Review Round 5, 2015: Gold Coast Suns vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were the five best performing players vs. Brisbane?

• H. Schade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. May

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • K. Kolodjashnij

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • A. Saad

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • S. Tape

• T. McKenzie

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • J. Harbrow

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • S. Lemmens

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • M. Shaw

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • D. Prestia

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • B. Matera

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A. Sexton

• J. Martin

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • T. Lynch

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • C. Dixon

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • H. Bennell

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • T. Nicholls

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • M. Rischitelli

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • T. Miller

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • J. Lonergan

• J. Garlett

• J. Glenn

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
All changes and chatter in here.

OUT:
  • Hall
  • Nicholls
  • Lemmens
  • Sexton
IN:
  • Stanley
  • Raines
  • Broughton
  • Hallahan

Hall, Nicholls, and Sexton had shockers. They need to get back to the NEAFL to learn simple footy skills, but unfortunately, they've got Fraser as coach so it's not going to happen. Lemmens wasn't too bad, but we need to bring Broughton back in, so he's got to be dropped imo.

Stanley and Broughton should be brought back into the side for age and experience, but they're also key to their area of the field and will really strengthen us.

We're desperate for another inside mid, so hopefully Hallahan will be good for selection this week. We really need him back in the side.

Finally, I think Raines should be upgraded and played against the Lions to play on Rockliff. I'm not a big fan of taggers, but Rockliff will destroy us without someone on him to stop it from happening. We need experience, and Raines has plenty. He'll lock down Rocky and will give us much needed experience on-field. We're wasting talent by playing Kolo (or anyone else for that matter) on an opposition key mid, so I think Raines is the man for the job. I'm interested to see what everyone else here thinks.

Fire away.

Hi guys, not intruding, I'm actually a Suns member (I live on the coast) as well as a Lions member. Not sure what to make of this game, hard to pick who is going worse! I would say probably Brisbane, just because we still have an elite mid field out there, but we have no targets at all up forward. One team is going to be a little happier after next week and the other will be in crisis mode (even more then they are now!).

Monday 9am: Upgrade Raines from the rookie list. We need more experience and leadership. I know he is far from the worlds best footballer, but I think his professionalism and 110% determination will provide so much more than half of our precious snowflakes, and hopefully rub off on the team.

B. Kolodjashnij, May, McKenzie
HB. Malceski, Thompson, Broughton
C. Shaw, Prestia, Bennell
HF. Stanley, Lynch, Martin
F. Matera, Dixon, Miller

R. Nichols, Rischatelli, Swallow

Int: Hallahan, Saad, Raines Sub: Garlett

Miller to play a fwd tag on Rich.
Raines to tag D.Beams.

Stop those 2 and I think we will nullify the Lions most effective weapons with Rockliff still underdone. Just crunch Rockliff every single chance we get. 2/3 guys tackling him hard into the ground.

Out: Smith, Hall, Sexton, Lemmens

Is there a way both sides can lose? Because if it can be done ... I think it will be.
One of the captains will call for a count of heads late in the last quarter with the scores tied at 2.13.25 apiece. Both teams will be found to have 19 players on the field due to interchange errors. Scores for both teams will be reduced to 0. Game will end in a nil-all draw. Calling it early.
Media will label it the worst exhibition of Australian Football ever recorded live on TV. Of course the commentary team for the match will consist of Brian Taylor, Dwayne Russell, Luke Darcy and Basil Zempilas. Channel 7 receives numerous complaints after the match from viewers complaining of sore eyes and ears. Both Justin Leppitsch and Rodney Eade break down in tears at their post-match press conferences... Tears of laughter / madness. Both Brisbane and the Gold Coast will be called in front of the AFL Tribunal on the charge of bringing the game into disrepute. Supporters of both sides will finally admit that Rugby League is a more skilful game and that Soccer is more exciting to watch. The following week Gillon McLachlan, AFL head honcho, admits the 28 year experiment in establishing an AFL presence in Queensland has been deemed a failure. The product is just too inferior, even to Rugby Union, and announces both sides will be disbanded in 2016, with new expansion sides to be set up in Tassie and Darwin.

You know something we dont Nova about Gazza , hope he is right , we need him.

My Guess this week

In - Hallahan , Harbrow , Stanley , Broughton
Out - Sexton , Lemmens , Hall , May

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing how Cam McCarthy has dominated the Giants' forward line, I'm wondering how long 2MP is going to be confined to the wilderness that is the NEAFL. Surely with Fraser as the NEAFL coach 2MP's development is going to be slow and ineffective, so I'd personally like him in the AFL squad to play alongside Dixon and Lynch - especially against a 'small' side like Brisbane.

at this stage, i have no clue who to drop or who to bring in. we're just playing stupid footy. the lack of possessions is a major worry.

after round 4, we are:
qArbGub.jpg

it doesn't matter who you put out there each week, if they don't play together as a team, we're gonna lose. being so down in so many areas is my biggest concern, and i don't know how that's gonna change. :/

at this stage, i have no clue who to drop or who to bring in. we're just playing stupid footy. the lack of possessions is a major worry.

after round 4, we are:
qArbGub.jpg

it doesn't matter who you put out there each week, if they don't play together as a team, we're gonna lose. being so down in so many areas is my biggest concern, and i don't know how that's gonna change. :/

The only thing we can win is the centre clearance's, we're actually still quite good at that.

Everything else, loose ball gets/hard ball gets and general winning the contest, defensive pressure we SUCK and complete lack of intent and desire.

I think the Suns selection panel, committee whatever they call themselves
should go with 3 Ruckman this week especially on a greasy wet track.

Maybe 3 Ruckman combined might be able to crack 20 disposals

I think the Suns selection panel, committee whatever they call themselves
should go with 3 Ruckman this week especially on a greasy wet track.

Maybe 3 Ruckman combined might be able to crack 20 disposals
Their smalls will cut us to ribbons no matter who you pick. Greasy ground ball give me smalls any day.

after round 4, we are:
qArbGub.jpg

We are putrid according to most stats yet average more inside 50's per game this year than teams like Freo, Sydney, Essendon, North, Port do.
54 times a game for 10 goals return.... Is it the way we deliver it, lack of marking, crumbing, lack of forward pressure keeping it in??

We are putrid according to most stats yet average more inside 50's per game this year than teams like Freo, Sydney, Essendon, North, Port do.
54 times a game for 10 goals return.... Is it the way we deliver it, lack of marking, crumbing, lack of forward pressure keeping it in??
Has to be the way it goes in. They are usually scrubby kicks in or shallow entires that get turned right over and rebounded out.

Back