Discussion Round 5, 2018 (ANZAC) - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Have Freo worn the ANZAC Badge before? They’ve been doing the Len Hall tribute match for yonks, sometimes even on ANZAC Day itself when it falls on a weekend. So if they haven’t worn it before, they won’t necessarily wear it now, particularly given they’re playing four days before ANZAC Day.

Have Freo worn the ANZAC Badge before? They’ve been doing the Len Hall tribute match for yonks, sometimes even on ANZAC Day itself when it falls on a weekend. So if they haven’t worn it before, they won’t necessarily wear it now, particularly given they’re playing four days before ANZAC Day.
I just had a look and they've only worn the ANZAC Badge once before, in 2015 according to footyjumpers.com, and that game fell on ANZAC Day. Given that I will change my answer to no they will not wear an ANZAC badge Mozzie_Squad

Outside Anzac Eve and Day, I think only Brisbane have actually worn an Anzac jumper last year.

Its always surprised me that there is such a push that all clubs wear an Indigenous jumper that all 18 clubs don't have an Anzac badge on there jumper as a minimum as I think acknowledgement to our war heroes is very important.

Freo have been pushing the Len Hall game heavily this season although marketing has stepped up a bit with the amount of seats we have to sell in general now

Outside Anzac Eve and Day, I think only Brisbane have actually worn an Anzac jumper last year.

Its always surprised me that there is such a push that all clubs wear an Indigenous jumper that all 18 clubs don't have an Anzac badge on there jumper as a minimum as I think acknowledgement to our war heroes is very important.
I reckon they wore one when they played the saints in NZ

View attachment 484472 View attachment 484473 Melbourne’s 2018 Anzac jumper. Subtle, I like it.
Pretty good. Not sure about the "LEST WE FORGET" across the arse.
My real issue though is that the Zurich logo has been printed but still has a blue box around it.
Even if they absolutely have to have a box, they could at least make it a different colour so it doesn't look like a chunk has been cut out of the yoke.

My real issue though is that the Zurich logo has been printed but still has a blue box around it.
Even if they absolutely have to have a box, they could at least make it a different colour so it doesn't look like a chunk has been cut out of the yoke.
they could have done lest we forget above the numbers??

Given how much they pay for these logos, I don't see why they can't have them in the colour and style they prefer, provided it fits within the AFL's size requirements.
From a purely aesthetic perspective I agree, but in reality...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is the number so GODDAMN low?? Numbers should be up the top just below the back of the neck, not in the middle of the back!
They moved down at the start of 2014

i thought it look shithouse

My god you are posting some absolute trash on this board

Also in regards to the sponsor logos, i'd say that you'll find most companies logos would follow a style guide that means it can't be recoloured, altered, has to be displayed on white, black or X colour background, etc. For the amount of money that a company has to pay to have their logo on the guernsey I'd say that they are well within their right to dictate how they want it presented.

This game was back in 2008 April 25th, no ANZAC badge worn by Freo or Cats

Also is one of the best ANZAC Day games imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back