Preview Round 5 – Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Saturday 22nd April, 7.25pm, Small Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the swans too much for a hate based rivalry. More a mutual respect rivalry
I plenty dislike the Swans. But that's the Queenslander/Brisbane Lions part of me.

:cool:I still think the guard changed at Spotless last year. The last remaining task is to take the home ground from the Edelsten legacy. Todays the day to get that that done.

Last edited:
On facebook they were advertising the game and someone said they tried to buy tickets and it said "Allocation exhausted" in every section

Good news if sold out. Hope there is plenty of orange

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bay 2 is sold out, so that should be a solid block of orange. Bays 12 is usually reserved for the opposition as well, and there's only a handful of tickets left in there. So we should be "noticeable".

2017_04_22_10.21.31.png

Weather forecast has improved, much to my relief. I think less rain is good for us on the fiekd as well. We always seem to be a better side on a hard surface. Guess that's because we have more run than most sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how many do Giants have?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The banter is strong in this one...

Seriously, I think the players have more of a rivalry than the supporters.

That said, next week we will feel the true hate of fans and, to be honest, most of us will be "dudes, you got your Premiership before us. Chill."

The banter is strong in this one...

Seriously, I think the players have more of a rivalry than the supporters.

That said, next week we will feel the true hate of fans and, to be honest, most of us will be "dudes, you got your Premiership before us. Chill."
Yeah
Except I have a few of the pond scum Mutts supporters who follow me around on the main board, outraged when I post a thread not about them, and simultaneously claiming I'm obsessed with them.
Odd thing is I like watching their team, who deserve better. Like all clubs they do have quality posters.
My plan is not to back off on the main board or here, if that puts me in a minority so be it.

Bay 2 is sold out, so that should be a solid block of orange. Bays 12 is usually reserved for the opposition as well, and there's only a handful of tickets left in there. So we should be "noticeable".
But can the swans fans purchase tickets in there too ?

Last SCG derby our blocks seemed to be half half

But can the swans fans purchase tickets in there too ?

Last SCG derby our blocks seemed to be half half

I suppose so, but bay 2 is always allocated to the opposition.

I'm pretty sure we'll be well represented tonight. :thumbsupemoji:

So, the Lions vs Bulldogs game showing that no matter what the respective ladder positions, a team that brings heat to the contest can take the game to its opposition, and failing to take advantage of I50s can lead to being behind on the scoreboard despite your team's overall advantage in possession. Lessons for us are that we need to be turned on 100% for this game, because the Sydney midfield is a lot better than Brisbane's - they've just been down on form. We need to hit them hard early, get an advantage and hopefully keep them out of form. We'll see about Buddy, but certainly his absence would provide an advantage to GWS, but if we get complacent because of that news ... we could easily get ambushed. Stay alert Giants, play to your normal level and you'll win this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back