Review Round 5, 2017: Box Hill Hawks v Richmond, 14 May 2017, 12.00pm @ Box Hill City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks carry their unbeaten form back home for a game against the Tigers, who currently sit sixth on the VFL ladder with two wins from four games. The Tigers narrowly fell short against the reigning premiers, Footscray (17.16.118 to 17.9.111) so they will be hungry to make amends and deal the Hawks their first loss of the season and first career loss as coach for former Tiger player Chris Newman.

In the meantime, the Development Squad come back from the bye with a home game against Werribee. The development squad game starts at 9am.

As per usual, 3WBC 94.1FM will have live coverage of the game. You can also obtain regular updates of both games from the Box Hill Hawks twitter feed at www.twitter.com/boxhillhawks

Teams to follow later today.

I was always taught, "ladies first," but the A.F.L have to show who's boss in this case, I guess.
Probably hoping to get the people that turn up for the seniors to stick around

Round 5 team

B: Connor Nash, Kurt Heatherley, David Mirra

HB: Harry Morrison, Kaiden Brand, Taylor Duryea

C: Dallas Willsmore, Brendan Whitecross, Will Hams

HF: Sam Switkowski, Ryan Schoenmakers, Kade Stewart

F: Mitch Lewis, Ty Vickery, James Sicily

R: Marc Pittonet, Andrew Moore, James Cousins

INT: Chris Jones, Conor Glass, Ayden Kennedy, Max Warren, Nick Evans, Liam Cox, Oliver Hanrahan, Anthony Brolic, Nelson Lane

Missing in action this week are O'Meara, O'Rourke, Birchall, Ceglar, Lovell, Surman and Miles plus BHH listed players who have played senior football O'Donnell, O'Sullivan and McIntyre. I need a footy fix after being away since the Gold Coast debacle so I'll arrive before the start of the development game. Unfortunately I need to leave at quarter time of the seniors game in which I will be interested to observe if James Sicily can improve on his tackle count of one [round one against the scum] in his five AFL games this year. Surely a major focus!!!

Missing in action this week are O'Meara, O'Rourke, Birchall, Ceglar, Lovell, Surman and Miles plus BHH listed players who have played senior football O'Donnell, O'Sullivan and McIntyre. I need a footy fix after being away since the Gold Coast debacle so I'll arrive before the start of the development game. Unfortunately I need to leave at quarter time of the seniors game in which I will be interested to observe if James Sicily can improve on his tackle count of one [round one against the scum] in his five AFL games this year. Surely a major focus!!!

Sicily has been spotted on the plane to Launceston houdinihuddo

Hard to get a tackle at BHCO if you're a few hundred kilometres away!

Sicily has been spotted on the plane to Launceston houdinihuddo

Hard to get a tackle at BHCO if you're a few hundred kilometres away!
With box Hill being a Sunday game I wouldn't be surprised if all the emergencies traveled

Then again I don't see Brand or Stewart in this photo
Expect we go in as named and Sis flies back to play for BH on Sunday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then again I don't see Brand or Stewart in this photo
Expect we go in as named and Sis flies back to play for BH on Sunday
Odd that the captain is barely seen at the back of the photo, but no surprise that Hodgey is front and centre.

Bit of a gloomy day out Box Hill way this morning. No rain but and overcast almost foggy and temperature struggling to get above 11 degrees at the moment, brrrrr! Hope the sun comes out later. With it being Mothers Day as well could be a small crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back