POTY Round 4 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

5- (Best)
4-
3-
2-
1-
YPOTY-

Young Player of the Year is your vote for the best player on the ground from this list below:
Nick Blakey
Jordan Dawson
Oliver Florent
Tom McCartin
Justin McInerney
Ben Ronke

5. Rampe
4. Heeney
3. Aliir
2. Florent
1. Jones

YPOTY. Florent

Aliir put in a game where he turned over simple little kicks with no pressure resulting in goals against us 3 times, killing our momentum, yet he still made the POTY list ? Admittedly he did some good things but he was out of his depth, even questioning a free given to him. The guy is skilled but completely clueless. Without Macca to point to where he should go next he was lost. Dawson had a good first half then undid everything in the second for a nett zero performance.

5. Heeney
4. Rampe
3. Florent
2. Jones
1. Cunningham

YPOTY - Florent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aliir put in a game where he turned over simple little kicks with no pressure resulting in goals against us 3 times, killing our momentum, yet he still made the POTY list ? Admittedly he did some good things but he was out of his depth, even questioning a free given to him. The guy is skilled but completely clueless. Without Macca to point to where he should go next he was lost. Dawson had a good first half then undid everything in the second for a nett zero performance.

I get what your saying Bunge, but in my opinion if he hadn't have been there our three goal loss would have been closer to an eight goal loss, we certainly did miss McVeigh.

I get what your saying Bunge, but in my opinion if he hadn't have been there our three goal loss would have been closer to an eight goal loss, we certainly did miss McVeigh.
OK Jewels, maybe I was a touch harsh but seriously, Aliir and Lloyd represent the next seniors in that backline behind Rampe now. Grundy, Smith & Macca are near retirement. Rampe is getting on. New guys like Melican, Maibaum, COR and Thurlow are learning the systems. It's up to those with a few years in the backline to recall what they've learned and to step out from the shadows and lead. It was a relief to see the steady hand of Reid claming things down back for periods against the Demons but that was robbing our forward line. Aliir and LLoyd not only need to make smart decisions for themselves but they need to be smart leaders. The defence has always worked when, and only when, it's worked as one.

Round 4
Sydney 11.12 (78) def. by Melbourne 15.10 (100)

5 votes
Isaac Heeney

23 disposals w/ 13 contested, 5 marks, 3 clearances, 8 tackles, 3 one-percenters, 3 inside 50s, 1 goal, 91% disposal efficiency

Heeney.jpg

4 votes
Oliver Florent

25 disposals w/ 13 contested, 4 marks, 4 clearances, 3 rebound 50s, 3 tackles, 4 inside 50s, 2 goals, 64% disposal efficiency

Florent.jpg

3 votes
Aliir Aliir

18 disposals w/ 4 contested, 7 marks, 4 rebound 50s, 7 one-percenters, 89% disposal efficiency

Aliir.jpg

2 votes
Zak Jones

24 disposals w/ 7 contested, 6 marks, 4 clearances, 3 rebound 50s, 4 tackles, 6 inside 50s, 1 goal, 1 goal assist, 63% disposal efficiency

Jones.jpg

1 vote
Dane Rampe

25 disposals w/ 9 contested, 8 marks, 4 rebound 50s, 6 one-percenters, 3 inside 50s, 1 goal assist, 72% disposal efficiency

Rampe.jpg

Full votes tally:
Isaac Heeney (54)
Oliver Florent (41)
Aliir Aliir (34)
Zak Jones (29)
Dane Rampe (28)

Harry Cunningham (21)
Jordan Dawson (3)

Young Player of the Week:
Oliver Florent
25 disposals w/ 13 contested, 4 marks, 4 clearances, 3 rebound 50s, 3 tackles, 4 inside 50s, 2 goals, 64% disposal efficiency

Florent 2.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back