Review Round 4 vs Carlton @ Metricon Stadium (10.04.21 - 7:25pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Goldcoast-vs-Carlton.png

2021 AFL Season
Round 4
Gold Coast FC vs Carlton Blues
Metricon Stadium, Nerang, Queensland
April 10th 2021 - 7:25pm Australian Eastern Standard Time

yeah...just...yeah...​

Out: Brodie, Witts
In: Corbett, Flanders

Maybe swap Holman and Ainsworth, although Holman as the super sub just works.

Also, to whip a dead horse even further into the ground, Bowes up the field. I just don’t know who we have we can bring into the defence though.

Leave Burgess in the ruck. Bring in Corbett up forward.
We are in enormous trouble if Burgess becomes our main ruckman. I think we have one other option that's Murtagh.

Could Dewy take a chance on a guy like Murtagh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Brodie, Witts
In: Corbett, Flanders

Maybe swap Holman and Ainsworth, although Holman as the super sub just works.

Also, to whip a dead horse even further into the ground, Bowes up the field. I just don’t know who we have we can bring into the defence though.
Atkins, Murdoch, Burgess, Hombsch any of these blokes can surely man up

Move Bowes mids, get Swallow out of there

We are in enormous trouble if Burgess becomes our main ruckman. I think we have one other option that's Murtagh.

Could Dewy take a chance on a guy like Murtagh?
Think they would try Graham or Hombsch before it came to that, poor list management , surely with 49 places they could of selected another ruck. This is what happens when you select lottery tickets instead of footballers and get injuries

Just an idea and I’m sure the people that know so much more than the public school Rugby League bloke knows will tell me how wrong I am (despite my playing two seasons of South NSW/North Vic First Grade AFL), however here goes....
How about we address our ruck issues till Witts is back by getting
1-Greenwood to ruck in the middle Third
2-Play Graham instead of Witts and he rucks in the defensive third AND
3-my man Burgo rucks in the attacking third

Just an idea and I’m sure the people that know so much more than the public school Rugby League bloke knows will tell me how wrong I am (despite my playing two seasons of South NSW/North Vic First Grade AFL), however here goes....
How about we address our ruck issues till Witts is back by getting
1-Greenwood to ruck in the middle Third
2-Play Graham instead of Witts and he rucks in the defensive third AND
3-my man Burgo rucks in the attacking third
I like the idea a lot except Graham would be smashed in the ruck. Could you imagine someone like Grundy or Gawn smashing in to him. Would rip him to shreds.
Burgo is best in the ruck at centre bounces imo, he gets up high and hits the ground and gets moving as quickly as the midfielders.

Does a team need to win the hit outs?
Teams have won games while losing the hit out count. It's not easy but it can be done.

Carlton's main ruckman (Pittonet) isn't the tallest at 202cm so Graham at 195cm may have a chance considering his vertical leap is impressive. Basically we need all our other mids to play really well to have chance because we know we're going to lose the hit outs.

Pittonet also got smashed 51-21 by Grundy in the hit outs last week so it's not as if he's in amazing form or anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back