Review Round 4 vs Carlton

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
This freaking team. Sending an open invitation to my funeral in 5 years when my heart kicks it at 30.

3 character building wins in a row. In past years we wouldve been 1-3 with 2 'honourable losses'. This team is finally starting to learn how to win. Huge for the development of these players and the club.

YOU BEAUTY!

WORST TEAM OF ALL TIME WORST 3-1 TEAM OF ALL TIME!

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Go check the Carlton post game thread if you want a laugh.

We appear to be having somewhat of a meltdown.
Had a quick look, your right was pretty funny but we have been in that situation before. The funniest was someone saying the AFL needs us to be good so we are favored heavily by the umpires this year. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story lol

GenYBlue

Seeking #17
May 31, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Had a quick look, your right was pretty funny but we have been in that situation before. The funniest was someone saying the AFL needs us to be good so we are favored heavily by the umpires this year. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story lol

So many delusional "supporters".
I'm all fine if someone has some constructive criticism, but conspiracy wack jobs?
Not a fan of their ilk.

The umpiring was awful, but Suns got the raw end of that too.
There was no trace of favouritism within its ineptitude.

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We also could be 0-4 without some match winning performances from Collins, Hombsch and Bowes
True. Could easily be 0-4. I was meaning to say that in a good way (well mostly). Not trying to attack Wright, just thought it would be worth mentioning we were potentially 1 kick away from only undefeated side in the comp. It would've been the first time the suns were on top of the ladder after any round.

ajsars

All Australian
Apr 7, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Great win. Collins has been massive for us. Burgess needs to stay down back and 2MP needs to be dropped as well as Luko. I think Sexton has started to believe his own hype.

Bowes was great in the last quarter. And as a team the desire to win was there and maybe we have learnt how to win these games whereas the Blues haven't.

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
GC going to extend Wright contract .
I actually like Wright and think he is probably one of the most key players the suns need to keep long-term, but atm I think he's making far too many silly mistakes compared to what he gives. Perhaps I shouldn't of singled him out, but I was only trying to emphasise just how close it was.

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I actually like Wright and is probably one of the most key players the suns need to keep long-term, but atm I think he's making far too many silly and mistakes compared to what he gives. Perhaps I shouldn't of singled him out, but I was only trying to emphasise just how close it was.
Just inexperienced , very different playing as first tall than second and third behind Lynch .

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
The big guys take time.
Peter is so huge.

It took Tomahawk until his 6th season to hit his stride.

He just needs to strengthen his core - gets pushed off the line or underneath the ball way too easily.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
well that was an experience. i won the match ball and was presented it by touk miller on the ground.
it was unreal watching the final minutes on the boundary. even more intense then i couldve imagined.

That was you!!!
Lucky sod
Did you ask Touk who he was kicking to in that last quarter ??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just inexperienced , very different playing as first tall than second and third behind Lynch .
But we've seen him play first tall (and at times only genuine key forward) quite a bit actually (with Lynch and Day being injury-ridden in recent seasons), and played a lot better. It's frustrating cause I've seen him play much better, and right now I'd say he's in the worse form of his career. I don't expect him to be dominating games or anything, just think he's gone backwards this year so far.

Nov 11, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Burgess looked 1000% better down back. He should stay down there with Corbett coming back in.

Don't forget that Chris was playing Amateur footy only a few seasons ago, then battled to make West Adelaide's SANFL team.

The good news is that I guarantee he'll keep improving as he adjusts to AFL football.

He can play both ends.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I actually like Wright and think he is probably one of the most key players the suns need to keep long-term, but atm I think he's making far too many silly mistakes compared to what he gives. Perhaps I shouldn't of singled him out, but I was only trying to emphasise just how close it was.
Wright needs Corbett beside him that will make a huge difference he will be like Collins up forward. Can't wait.
Go Suns. Did everything to lose the game but still won. That's you're Number 1 indication of team growth. Just awesome.

Back