Review Round 4 vs Carlton

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In case you are wondering I was given a day off by a VFL Mod for daring to say Captain Bedwetter has it better now he’s at Richmond with the Umpires.
Yes Then ironically today we get absolutely cheated on for four quarters by Baldy the biggest cheat of the lot because it’s precious Carlton and yet we still win. Massive sucked in to the VFL establishment. McLachlan needs to do something, it’s like the VFL wants us to fail. Evans, Cochrane and Dew must speak up. Our lads are tired having to win each week in such a hard way. It also makes you question renewing memberships if the cheating is so obvious. Carlton way of playing is dirty too. That Setterfield incident was disgraceful. Despicable stuff Carlton. Anyway it’s Scotch time brothers and sisters....Ha Ha Ha. What a trip. Enjoy enjoy enjoy, it wasn’t pretty but when you are a GC sports fan you party party hard. Shout out to Shane, he got the game ball. Very good choice. Glorious weekend in the Beautiful City of ours. I wish Baldy, Setterfield, Carlton and the Umpires a lovely flight back to Melbourne together. Bye Bye. Off you go.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Agree.

Corbett is a must ASAP to provide a 2nd lead up marking option.

But I think it will be a toss up between Scheer, Horlin-Smith-Smith & Brodie for Powell’s spot.

Scheer might be a better option out of the 3
Only because he can hit the scoreboard.
Where as GHS and Brodie pretty one dimensional

Last edited:
Geez. What a win. Again. My heart couldn't take it in those last 5 minutes, I had to leave the room and stop watching because I was so nervous.
That last minute even worse lol

But the boys deserved it. If they were more accurate and cleaner with the ball, would have won by more. It was gritty, scrappy and not the best game; but a win is a win.

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
In case you are wondering I was given a day off by a VFL Mod for daring to say Captain Bedwetter has it better now he’s at Richmond with the Umpires.
Yes Then ironically today we get absolutely cheated on for four quarters by Baldy the biggest cheat of the lot because it’s precious Carlton and yet we still win. Massive sucked in to the VFL establishment. McLachlan needs to do something, it’s like the VFL wants us to fail. Evans, Cochrane and Dew must speak up. Our lads are tired having to win each week in such a hard way. It also makes you question renewing memberships if the cheating is so obvious. Carlton way of playing is dirty too. That Setterfield incident was disgraceful. Despicable stuff Carlton. Anyway it’s Scotch time brothers and sisters....Ha Ha Ha. What a trip. Enjoy enjoy enjoy, it wasn’t pretty but when you are a GC sports fan you party party hard. Shout out to Shane, he got the game ball. Very good choice. Glorious weekend in the Beautiful City of ours. I wish Baldy, Setterfield, Carlton and the Umpires a lovely flight back to Melbourne together. Bye Bye. Off you go.
I always enjoy your posts. Sometimes I agree with them, sometimes I don't. But this place isn't the same when you're not a part of it. For what it's worth I love and agree with the above post very much.
Scotch on my brothers.

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm just stoked right now in a way that only sport can deliver... and only very rarely at that... I remember Ian Thorpe as a 17 year old coming (poor choice of words, i know) over the top of Grant Hackett for Gold in a 400m and steve Waugh cutting a ball to the fence to get his hundred on the last ball of the day at yhe SCG when everyone was calling for his head.. there is obviously half dozen others but that feeling when Bowes snapped that goal was right up there and is why I love sport so much...
And it's a big call but if Brett Holman gets dropped that once in a four years or so type feeling never happens... You can't just drop players based on one bad game on a stats sheet...

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
setterfield's samboys couldn't sling his team to victory.

what a ******* finish!!!! who is this team?! gotta love close wins, this is what footy is all about, but bloody hell felt like my heart was about to leap out of my mouth in the last 5 minutes.

side note, how great has bowes been this season. solid first 3 weeks against formidable opponents in steven, fyfe and bont, locked down cripps in the first half and played a vital role up forward and kicked the sealer. dew is 100% right when on AFL 360 he said he'll captain this club, the way he spoke in the post match interview he's just all class.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Nothing much to said . Cheers .

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
6626DDA5-2F0C-400D-AEF8-E0B32707B320.jpeg

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
2MP has been okay. I think the only thing that he has been down in this year has been his finishing for goal. Sometimes he clunks the marks and other times he doesn't - that's okay, it's a learning thing. Realistically this is his first year of being the number one target (and playing relief ruck) every single game. That's an incredible amount to ask of him. It will take him some time (maybe all year) to get used to that, just like it did for Lynch.

Agree that once Corbett comes back in along side him it will help take the pressure off. Hopefully he ran the game out well today. Could really use him up forward to drop Burgess back.

I wouldn't drop Luko yet. The sort of game we play doesn't really bring him into it. I would really like to give him a run on the wing in place of Powell just to see how he goes.

Bazza37

Club Legend
Feb 10, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Suns just keep finding ways to win.
lucky to win that one IMO
Umpiring again abysmal.
Ball use awful
Let Luko get some confidence in the twos.
Maybe its time to rest slow and clumsy 2MP.
3-1 6th can't complain.
GO DA SUNS !!!!!!

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Wright and Lukosius need to spend some time in Reserve Grade too I need to say.
Wright just lumbers around without passion and Lukosius needs to regain his confidence in the neafl while continuing to play against men.
I don’t know who to bring in other than the obvious in Weller but I don’t care, those two need to be in the Reserves, they are a liability.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I actually like Wright and think he is probably one of the most key players the suns need to keep long-term, but atm I think he's making far too many silly mistakes compared to what he gives. Perhaps I shouldn't of singled him out, but I was only trying to emphasise just how close it was.
To be fair on 2MP the delivery bordered on atrocious today.

Back