Review Round 4 vs Carlton

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In case you are wondering I was given a day off by a VFL Mod for daring to say Captain Bedwetter has it better now he’s at Richmond with the Umpires.
Yes Then ironically today we get absolutely cheated on for four quarters by Baldy the biggest cheat of the lot because it’s precious Carlton and yet we still win. Massive sucked in to the VFL establishment. McLachlan needs to do something, it’s like the VFL wants us to fail. Evans, Cochrane and Dew must speak up. Our lads are tired having to win each week in such a hard way. It also makes you question renewing memberships if the cheating is so obvious. Carlton way of playing is dirty too. That Setterfield incident was disgraceful. Despicable stuff Carlton. Anyway it’s Scotch time brothers and sisters....Ha Ha Ha. What a trip. Enjoy enjoy enjoy, it wasn’t pretty but when you are a GC sports fan you party party hard. Shout out to Shane, he got the game ball. Very good choice. Glorious weekend in the Beautiful City of ours. I wish Baldy, Setterfield, Carlton and the Umpires a lovely flight back to Melbourne together. Bye Bye. Off you go.
I love you Bods

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Touk's 14 tackles were the second most in a single game in our history
Equal with Holman against North last year
and GABlett in our inaugural year

Ablett had 17 in 2015 against GWS (to go with 30 disposals and 3 goals mind you)

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
We need to stop having these runs of missed opportunities

1 goal 7 across the 'premiership' quarter + a few minutes either side.

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 5.50.12 AM.png

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
Lots going on in that win. But a win nonetheless.
The Blues getting closer to Tasmania with every #1 pick overall.

Still the best 2 things so far this season:
(1) everyone keeps having a crack every quarter, and (2) we are hard to score against.
Excellent. Could not have asked for more on those 2 fronts.

A few poor things that have repeated.
Skill errors.
Decision making errors from (it seems like) 18 of the 22.
A touch slow without Weller, a lot slow without Weller and Powell.
Need more from Hanley.

For this game, a few of the players looked more tired and slow than last week. Will happen over the course of the season, but against a good team we would have been beaten pretty easily.

Old Sol

Senior List
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I thought Murdoch had his best game with us. Took a couple of real critical marks and used some of that pace he is famous for.
I have to eat my words re Murdoch. Was genuinely concerned after the Fremantle game that he was going to be a Malceskiesque liability in our back line. Has actually been pretty reliable since then - his maturity and experience has come in very handy at times. He has had more impact than Hanley or Joyce in our back line.

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
awesome win by you guys, but how do you think you guys got the bad side of the umpires, it was literally horrible both ways, in the last 5 minutes there was probably over 10-15 non decisions that could of turned the game both ways. anyways well done and good luck

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
awesome win by you guys, but how do you think you guys got the bad side of the umpires, it was literally horrible both ways, in the last 5 minutes there was probably over 10-15 non decisions that could of turned the game both ways. anyways well done and good luck
Most people have said the umpires were atrocious for both sides alot of missed calls but the sling tackle on Powell was a terrible missed call.. I feel for Carlton that would of been devastating. Good luck this week!

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
Most people have said the umpires were atrocious for both sides alot of missed calls but the sling tackle on Powell was a terrible missed call.. I feel for Carlton that would of been devastating. Good luck this week!
i agree that it should've been a free kick and setterfield probably deserves a week and im not going to argue this any further because its not my team board, but setterfields tackle was one motion, i.e he didnt stop and then force him into the ground in another direction and he tackled him due to momentum he already had (basically the same cripps tackle on swallow last year) he also had one arm free that he could've got rid of the ball

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
i agree that it should've been a free kick and setterfield probably deserves a week and im not going to argue this any further because its not my team board, but setterfields tackle was one motion, i.e he didnt stop and then force him into the ground in another direction and he tackled him due to momentum he already had (basically the same cripps tackle on swallow last year) he also had one arm free that he could've got rid of the ball
I saw the same incident get three match ban , (Nyhuis on Robbie Gray)

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
I saw the same incident get three match ban , (Nyhuis on Robbie Gray)
yeah nah, 1. gray didnt have the ball for about 2 seconds while nyhuis was still tackling him powell did,2. nyhuis also basically made sure his head hit the ground, by lifting him him and then dumping him into the floor while setterfield went down with momentum (nyhuis had none) and 3. one arm was clearly free in the tackle

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,

I think every mutual fan would agree the quality of umpiring was sub standard both ways. Even a quick look at your teams meltdown thread tells me a fair amount of clear eyed Carlton supporters thought the same. Emotions are a hard thing to control sometimes and naturally when your team puts in an abysmal performance, the umpires are the first to be blamed. But make no mistake, it went both ways yesterday.

I think that's all we will need to say on it. Anything further will be seen as bitter trolling

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
yeah nah, 1. gray didnt have the ball for about 2 seconds while nyhuis was still tackling him powell did,2. nyhuis also basically made sure his head hit the ground, by lifting him him and then dumping him into the floor while setterfield went down with momentum (nyhuis had none) and 3. one arm was clearly free in the tackle
I doubt you will said the same way if Bowes/Miller tackle settlefield and knock him off like he did to Powell .

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
I think every mutual fan would agree the quality of umpiring was sub standard both ways. Even a quick look at your teams meltdown thread tells me a fair amount of clear eyed Carlton supporters thought the same. Emotions are a hard thing to control sometimes and naturally when your team puts in an abysmal performance, the umpires are the first to be blamed. But make no mistake, it went both ways yesterday.

I think that's all we will need to say on it. Anything further will be seen as bitter trolling
i one hundred percent agree, we really shouldve had someone on the goal line and thats no one elses fault but ours

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
1. He held Powell for enough time before then slinging his head down hard into the turf
2. That one arm free had the ball and how was he supposed to get rid of it? The arm that he could've used to protect himself was held.

2 weeks with an early plea.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It's the tackling players responsibility to tackle fairly
Full stop
We ended up with one less rotation and one good kid with concussion because your player elected to tackle poorly
End of discussion
3 weeks

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
GWS should get Big Mummy to go round in the first quarter sling tackling the best 4 opposition mids into the ground if they make the Grand Final
No send off rule other than the Docs having to mandatorily take the potentially concussed player off the ground
He could care less if they gave him the first 8 weeks of 2021 off

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
1. He held Powell for enough time before then slinging his head down hard into the turf
2. That one arm free had the ball and how was he supposed to get rid of it? The arm that he could've used to protect himself was held.

2 weeks with an early plea.
my guess would either to drop the ball and kick it, or drop the ball and be penalised, setterfield went with momentum exactly what cripps did.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
my guess would either to drop the ball and kick it, or drop the ball and be penalised, setterfield went with momentum exactly what cripps did.
Your guess ? if I knew earlier what you going to do , I won't get myself knock off in the first place . You acting like is all Powell fault that he got himself concussed.

Back