Review Round 4 vs Carlton @ Metricon Stadium (10.04.21 - 7:25pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Supersuns sort this bloke out ;) Just ribbing SS's No offence to the rest of the board :)

As for the game itself? .... Its going to be a lot more competitive than people think. Carlton have shed loads to prove and the GCS have heaps of talent on the list.

I think it will be a high scoring game .... The ruck issues you guys have? Dew should just instruct the midfielders to rove off Pitto's ruckwork, you just need a guy to keep him honest in there, not necessarily "win" the hitouts.
Ban him Big Red Machine 😉

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Agreed, I think King, Corbett and Burgess should play, with Graham and Burgess splitting the ruck duty.

Another consideration is if Harry Mackay looks like he's going to kick a bag, then Graham could go back and Burgess becomes the #1 ruck.

But moving fwd, if Graham becomes a capable ruck option in defence, then we can rest Witts fwd which is super dangerous

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think Big Harry is gonna kick a bag either way. He had 12 scores last week, Carlton are gonna pump it long to him so just need someone to contest.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Oh I forgot that they now have the Ingrate Bedwetter. We gotta find a way to win this.
Bods: It's a Mini Grand Final

Also Bods: Oh a "bedwetter" is playing? The stakes have never been higher

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Jobe Watson tipped us on Channel 7's post-game coverage tonight. Seems to be a lot of media members that believe we can do a job on the Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KnaveyBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2003
57 Mt. Pleasant Street
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
This is a real danger game, and I wouldn't be shocked if the lack of ruckman works in the Suns favour.

Pittonett plays small for a ruck; no leap, poor overhead, not terribly agile. Burgess/Graham should fare quite well. He's very good body-on-body though, which in turn makes him good at grabbing it out of the ruck and slamming it on the boot. Suns will have to be wary of Casboult doing the same thing up forward - often does it against seasoned ruckmen and gets cheap goals.

I reckon you guys will have the advantage around the ground and at centre bounces, whilst we should get the best of it from boundary throw ins. If I had to choose, the former looks preferable.

Anderson is now so good we'll have to send Curnow to him. Plowman should hopefully cover Rankine, Cottrell will get the next crack if he fails.

NFI what to do about Luko though, not sure a match up for him even exists in the AFL. Maybe Nik Cox from Essendon in a few years' time.

On paper I think we should win, but I'm expecting Suns to get up.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This is a real danger game, and I wouldn't be shocked if the lack of ruckman works in the Suns favour.

Pittonett plays small for a ruck; no leap, poor overhead, not terribly agile. Burgess/Graham should fare quite well. He's very good body-on-body though, which in turn makes him good at grabbing it out of the ruck and slamming it on the boot. Suns will have to be wary of Casboult doing the same thing up forward - often does it against seasoned ruckmen and gets cheap goals.

I reckon you guys will have the advantage around the ground and at centre bounces, whilst we should get the best of it from boundary throw ins. If I had to choose, the former looks preferable.

Anderson is now so good we'll have to send Curnow to him. Plowman should hopefully cover Rankine, Cottrell will get the next crack if he fails.

NFI what to do about Luko though, not sure a match up for him even exists in the AFL. Maybe Nik Cox from Essendon in a few years' time.

On paper I think we should win, but I'm expecting Suns to get up.
I think, you're right. It's a danger game. It's a danger game for SUNS :cool:

On the paper SUNS should win. Way more talent over the park. The only question mark is the ruck situation. Considering that Pittonet is average I go with SUNS.

SUNS should be re-charged after 8 days break following a tough schedule (two 6 days breaks, 2 away games including Perth). They are also smarting from a tough loss against Crows and have their backs against the wall. You better bring higher intensity as it should be on from the beginning. A lot of ground balls in dewy conditions.

As for Carlton team, the obvious danger is McKay. Looking forward to see how SUNS defense will deal with him. I also like this year Walsh who elevated his game in midfield but his disposal is still ordinary at times. Jones in defense is great too. Weitering is solid. Williams does not look to me like a full time midfielder, struggles there with a tank. Saad is overrated. Sometimes even he does not know what he is doing. Markov already appears to be more useful than Saad. The wings, Ellis and Luko should be superior over Carlton counterparts. Murphy and Betts are past expire date. E Curnow is fast approaching expire date. Dow, what can I say, a wasted pick. Carlton people go crazy about JSOS. He is just a honest foot soldier, similar to Gibbons, Cottrell. Cripps had a decent game against terrible Freo after below average first 2 rounds. Cripps still can't hit the barn and defend. Will his body held up? I would be seriously worried about giving him a 5 year contract. Casboult plays on one leg. I can't understand why Carlton fans believe that McGovern will be a savior. He got to be one of the worst trades and delivered virtually nothing for Carlton in his 2 years.

