Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
upload_2015-5-2_1-2-7.png

upload_2015-5-2_12-13-16.png

Good feeling about this one. First win of the year? LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Edit: Or not?? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-2_1-3-54.png
    upload_2015-5-2_1-3-54.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
After the horror start to the year my enthusiasm for the Lions season is virtually non-existent. I am hoping the boys can revive it with a win today followed by a win on the road against the Blues next week. Not to get ahead of myself though. Go the Lions run out with pride in the jumper and beat the damn Suns.

DBeams has slowly been building the last couple weeks, needs to have a big one against the Suns in the middle to help the team get the 4 points. Hopefully Rocky is fit enough this week to help him.

Redden must lift his form and Zorko needs to play himself into some form as well.

Experience watch tells me I am allowed to be optimistic this week even without wearing my Lion-coloured glasses!

The trend is that the team we play last week gets killed and comes out ready to kill in return and succeeds ... but dice have no memory and local derby type games have a tendency to not follow the trends of the rest of the season ...

Time to win another quarter (or four :)) and to get some of our combinations finally clicking.

Besides ... when it is cloudy the Sun just can't shine down here :D

I can't watch most of the game = Must win. belting for the ages. C'mon Lions do it so I can moan about my terrible scheduling abilities!

Already been mentioned but I just thought I'd point out that there are sunny blue skies on the Gold Coast at the moment. If weather was your deterrent for attending then it shouldn't be anymore.

Already been mentioned but I just thought I'd point out that there are sunny blue skies on the Gold Coast at the moment. If weather was your deterrent for attending then it shouldn't be anymore.

Can we get a MSF rating? (Metricon Stench Factor)?

Last time I was there it was somewhere between Level 4 (Pig Farm) and Level 5 (Decomposing Corpse Pile).

I don't go down there for anything over level 3 (Bombay Open Sewer).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the Damage already done to the surface? How well will it drain?

Should get plenty of sun on it, and most AFL level grounds have good drainage nowadays. I've only been there once in the wet and the surface held up well, so after a day of drainage and clear skies should be fine regardless of the level of drenching. Being naturally sandy should help the drainage too.

I am pretty certain it is like most modern stadium surfaces with a predominantly sand based bed that drains very quickly and water is channeled off underneath through ag-pipe kind of arrangements, so that very little water pools for long once the rain has actually stopped.

There will still be some moisture but any field at this level would not become a mud bath at all, even after this kind of rain. If they have woven plastic into the grass structure as well it will hold together even better.

Should hopefully be good conditions then.
Flew over with my eldest son to watch the game.
Never seen so much rain in such a short period of time!!
Driving into Nicks apartment last night the water was up to the top of his bonet (drives an FJ Cruiser)

The wind was howling here last night after the rain cleared so was probably almost dry by early hours of this morning. Metricon gets full sun a lot of the day too with the Northern part having no stands

Metricon drains well. Apparently there is a siphonic drainage system in place. I don't really know what that means but it was supposed to be the best system drainage system available when they built it in 2009/11.

The surface should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back