Round 4 - Vic Country vs SA

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on the game: Won't be mentioning the under-agers here, it's pointless from a draft perspective.

First Quarter: Mead impressed me the most on the inside.....Dow is super clean & creative.....Young, Ash, Day & Gould doing as they please out of defence; 4 quality half backs there....Schoenberg has to be the find of the champs, without a doubt. He doesn't know how not to find the ball.....Stephens has electric pace....Comben is a good skilled ruckman.....

Vic Country smalls are all tough little buggers. Not convinced that any of em are Top 12 material though.

Second Quarter:
Taheny can't buy a possie....Must be injured.....Mead is a first rounder without a doubt....Flanders finding plenty of it but burning the ball.....Schoenberg does not waste a possession; Sam Mitchell mark 2.....Freitag, Josh Smith & De Koning look likely rookie prospects to me. Something to work with there....Finlay is such a balanced key defender.

Rantall & Cahill having an impaact towards the end causing 3 goals between them to give Vic Country the edge at half time....The 4 half-backs previously mentioned are all still killing it.....Day is every bit as good as the other 3....Has a touch of the Dean Laidley's about him.

Third Quarter: Mead, Day, Stephens, Gould & Schoenberg are the clear S/A Guns....Mead is elite inside...Top 10 pick.....Schoenberg is a first rounder. Reads the game better than anyone else & has both an inside & outside game....Me likey…. Carmody has something....Hilders' ball use & decision making is dodgy.....McEntee just lit it up then, need to re-asses there....Super quick & clean.

Baldi has been good & added run this quarter....Flanders strength inside is phenomenal.....Breaks tackles at will & has incredible agility....Just don't ask him to kick it though....Brad Sewell mark 2.

Far more impressed with Findlay in open play than Hilder.....Far better balanced both physically & mentally by his ball use & composure....200 game defender this lad.

Kemp starting to exert an influence, but Schoenberg is clearly B.O.G to this point. Serong also getting busy.

Fourth Quarter:
Taheny playing with zero confidence. Probably shouldn't be out there truth be told..Weighman just capitalised on a rare error by Schoenberg, who was too casual....He's a good opportunist forward/finisher.

Dow has no left foot....Flanders has the same build as Leigh Matthews, but plays like Petracca. Just not elite by foot. Killer inside game though.

Wareham has stepped up this quarter....Gould 3 bounces & a goal from 50 meters....Has a man's build against boys....Kemp & Serong, 2 huge pack marks.

Ash & Kemp combine to step-up when it counts....Game over.

I’m sorry but I’m reviewing all the posts over the last 4 months - this I like the most. It’s a fantastic first thought commentary and is really awesome.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m sorry but I’m reviewing all the posts over the last 4 months - this I like the most. It’s a fantastic first thought commentary and is really awesome.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cheers for that...Kind of you to say so.

The old dictum of 'The eyes have it'.

Cheers for that...Kind of you to say so.

The old dictum of 'The eyes have it'.

Gould has impressed me in every bit I have seen.
I get he's built large for a kid his age, but he just seems to football really well. He goes to the right spots and does the right things...and has a killer boot...would be very happy with him at 5 or 6 tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back