Review Round 4 vs Carlton @ Metricon Stadium (10.04.21 - 7:25pm)

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Did you break out the BBQ?

did you get the family over?

obviously you had the family over for such a big event.

we lost by 2 goals without a ruck. Everyone needs to chill the fu** out.
Thank christ there's someone left with some sense

Take it from here Flashy

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No you're right, a very honorable loss. Maybe after we get x y and z players back, and a top 5 draft pick, then maybe next year we might start winning these types of games.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

10 years of excuses.. need to think of new ones for next year to celebrate 11 years of bottom 4 on the ladder maybe we can get a sponsorship from Bailey ladders for holding the ladder up for so long

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR

The lack of ruck had no bearing, can’t blame us for being a bit edgy about this one.. every year all the promises, yet to see why

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
another brain fade by Bowes on the goal line

another critical goal leaked

do the handball ffs
That happened right in front of me, and he had two suns with him that should’ve protected him but didn’t. We are a pathetic excuse for a football team gutless, lazy and poorly skilled next week we’ve got the dogs and we will be one and four disgraceful

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
That happened right in front of me, and he had two suns with him that should’ve protected him but didn’t. We are a pathetic excuse for a football team gutless, lazy and poorly skilled next week we’ve got the dogs and we will be one and four disgraceful
Look at the replay and see how far away McKay was from the free kick.
4 other Carlton players between him and as a lefty he takes it. Poor umpiring

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Staying in bottom for 10 years is fact, you can keep lying to yourself, that won't change anything , either the whole club change or it will be the same same all over again . Rankine, Lukosius and Mclennan might request to go back to Adelaide next year.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Anyone else getting to the point of losing interest in football altogether? 10 years of excuses and Groundhog Day has worn me down to the point that it’s just not fun anymore
Its painful but im still going to be there supporting them week in week out. Giving up seems much more gutless and that's not what I want out of the clubs or supporters

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Its painful but im still going to be there supporting them week in week out. Giving up seems much more gutless and that's not what I want out of the clubs or supporters
Just to be clear I didn’t say I had given up, just that I am losing interest having been worn down by 10 years of empty promises. If you see that as gutless then so be it you have a right to your opinion

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Just to be clear I didn’t say I had given up, just that I am losing interest having been worn down by 10 years of empty promises. If you see that as gutless then so be it you have a right to your opinion
Not having a go mate, I apologise if that's what it came across as. I rate you as a poster here and have enjoyed what you've had to say for years. But I understand how hard it is to keep going but we just have to. Carlton have been rubbish for 20 odd years and they still have plenty of supporters. We just have to keep on keeping on

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Slightly related my usual feeling is, if the Suns lose early in the weekend I usually lose all interest in watching the neutral games for the rest of the round.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Anyone else getting to the point of losing interest in football altogether? 10 years of excuses and Groundhog Day has worn me down to the point that it’s just not fun anymore
Yes.
The coaching tonight also deserves special attention. Not playing a hard running decent sized leading forward with decent hands (Corbett) was beyond belief. The ball was constantly bombed forward to Carltons Jones or on top of the heads undersized forwards like Sexton Ainsworth and Rankie.
Blind Freedy could see this coming and numerous posters here called it.
I'm very concerned with Dew.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes.
The coaching tonight also deserves special attention. Not playing a hard running decent sized leading forward with decent hands (Corbett) was beyond belief. The ball was constantly bombed forward to Carltons Jones or on top of the heads undersized forwards like Sexton Ainsworth and Rankie.
Blind Freedy could see this coming and numerous posters here called it.
I'm very concerned with Dew.

When is Dew contracted until?

Back