Game Day Round 5 2017: Hawks v Eagles, Sunday 4.40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I gotta say our fixture leaves a lot to be desired if you have young kids this year
most of our good time slots are in Tassie
we really have few family friendly slots in VIC and as is always the case I'm lucky enough for them to conflict with other life events

Probably not going to be able to get in for this game as I really can't justify telling my daughter that it's too late for her and go without after she showed so much interest

all I can say is thank god for the VFL and VFLW

We are in with a real chance in this one, combine the fragility of WC on the MCG with the fact that at some point the boys have to turn it around and I feel pretty positive about this game

After going to box hill today I like what Newman is trying to do and what some of our kids are showing, now I know that Coburg isn't a stand alone team in the class of Port or Willo but the boys still showed something after beating the reigning VFL premiers last week

I don't like our fixture much this year either. Absolutely hate this time slot but will go tomorrow because there are so few afternoon games this year and I like the night matches even less. As in previous year I will go to more Box Hill games than Hawthorn ones because the majority of them are in the afternoon.

Courage. Endurance. Mateship. Sacrifice.

If those words still mean anything to this group they must play for each other and fight this game out to the very end. I can live with a loss if they have a fair dinkum crack but if they roll out another limp effort surely it's time for some hard calls to be made.

4 quarters of effort and intensity and see what happens.

Hopefully we don't drop our bundle of we make some errors because we need to attack, attack, attack.

Eagles are ordinary at the G and this is a game we can win if we believe in ourselves.

Sit Langers on Shuey and Shiels on Gaff and keeping honest Yeo and McGovern down back will go along way to winning.

I reckon Cyril will respond to all the criticism he has copped and have a big game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we will win this. Only game I've had this feeling about this year.

The quality on our list is still amazing - today is the day it clicks, I just know it.

That first quarter against the Crows was the Hawks of old - four quarters of that please.

I'm happy the awkwardness of watching Mitchell play against us has not eventuated. I didn't care seeing Bud v us for the first time but found myself really uncomfortable knowing the Sam game was approaching, can't explain why. Glad he is out.

Regardless of the result so proud to be a Hawkie. Like sausages, through thick and thin.

Hawks by 41.

I hope to see them stay on their toes today. No getting caught standing flat-footed and ball watching.

My personal goal today is to keep track of who is moving without the ball, either cutting off Eagle movement or presenting themselves as a target.

Annoyed st the time slot especially because now I will miss the start of the Logies. So thanks AFL

Hopefully Tim"heartthrob" Obrien will play somewhat decently and I will be satisfied

Sounds to me like the AFL is doing you a favour ;)

Looking forward to seeing us play today, hope we keep playing Brand / Howe/ Sicily / Hardwick / Burton/ OBrien , the only way forward is too keep getting games into these guys, they are not the problem they are the solution.

We desperately need Cyril/ Bruest / Gunston/ Pops / Sheils and Smith to step up and become the leaders of this club , it needs to start today. The old warriors deserve for this to happen.

Go Hawks ...

Looking forward to seeing us play today, hope we keep playing Brand / Howe/ Sicily / Hardwick / Burton/ OBrien , the only way forward is too keep getting games into these guys, they are not the problem they are the solution.

We desperately need Cyril/ Bruest / Gunston/ Pops / Sheils and Smith to step up and become the leaders of this club , it needs to start today. The old warriors deserve for this to happen.

Go Hawks ...
Agree with you "BM1", except that I do feel that TOB has worn out his opportunities; after 5 years he just can't seem to crack any consistency at all.

We will be there after missing last week. Time with excited newly engaged daughter, her fiancé & extended family trumped going to the game last week (just ;)). Really looking forward to getting to the game today & hopefully cheering them on to our first win for the season. Go Hawks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back