U18 Champs Round 4 - Vic Metro vs Allies

Ravenhawke

Debutant
Jun 3, 2018
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ima just throw it out there but I think McAsey wins VM's MVP award for this champs. Rowell has been great also and the only other real possibility for the award.

I just think they would have been absolutely smashed in every single game without McAsey making him their clear most valuable player.

Ravenhawke

Debutant
Jun 3, 2018
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Worrell has been basically unsighted in this game as well. With so many "top" prospects in this side they clearly play individual footy and have zero f@cks to give in terms of playing for one another 🙄

You’re getting a bargain for Maginess.

If he doesn’t get bid on before your first rounder you’ll pay for a first round talent with a 2nd and 3rd. Wish he was ports f/s. Wanna swap for mead?

I'd prefer a beer

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
Maginness has been a top 10 pick all Championships. I’ll argue with anyone who says otherwise. Don’t know why people are persisting with him in the teens and twenties.

He’d be my Vic Metro MVP.

Maginness has been a top 10 pick all Championships. I’ll argue with anyone who says otherwise. Don’t know why people are persisting with him in the teens and twenties.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I think he started the year in the shadow of Anderson and Rowell.

I watched Maginess in the nab league and liked him a lot from a physical standpoint and what he looked capable of but wanted him to show more and he’s done that these champs.

Some of those contested ball pickups and breakaways and disposals were top notch.

Dede

Senior List
May 10, 2019
Sandy
AFL Club
St Kilda
They’re not doing Byrnes any favours today

Hasn’t had much time on ball and I don’t rate him when he’s outside

Had a poor game last week

I've said it for a while green is the best player in this draft a cripps type who can at his height play big mins forward..

Gws have smashed the past 2 drafts hately Caldwell now green

Last edited:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
lovely sunny day in Geelong, over 100 recruiters in attendance it seemed

VM V Allies was a fumbly game with little pressure from either team, which should have allowed for skills to shine through and early for the Allies it did with Gulden, Oea and Rosas putting on a show scoring some clever over the top goals using the 3 players pace to go on leads then head back towards goal in open space where the team mate would handball or kick over the top allowing them to run into open goals, all 3 played their part, but Rosas probably came out of that tactic looking the better(it netted them 5 goals and a big reason they won).

Green was a monster in the middle, playing a similar role as Oliver(Melb) does, just breaking open midfield contests, he also kicked a goal and was one of the best if not BOG

some other Allies to show something were Peatling, he has physically filled out and grown since the last Champs and is a serious draft chance for GWS imo, Parks had another solid game in defence, he is reliable and a good size, Jungfer tried hard and was good, but he doesnt have AFL traits and O'Neill had an ok game, not his best but he did just enough to get a mention, Gore is a goal scoring talent and GCS (kicking 3) even with only a few chances he capitalised on his opportunities.

as for VM, they fought back again in the last quarter only to lose, thats the story of 3 of the 4 games, lost the game by 3/4 time only to make a comeback that falls short, this time by 2 points, Rowell was the best for VM, just edged out by Green as BOG, Maginness and Anderson had a big second half helping create momentum and opportunities for the comeback, Mahony, Bianco and McAsey again had a good influence, but if they had of had more of an influence then VM win, Bergman was entertaining, going for hangars, taking on opponents and Stapleton had some good bursts of form, but seemed to be heavily rotated?, Will Phillips a 2020 prospect also looked very comfortable out there, i thought Dylan Williams was going to have a big day, took some big marks but kicked a bunch of points, at one stage early in the game i thought he might prove me wrong and kick a haul, then he disappointed again and again and again, Rosas mostly made Butler look bad, got beaten for speed, Lewis was messy with disposal, Jeka can take a mark, but cant kick a goal to save his life, missed a game winning chance also, Worrell was quiet, Byrnes was ok.

Ben Kelly in the ruck helped, he got into Bryans head imo

best imo:
1. Green - Allies - too strong in the contest and broke the game open in the last half for the Allies
2. Rowell - VM - Mr Consistancy, always buzzing around and through packs, feeding runners getting the ball going forward
3. Maginness - VM - played some really good tough inside football, good clearances, some wayward kicking at times
4. Anderson - VM - ran hard and got involved moreso in the 2nd half
5. Gulden - Allies - he was one of the 3 Amigos in the forward line, who scored at will in the first half and kept pumping it forw, finished with 2 goals as well
6. Rosas - Allies - provided electric speed and ran Butler off his legs, kicked 2 goals and if they didnt fumble could have had more
7. Oea - Allies - their forward play destroyed VM defence, quick, skillful, runners, created some high quality play that wouldnt be out of place in the AFL
8. Mahony - VM - did well early went forward late and finished with 3 goals, was good in the comeback
9. Bianco - VM - talented half back that toughed it out and counter-attacked on a bunch of occassions
10. O'Neill - Allies - got involved in bursts, but not on of his better games, still has good skills and so stands out for the Allies

on my way home heard some recruiters talking about Rosas, seems some of them liked what they saw.

Last edited:
Back