Preview Round 5, 2017: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles , 23 April 2017, 4.40pm @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Clarkson doesn't ring the changes at selection then something is seriously wrong if it isn't already.

IN: O'Meara, Howe, Stewart, Fitzpatrick, O'Rourke

OUT: Gibson, O'Brien, Hartung, Henderson, Hardwick

B: Stratton, Frawley, Burgoyne

HB: Burton, Brand, Howe

C: Shiels, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Sicily, Gunston, Rioli

F: Puopolo, Roughead, Breust

R: McEvoy, Hodge, O'Meara

INT: Langford, Stewart, Fitzpatrick, O'Rourke

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Hopefully Sammy gets up for the game because he took a heavy hit to his ankle against the $wans. Will be great to see him on the same field as Hodgey again, he'll always remain one of my favorite Hawks.

As for the rest of the game... I'm beyond expecting anything positive to come of it. A loss under 86 points would be an improvement perhaps. What would be really nice is to see the team competitive in both halves. Unless we've cut player salaries by 50% I don't think that's too much to ask for.

bugalugs213

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Really needs to drop a few Shiels, Pop, Rioli Bruest all close on form. No doubt they'll drop youngsters again instead.
Hopefully O'meara is ok to come back in.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If O'Rourke can stay injury free and if his pre season form is a indicator, him and O'Meara will be massive in's. Our midfield was just destroyed in the last 40 minutes. Howe needs to come in for Gibson, he wont be their next year and getting game time into Howe is important(need to see if he's really up to it).

We need to get back to basics with our forward line, have Gunston and Sciliy as lead up targets, Ty as the anchor and use Roughead up the ground. We might then be able to see our smalls make an impact then.

Hong Kong Hawk

All Australian
Aug 1, 2015
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Brom
In: O'Rourke, Howe, Fitzpatrick, Stewart, O'Meara (if 100%)

Out: Langford, Gibson, O'Brien, Henderson, someone.

Let's give The younger guys a go and try and build from there.
If 100% for O'Meara? WTF - how many step onto the field 100%? Why is he getting cotton wool treatment? They're trying to say it's a different knee, not structural, just a knock. Well then, in those circumstances he plays today surely. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm reckoning he isn't right, and he will spend his entire time with us not playing

If 100% for O'Meara? WTF - how many step onto the field 100%? Why is he getting cotton wool treatment? They're trying to say it's a different knee, not structural, just a knock. Well then, in those circumstances he plays today surely. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm reckoning he isn't right, and he will spend his entire time with us not playing
Because of he's not 100% then he's technically injured. Opposite knee or not, they were always going to be cautious with O'Meara. Reports are he was walking okay but that doesn't tell much of a story of it pains him to do so. He was clearly affected against the Sun's. I'm not sure why a cautious and long term approach to his body surprises you?

hfc70

Premiership Player
Mar 9, 2007
Somewhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Out - Hartung, Gibson, Frawley, Gunston, Sicily, Breust, O'Brien, Stratton, Shiels, Langford, Henderson, Brand

In - really don't give a flying *

Last edited by a moderator:

ML4Hodgy

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Vickery has been a potato, but I have more faith he's an AFL footballer than Fitzpatrick (and don't mention TOB). He must come back.
Working for him is that none of our fwds have been any good this year (Sis excepted in his very short stints).

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Scoring graphs from the first 4 games. Clarko's priority must be addressing our second half 'fadeouts' (a generous description of them)

358169_c83ed27c1238c2b5dbaae59b8f14c467.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back