Review Round 4 vs Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Bods

Premiership Player
Suspended
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The Carlton Meltdown Board is so rich in content it simply cannot be consumed.
Sure it sucks going for “the worst list in the history of the VFL/AFL” but on the other hand the enjoyment of the saltiness of the opposition when we get a win sure is a special privilege for us and our Club.

Camsta

Senior List
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Lucky to win that - but I’ll take it! Just grateful Carlton we’re as useless as us at times.

Losing Powell will hurt more than we think - kids a weapon when he’s on his game.

Any idea how long Weller is out for?

Young_Guns

Club Legend
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Seeing a bit of love on twitter from some of the ‘big name’ Melbourne journos. Just went from ‘who’ to ‘about to be a star’ with one kick.

The Carlton Meltdown Board is so rich in content it simply cannot be consumed.
Sure it sucks going for “the worst list in the history of the VFL/AFL” but on the other hand the enjoyment of the saltiness of the opposition when we get a win sure is a special privilege for us and our Club.
Their list is that much better than ours, I don’t know how we even got close. (According to what I’ve read over there)

3rd week in a row we’ve heard stuff like that, yet here we are sitting 3-1.

Cochblocked

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What did you think of the stadium CB? Great little spot to watch the footy IMO. Very close to the action.
I was very impressed I thought the around the ground stuff was excellent. Maybe you don’t see that as much in Melbourne because there’s so many teams to cater to but it was done excellently. Loved how close you felt to action. One thing I did notice is a lot of people arrived late. Don’t really see that in Victoria although there were a lot more families.

Only complaint was the big screen was about 5 seconds slow not sure it its always like that but it made it pretty useless. Lots of Carlton fans there but I guess it’s school holidays. Hopefully now we’ve won 3 in a row more people come and take out the opposition noise

Billy ray

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeh the delay on the big screen was annoying. Wasnt like that previously. Seem to be the fox feed but not direct (ie instantaneous) from the OB van but from the telecast perhaps.

Also getting in was painful. Need clear signs that express lines are for those with no bags and on the other lines they need more staff to do their ‘cursory/make us feel safe from terrorists’ bag checks

Mr Bods

Premiership Player
Suspended
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeh the delay on the big screen was annoying. Wasnt like that previously. Seem to be the fox feed but not direct (ie instantaneous) from the OB van but from the telecast perhaps.

Also getting in was painful. Need clear signs that express lines are for those with no bags and on the other lines they need more staff to do their ‘cursory/make us feel safe from terrorists’ bag checks
I’ve noticed this season that the same thing is happening at Beautiful CBUS too with the screen.
Very noticeable compared to previous years.

gcsunsfc

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Seeing a bit of love on twitter from some of the ‘big name’ Melbourne journos. Just went from ‘who’ to ‘about to be a star’ with one kick.

Their list is that much better than ours, I don’t know how we even got close. (According to what I’ve read over there)

Commentators all calling him Bowes (cows) last week

Same with Sexton, they'll jump on the bandwagon pretty quick

Cochblocked

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I’m happy it’s a one off. It’s a great unique feature having a screen so big

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gcsunsfc

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

To be fair they have more high pedigree and talented guys.

1 - Walsh, Weitering, Murphy
3 - Dow
6 - SPS
10 - O'Brien, Mackay
12 - Curnow
13 - Cripps

9 first round picks compared with our 4 (Swallow, Lukosius, Ainsworth, Bowes)

Young_Guns

Club Legend
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders

3 - Dow
6 - SPS
10 - O'Brien, Mackay
12 - Curnow
13 - Cripps

Fair enough. They have been down near the bottom as long as we have I guess, just without losing so many to the go-home factor. A bit of underperforming talent in there though, and as our boys showed, talent only gets you so far.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

3 - Dow
6 - SPS
10 - O'Brien, Mackay
12 - Curnow
13 - Cripps

Settlefield pick 5 ,Thomas pick 2 ,plowman pick 3,marchbank pick 6.

Suns of Anarchy

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
LA Rams, Philadelphia 76's, Brewers
To be fair on 2MP the delivery bordered on atrocious today.
What's up with his kicking this year?
As a 19 year old he kicked 28.10 and was bombing them from everywhere. Looks so much more tentative this year. 3.5 and a few on the full this year and all gettable too for him. Confidence?

GC2015

All Australian
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You just can't count this group out until the final siren. Three times this year we've behind going into the fourth quarter and somehow we found a way to snatch the lead back in all three games. It's unbelievably nerve-wracking to watch!

eppo67

Club Legend
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In case you are wondering I was given a day off by a VFL Mod for daring to say Captain Bedwetter has it better now he’s at Richmond with the Umpires.
Yes Then ironically today we get absolutely cheated on for four quarters by Baldy the biggest cheat of the lot because it’s precious Carlton and yet we still win. Massive sucked in to the VFL establishment. McLachlan needs to do something, it’s like the VFL wants us to fail. Evans, Cochrane and Dew must speak up. Our lads are tired having to win each week in such a hard way. It also makes you question renewing memberships if the cheating is so obvious. Carlton way of playing is dirty too. That Setterfield incident was disgraceful. Despicable stuff Carlton. Anyway it’s Scotch time brothers and sisters....Ha Ha Ha. What a trip. Enjoy enjoy enjoy, it wasn’t pretty but when you are a GC sports fan you party party hard. Shout out to Shane, he got the game ball. Very good choice. Glorious weekend in the Beautiful City of ours. I wish Baldy, Setterfield, Carlton and the Umpires a lovely flight back to Melbourne together. Bye Bye. Off you go.
I love you Bods

Top Bottom