Game Day Round 5, 2018 - Port v Geelong

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsnap

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
It will be interesting to see how the boys interact with Mots after the game.

He could have 43 players out there who dont like him.

Cmon you good things...

Nap time now.. alarm in 3 hours...

pre game... and then the real stuff...

Stanley - GET IT DONE

Go Catters

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Stanley - GET IT DONE

Rhys Stanley oval. He was so good in that game against Port in his first year at Geelong.

I've been pessimistic about this week and the next two for a while but they are all there to be taken now.

Is Danger a risk of a late out? News has played it up a bit during the week but I didn't think his injury was that bad. It would dent my new found confidence if he didn't play but it seems to be more media chatter than any serious concern amongst people on here.

Mr Meow

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Given our injury list, including all of the detrimental in-game ones, I'd have been stoked to go 3-2 from the first 5. An interstate win can also do wonders for the belief of young players. I think, like the WCE game, it's a big task but certainly doable. The backline group should be starting to gel, forward line looks pretty dangerous and we will again benefit from the opposition failing to have a dominant ruckman. I give us a 50/50 chance.

Munich

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
BVB, LVP
Rhys Stanley oval. He was so good in that game against Port in his first year at Geelong.

I've been pessimistic about this week and the next two for a while but they are all there to be taken now.

Is Danger a risk of a late out? News has played it up a bit during the week but I didn't think his injury was that bad. It would dent my new found confidence if he didn't play but it seems to be more media chatter than any serious concern amongst people on here.

He's playing...

Apr 20, 2008
Sin City
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
No One

I really wish people would stop talking about the Stanley game. What was it 3 years ago now?

Danger will play.

Our backline is still a huge weakness, and I suspect Port will be exploiting it as much as possible tonight. Sorry, but I'm thinking we'll lose this one. Hope I'm wrong.
You make complete sense, but If Blic plays FB, I think our backline will be ok.
There were some games last year where both Lonergan and Mackie together made us look slow and predictable, much as I love them both.
And we looked comfortable without Lonergan v Swans in finals.

BIGANT

Premiership Player
Jan 19, 2006
Glenelg
AFL Club
Geelong
I reckon we're gunna win.
I've that same belief too....but I also think they (PA) will be smarting after last week's game. I just think there's to much to shoulder from the likes of dangerwood, 2e, Stewie. If our mids are off, it's too much for the undermanned and undersized backs.
Will be cracking conditions tonight, it's a nice but stuffy 25' here atm

The problem is he won't be there enough to do any good, CS will be moving him everywhere there's a problem, and there'll be a few tonight.
Bit like when we had Ben Graham take over the captaincy and all the MC wanted 2 of him.

First goal: Hawkins
Last goal: Zuthrie
Most goals: Hawkins
Most disposals: J. Selwood
Most tackles: Scooter
Most marks: Hawkins

Cats by 9

Late change: Henry out for Zuthrie

I reckon we're gunna win.

I read your comment, looked at your avatar + they contradict one another ;) Now I don't know what to think :huh:

That cat cracks me up! :joycat::joycat::joycat:

This game is weird for me, I have no feelings, no excitement, no nerves about a loss, just nothing.

Cmon you good things...

Nap time now.. alarm in 3 hours...

pre game... and then the real stuff...

Stanley - GET IT DONE

Go Catters

Wake up Daz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back