U18 Champs Round 4 - Vic Metro vs SA

Remove this Banner Ad

Naish had a quiet game but still had 5 inside 50s and 4 tackles. It's not a bad thing for the Tigers that he didn't stand out. He should slip out of the top 20 now.

Naish had a quiet game but still had 5 inside 50s and 4 tackles. It's not a bad thing for the Tigers that he didn't stand out. He should slip out of the top 20 now.
One more game to go against the least talented team in the Carnival.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't managed to catch the game yet but extremely disappointing effort by SA. They are better than that but clear talent from VM was fantastic. Some super, super kids in that group.

SA (top agers):
Harrison Petty- Down back another great performance off the back of the Allies game last weekend. A real general back there. Probably best on today for SA. Intercept and pack marks, tick and tick. Went forward in last quarter too.
Alex Martini- For mine didn't stop working all day, kept running and running. Up against a tough mid line up from Metro, I felt he did well enough. A real pressure act player. Courageous Player.
Nathan Kreuger (mentioned him above) - Great first game. Marking was fantastic especially his contested stuff. A left footer too. Second efforts were tops. Real promise- looking forward to seeing his Vic Country game.
Stefan Giro- Ball magnet but not sure about his effectiveness another 20 plus game but some are very cheap possessions with not much purpose. Finds the ball no question.
Jackson Edwards- Found the ball again today, Nick Dal Santo said he had some Simon Black about him. Obviously a lock for the crows come draft time under father-son but none the less a solid midfielder in this draft pool.
Mitch Crowden- Some turns and spins today to show his ability at a small 175cm midfield. Big boy and barrels into packs hard. Left peg is effective too.
Bryce Denham (ruckman nu 2)- Did some things today to help his draft chances in the ruck stocks. Matched up well on Hayes at times. Only 194cm though.

Metro (top agers):
Cam Rayner- Well probably best performed player out of the two games today. LDU vs Rayner for pick 1 this year and I think this game he could possibly be favourite now. Tackles to kill that guy, beast. Looked superb up forward. Larke Medal probably his now.
Jayden Stephenson - Welcome to the championship big fella. Back at his best this afternoon. Cut SA up through the middle of the ground. A goal kicking forward if Ive ever seen one. Break through game and would assume to see most phantoms have him well inside the Top 10 now. Big game player.
Sam Hayes- Probably won the ruck/key forward dual today against the highly touted CCJ. Will be the first big man taking I believe now.
Will Sutherland- Went through the mid today. I was hoping to see him really dominate up forward- still waiting?? The hype around him is too much.
Jack Higgins- Dangerous game as small forward. Got a fair a bit of the ball in the first half. Finished with almost 30 touches I believe.
Charlie Constable- 20 plus for him today. Pencil him for first round in the draft. 190cm mid.
Tristan Xerri- More forward today looked agile at times. Did go through the ruck and won some HO. His size at 200cm is great and appealing for clubs. Ruck work can come potentially for him.

Ps
Izak Rankine is a freak. Look out 2018. Rozee and Lukosius right on heels for pick 1 of 2018.

Nice report mate cheers. Giro is an interesting one - he certainly can win his own ball, only last week had 37 touches 24 contested with 18 clearances in an Under 18 game when SA had the bye. Slight frame but real true reader of the where to run to receive as well as being able to find it himself. He just doesn't hurt enough probably overall which will be his biggest knock.

Rankine freak yep. Loved him for over a year now and can do some darn arrogant things. Sometimes tries too much but wen he gets a bit more power look out. Has major silk factor.

Kreuger is going to be a good footballer, just a pure natural talent with such good hands, they don't grow on trees.

Nice report mate cheers. Giro is an interesting one - he certainly can win his own ball, only last week had 37 touches 24 contested with 18 clearances in an Under 18 game when SA had the bye. Slight frame but real true reader of the where to run to receive as well as being able to find it himself. He just doesn't hurt enough probably overall which will be his biggest knock.

Rankine freak yep. Loved him for over a year now and can do some darn arrogant things. Sometimes tries too much but wen he gets a bit more power look out. Has major silk factor.

Kreuger is going to be a good footballer, just a pure natural talent with such good hands, they don't grow on trees.

Giro is definitely an interesting one. In the same situation as Caleb Daniel, you can't argue with bulk numbers. Not with the height as Giro's got 6-7cm on Caleb but more in the sense of his ball wining ability. As you said the biggest weakness/knock is he doesnt hurt enough and he does get a few cheap possession here and there. Im looking forward to the back half of the SANFL season, hopefully he does more damage in reserves a solid 25-30 possession game with impact and meters gained would be great for mine. His ranking currently at the moment with me is around 30-40 (few other phantoms have him there abouts) from champs and start of the season alone, so he is around the mark rankings wise is suppose.

Kreuger and Petty I'm super keen to see them hold form vs Country tomorrow. I think if Petty holds his form, he could be first KPP defender taken in the draft and Kreuger if he did what he did vs Metro, could potentially be the KPP bolter of the draft. 196cm, Left foot, KPP Forwards are hard to come by, as you said Natural talent too. Fingers crossed for those two!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back