Discussion Round 5 2017: Photos & Discussion Thread (ANZAC Long Weekend)

Remove this Banner Ad

But having Carlton or Geelong in their clash jumpers would make it worse. And Gold Coast and Adelaide both have the option of white.
Not really my argument - if there was a clash there Geelong would be forced into having a more white alternative or Carlton into a completely different colour. Just because you have a working clash jumper doesn't mean you should be forced to use it when unnecessary.

Case in point (obviously the old wave jumper but very similar).

images

It's one of two reasons Gold Coast don't have a yellow clash jumper, the other reason being Brisbane.

How does this work when Brisbane have a yellow clash jumper now? Brisbane will wear yellow away to Gold Coast but it couldn't be flipped the other way?

Showdowns aside, does Adelaide wear an "away" jumper nowadays?

There's no way the Crows remotely clash with GC. Their mutual colours create as much clash as West Coast's yellow creates a clash with GC's yellow. i.e. not at all.

So really, there are two possibilities here:
1. The AFL is inconsistently applying its clash policy (wow, breaking news)
2. Adelaide is simply happy to wear a clash/away strip when interstate, for reasons of exposure, sales, etc.

So now milestone guernseys are just 'jumpers that the player likes' ? Seems silly
Players don't have a say on guernsey design, but on a big milestones let them indulge their passion if they care. Most don't but Bob has commented on geurnsey design over the years. And this one is a winner. I spent my $100 bucks today and bought one and it looks great. And it looked great from the stands and everyone around me said so too. I hope it looked good on tv.

Both teams wear red, yellow, and (blue). Of course Adelaide we're going. Be in their white jumper. It's one of two reasons Gold Coast don't have a yellow clash jumper, the other reason being Brisbane.
How much yellow is on a Brisbane home jumper, that a yellow clash jumper wouldn't work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 360974 Eagles doning royal shorts at training today...

Could this mean we're seeing full royal tomorrow?
Also, I can't help but notice that for some reason we have away training jumpers with our home sponsor layout. Hurn and Priddis have a home sponsor layout yet Redden has the away layout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back