AFL Autopsy Round 4 vs Sydney and City Hall

Remove this Banner Ad

We played well but truth be told the score line flattered us.

28 scoring shots from 56 entires I50, they should have won by 9 goals.

Kudos to our guys got not breaking the dam wall when they kept coming though. All should be better for the experience of a close game.

Umpiring was crap and we should all know that we get reamed, more so Sydney in Sydney.

Anyways, frustrating game and one we could have iced but didn’t. Lots of promise and contributions across the board.

Pick ourselves up, recover and go again in Brisbane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you typically get more scoring shots when you get double the *in free kick count mate

Hooker kicks that easy goal and Tippa doesn’t juggle dinner plates and its lobster and fresh salad..
and even a smigeon of a percentage boost.
We don’t get enough from our senior players, let’s be real. You need more goal contributors from the senior group. To be fair, it’s kinda sad. You just don’t see Merrett, Heppell, Zaka(wasn’t playing), Smith, Langford and so on taking the game on the forward half of the ground consistently.

Last edited:
You're confusing a supporter reaction after a game with insider attitudes to approaching a game. Of course we want our coaching and playing staff to be intent on putting on maximum effort each week( while also being mindful of developing and educating our young players). But having lost a close game in which we obviously gave everything, does not mean we cant look at the upside of losing to sides and getting better access to new talent than them in a comparable situation.

Humans are humans. Comfort in losses to achieve draft picks has never worked.

Good thread title btw...
Say what you like about the ruck one at the end - but that mop headed * Hickey was caught holding the ball just outside our 50 and the ump ignored it only 20 secs after paying an almost identical free for HTB to Sydney (against Hooker I think) This is the one that pisses me off!
I knew we would be in trouble in the ruck but I didn't think it would be done like that.
And apparently deliberate is only an away team thing! campaigners!

Guelfi is fine. Zerk needs more senior games.

Serves no purpose dropping Wright to VFL.
Guelfi was ok but think Redman is ahead of him in the pecking order. I reckon Zerk’s papers are stamped after tonight so might as well give Reid a crack against beanpole Hipwood. Wright was a deadset liability in the ruck tonight and we don’t need him up forward so Bryan or Phillips in the side is a must until Draper returns.

God that was so frustrating .. but nice to say that its not because of us for a change and it was that awful umpiring. Hickey apparently can do what he wants, meanwhile people can just hang of Hooker all night no problems.
Anyways, besides that, really impressed. A few guys played below their best + our outs + Sydney's form and we still pushed them all the way to the end AND didn't roll over in the 2nd when they rallied. Sure it looks bad in terms of win-loss, but if our losses show this sort of effort, I'm content with where we are at. And god damn am I loving Big Cox!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red in particular is often used to grab attention as it has, in addition to the sensitivity of the eye, a social meaning of danger, fire and general threat.

It was frustrating. We played well, but at the end of the day they should have converted better. A few thoughts:

- Wright is a forward/ruck who will outpoint most second rucks but will struggle against genuine rucks like Hickey and McInerney next week
- We struggled to transition from defence to attack in the last quarter
- As a whole, we don't kill the ball enough in an outnumber situation
- Cox, Perkins, Waterman were really good tonight

It was frustrating. We played well, but at the end of the day they should have converted better. A few thoughts:

- Wright is a forward/ruck who will outpoint most second rucks but will struggle against genuine rucks like Hickey and McInerney next week
- We struggled to transition from defence to attack in the last quarter
- As a whole, we don't kill the ball enough in an outnumber situation
- Cox, Perkins, Waterman were really good tonight
Good summary. The new guys have been doing really well - and by that I dont just mean the kids but also Hind and Waterman (and Caldwell looked ok from brief sample). The exception has been Wright. I'm not sure he is even a forward, let alone ruck. Has been very disappointing. No reason not to play Bryan now.

Would be keen on playing Reid sooner than later but only once they feel he is ready. Can play on 2nd or 3rd tall to start with. Guelfi needs more game time and probably persist with Laverde to give him a consistent run. Zerk's effort on Buddy when Buddy got his last goal was disappointing. Attack and kill the ball when you have front position.

God knows where we would be without Ridley. Taking it to another level.

Never thought the umpiring would be worse than the ANZAC Day game from a few years ago, but here we are.

Remember that turd umpire Shaun Ryan from that game? He retired from AFL umpiring last year, thank god. Also, * that guy.

Yeah, I think that the tackle on Hickey should've been HTB.

Peace dudes

Just to brighten up some spirits imagine this side running out in about 2 years from now:

B: Redman - Reid - Laverde
HB: Hind - Francis - Ridley
C: Merrett - Caldwell - Cox
HF: Stringer - Jones - Perkins
F: A Davey - Eyre - McDonald-Tipungwuti
R: Draper - Parish - McGrath
I/C: Langford - Shiel - J Davey - 2021 FRP

For what might be the first time in forever we’re building something promising!
Not bad, but you left out Josh Dunkley...;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back