That felt good. 90% of Carlton fans annoy me with their continuous unfounded optimism and lack of respect for other teams. I was also disappointed by quality of Carlton vs Freo game and had to turn it off at HT. It was a dog's breakfast.

That all being said, Carlton still may win it if SUNS don't deliver the work rate/pressure, don't take their opportunities and don't mitigate ruck disadvantage.

Enjoy the game.

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

On the paper SUNS should win. Way more talent over the park. The only question mark is the ruck situation. Considering that Pittonet is average I go with SUNS.

SUNS should be re-charged after 8 days break following a tough schedule (two 6 days breaks, 2 away games including Perth). They are also smarting from a tough loss against Crows and have their backs against the wall. You better bring higher intensity as it should be on from the beginning. A lot of ground balls in dewy conditions.

As for Carlton team, the obvious danger is McKay. Looking forward to see how SUNS defense will deal with him. I also like this year Walsh who elevated his game in midfield but his disposal is still ordinary at times. Jones in defense is great too. Weitering is solid. Williams does not look to me like a full time midfielder, struggles there with a tank. Saad is overrated. Sometimes even he does not know what he is doing. Markov already appears to be more useful than Saad. The wings, Ellis and Luko should be superior over Carlton counterparts. Murphy and Betts are past expire date. E Curnow is fast approaching expire date. Dow, what can I say, a wasted pick. Carlton people go crazy about JSOS. He is just a honest foot soldier, similar to Gibbons, Cottrell. Cripps had a decent game against terrible Freo after below average first 2 rounds. Cripps still can't hit the barn and defend. Will his body held up? I would be seriously worried about giving him a 5 year contract. Casboult plays on one leg. I can't understand why Carlton fans believe that McGovern will be a savior. He got to be one of the worst trades and delivered virtually nothing for Carlton in his 2 years.

That felt good. 90% of Carlton fans annoy me with their continuous unfounded optimism and lack of respect for other teams. I was also disappointed by quality of Carlton vs Freo game and had to turn it off at HT. It was a dog's breakfast.

That all being said, Carlton still may win it if SUNS don't deliver the work rate/pressure, don't take their opportunities and don't mitigate ruck disadvantage.

Enjoy the game.

You’re too confident.. 8 days break doesn’t mean much we’ve seen at the suns

Also saturday night game on ch7 we usually lose those would love to see the percentage on that

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You’re too confident.. 8 days break doesn’t mean much we’ve seen at the suns

Also saturday night game on ch7 we usually lose those would love to see the percentage on that
So you now predict games based on ch7? A good one, haha. I watched Blues this year and I am far from impressed. Yes, some doubts about SUNS players stepping up. So many players struggled against Crows yet we were in it until the end and should win it comfortably if we took our opportunities. So you tip Blues?

I can live with a loss if I see that we were beaten by a better team and players left everything on the field.

Last edited:

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I like how you only stopped disrespecting our team long enough to complain that Carlton fans don't show other teams any respect.

10/10, would gladly be trolled again!
No disrespect or trolling, just my honest opinion on Carlton team since you expressed your views on our team on our thread. I watch every Carlton game. BTW, I don't think you belong to 90%. Maybe I should lower 90% to 80%.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Good energy

Enjoy the game.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Good energy

Yeah, I went to Carlton game thread. Looking for some analysis of the game, match ups. Instead half people argue about Murphy and Betts. Are they past of it or not. The other half argue about Casboult vs McGovern.

There seems to be only one guy there who knows what he talks about and he lives on GC and goes to our games.

Carlton plays again this year one of the oldest line-ups similar to last year. Most of these young future stars don't deliver (Dow) or are in VFL (Setterfield, LOB, Stocker) or injured. Yet, there are several years ahead of us and it's 4 points in the bag.

Watermelon Sugar

Cancelled
Oct 25, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It will be my first time attending a match at Metricon, what is the best way to get there and where is the best place to park if I go by car?

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So you now predict games based on ch7? A good one, haha. I watched Blues this year and I am far from impressed. Yes, some doubts about SUNS players stepping up. So many players struggled against Crows yet we were in it until the end and should win it comfortably if we took our opportunities. So you tip Blues?

I can live with a loss if I see that we were beaten by a better team and players left everything on the field.

I never predicted anything I just said that we usually lose Saturday night games on ch7..

I will take your predicted win because 8 day break v 6 day but your losing excuse travel to wa and Adelaide 🤣🤣

Back