Autopsy Round 5 – St. Kilda vs GWS Giants, Saturday 21st April 2018, Etihad Stadium, 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised by the amount of talk on the Aints board about a fan boycott to send a message about their dissatisfaction with Rich & the club direction in general.

Has he got enough runs on the board to come straight back in when the team is winning?
That's a fair question. I don't know. Either his bone isn't fully healed, or you're inference is right. Possibly both. My preference isn't that rational on this case. My worry is complacency and he does seem very enthusiastic. In fact not having a cemented place might be a plus. Delighted Dawson is playing for the same reason.

I can't criticise not making any changes to a winning team. No-one really deserves to get dropped on their Freo performance, although I still look at the team in terms of individuals who could come in and improve the side overall, but understand that when we've got several important players out it may not be the best time to drop an experienced player for a rookie.

I'd really like to see the boys get a convincing win in Melbourne. We need to cement some confidence that we can go to an away venue and win - the MCG specifically but in absence of games at the 'G then Etihad will have to suffice. We have sufficient class to beat the Saints, but have to be wholly focussed and not take anything for granted. Any hopefully don't have any injuries.

No argument but I think Etthiad is actually a big positive. We did have two losses against the Saints and Blues there last year, and whooped the Dogs. In 2016 we were 3 zip there.
Hard fast surface and controlled weather conditions, what's not to like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m posting for the President of the Parramatta Giants.
Parramatta GIANTS fans, WE ARE BACK!!! Come join us at the Commercial Hotel to watch our GIANTS take on the Saints tomorrow from 1.30pm. We’ll be in the lounge area downstairs in the Bistro, due to a function upstairs in our usual spot. Looking forward to seeing you all, and don’t forget to wear your Orange! Go GIANTS!!!

Surprised by the amount of talk on the Aints board about a fan boycott to send a message about their dissatisfaction with Rich & the club direction in general.
Not really serious, we just have some of the most fickle supporters in the league. Everyone spits the dummy and comes up with rubbish like that when it's tough but as soon as we start to win a few games they'll be right back on board.

Good luck tomorrow, not that you guys need it.

Even after the win v the Dockers last week I still am not confident about a win and with the losses to the Saints and Blues last year it shows other teams still have a chance if things go their way on game day and also a lack of mental toughness for the team
The win at the G v the pies was an indicator that the mental toughness had improved from last year
For today a 4-5 goal win and no injuries and Patton to kick a few goals is an Ideal for me but I can see the possibility of a tough games if Ross, Dustan and Steele are up for the game
I can't see the Saints getting a win with the loss of class in Riewoldt and Montanga, no Bruce up forward and Roberton down back then the players out of form and the poor goal kicking accuracy
The defenders need to be watchful of Gresham and Billings

Even after the win v the Dockers last week I still am not confident about a win and with the losses to the Saints and Blues last year it shows other teams still have a chance if things go their way on game day and also a lack of mental toughness for the team
The win at the G v the pies was an indicator that the mental toughness had improved from last year
For today a 4-5 goal win and no injuries and Patton to kick a few goals is an Ideal for me but I can see the possibility of a tough games if Ross, Dustan and Steele are up for the game
I can't see the Saints getting a win with the loss of class in Riewoldt and Montanga, no Bruce up forward and Roberton down back then the players out of form and the poor goal kicking accuracy
After the numbers of close wins last year and the Pies win this year, "lack of mental toughness" is a ridiculous accusation in my view. Complacency could see a loss.

Missed this, sorry but maybe this helps from the Orange army news

Round 5 | St Kilda Saints

Etihad Stadium 21st Apr 1:45pm

Tickets for this week’s game can be purchased through Ticketmaster, you will need to purchase a General Admission ticket from Ticketmaster. Once you have purchases a ticket, you will be able to get a Cheersquad pass from our team in bay L1 48.

Not really serious, we just have some of the most fickle supporters in the league. Everyone spits the dummy and comes up with rubbish like that when it's tough but as soon as we start to win a few games they'll be right back on board.

Good luck tomorrow, not that you guys need it.
I don't think it's that unusual when things aren't going well. People sometimes need to vent. I wonder if more club boards should have a dedicated venting thread, including ours at times.

To the game, I'm pretty confident after all the criticism, and the need to get your season on track, your guys will come at us hard. As we did last year, we have the talent to get the job done. Not much of a gap between sides in the modern game though.

Want 44 fit players after the game and no complacency from our guys personally.

I'm still stuck in Sydney. Supposed to be on a 9am flight to Melbourne but there is heavy fog at Tullamarine. Hope it clears soon. :praying:
Fingers crossed! We are training in now to carch up with some Sainter mates for lunch. We'll be heading to West Village after the game.

After the numbers of close wins last year and the Pies win this year, "lack of mental toughness" is a ridiculous accusation in my view. Complacency could see a loss.
I may have used the wrong term and complacency is a better word but I think the Pies win proved some mental toughness as the only win v the Pies had been with Stevie Js goal last year and the record at the MCG is not the best so to overcome those I think mental toughness is the correct term where as the losses to the Blues and Saints last year without to much analysis I would call complacency
I think I managed to explain my reasoning

Worrying thought is them playing unknown players for Bruce and Roberton. Plus, looking at which teams have won and lost against unexpected teams, who knows. I’m fairly confident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back