Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think Lewis in is a great addition. Wish him well for his first match this season. Cegs has been down so far this year on his usual output.
I’m still thinking that we are going to upset them on Monday. Everything about Scott and Geelong is about arrogance, that will get you so far. It will be interesting to see at 6pm tomorrow night.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If not kicking goals most weeks and not taking any marks inside 50 is ticking KPI then I’ll eat my hat!

He did kick a goal last week, before being moved to the backline to help cover the losses of both Frawley and Stratton.

Hopefully he gets dropped after this week, where it becomes a non issue.

bhutt0

Senior List
Aug 7, 2009
Collingwood
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You’re lying to suit your narrative, I don’t put down a player every time I post.. like many, others you try and make your point seem more plausible by telling little furphies. As you were.

Beyond Blue would disagree mate. Not even Barrett, Carey or K Cornes target players with such venom. As I’ve mentioned previously, if you feel the need to repeated shred players on social media in such a crude fashion, perhaps go take a walk instead. Namaste

Back to the match. Personally I’m not too concerned whether we win or lose this week. I’m just glad Clarko is using this low-probability win game as an opportunity to experiment... and take away some new insights. Here’s to hoping that Roughy and Nash play with some mongrel this week! Go Hawks

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nash is a really strange choice for whipping boy

I don’t think he’s a whipping boy, I think just about everyone wants to see him do well but most also want us to have the best chance of winning. Does Nash’s performance warrant continued selection? One would assume not looking at his output, he must doing things that we have no idea about.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Beyond Blue would disagree mate. Not even Barrett, Carey or K Cornes target players with such venom. As I’ve mentioned previously, if you feel the need to repeated shred players on social media in such a crude fashion, perhaps go take a walk instead. Namaste

Back to the match. Personally I’m not too concerned whether we win or lose this week. I’m just glad Clarko is using this low-probability win game as an opportunity to experiment... and take away some new insights. Here’s to hoping that Roughy and Nash play with some mongrel this week! Go Hawks

These guys are on show, they play in the public eye.. if you can’t discuss their performances or point out lack there of then what’s the point of this forum? As much as I discuss the negatives, I equally discuss the positives which again most of the nuffies here fail to acknowledge.

Bringing beyond blue in it is inherently unfair and ridiculous, never have I became personal or pot shotted players, these guys in fact would have a lot more forthright conversations and dialogue from within the club. What a pathetic post.

I have to agree with tige19. His posts are fair and balanced. Perhaps the delivery can’t be handled by all, however they are based on merit.

The criticism of Nash is reasonable imo. We all want him to do well and excel. He has loads of upside, however he is learning the game and sometimes learning on the job can be problematic. Needs to gain some momentum at BH eventually.

Massive opportunity beckons for him on Monday. Not convinced he can impact, however I truly hope he does.

Re the selections, the correct calls were made. Cegs has been poor unfortunately after being solid for an extensive period. His dropping was warranted. Mirra cannot be the future and has been dropped twice for a reason. His decision making is simply too slow when needed most. I’ve mentioned this throughout his time as a senior hawk. Great story etc etc, however has reached his ceiling. Not enough at this level unfortunately.

KOLOKOTRONIS

bhutt0

Senior List
Aug 7, 2009
Collingwood
AFL Club
Hawthorn
These guys are on show, they play in the public eye.. if you can’t discuss their performances or point out lack there of then what’s the point of this forum? As much as I discuss the negatives, I equally discuss the positives which again most of the nuffies here fail to acknowledge.

Bringing beyond blue in it is inherently unfair and ridiculous, never have I became personal or pot shotted players, these guys in fact would have a lot more forthright conversations and dialogue from within the club. What a pathetic post.

Call it what you want mate. I know players who read these forums and are affected by it. Bury your head in the sand or cop it on the chin. The fact you aren’t in the public eye and hide behind an alias doesn’t give you a licence to go feral.

We all can’t be wrong can we?

And have a wonderful day

If not kicking goals most weeks and not taking any marks inside 50 is ticking KPI then I’ll eat my hat!
Here ya go.

1555809478990.png

I have to agree with tige19. His posts are fair and balanced. Perhaps the delivery can’t be handled by all, however they are based on merit.

The criticism of Nash is reasonable imo. We all want him to do well and excel. He has loads of upside, however he is learning the game and sometimes learning on the job can be problematic. Needs to gain some momentum at BH eventually.

Massive opportunity beckons for him on Monday. Not convinced he can impact, however I truly hope he does.

Re the selections, the correct calls were made. Cegs has been poor unfortunately after being solid for an extensive period. His dropping was warranted. Mirra cannot be the future and has been dropped twice for a reason. His decision making is simply too slow when needed most. I’ve mentioned this throughout his time as a senior hawk. Great story etc etc, however has reached his ceiling. Not enough at this level unfortunately.

KOLOKOTRONIS
Bullshit. If it were based on merit, none of the players he bags would ever get selected. He just doesn't like a player and bags them every opportunity. After a few years it wears a bit thin.

GRUMBLEGUTS

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks

how is fair criticism made out to making someone a whipping boy?

a whipping boy is someone blamed for other peoples faults, so if Nash is the whipping boy in your mind, who is at fault? or are you unwilling to inform us of your opinion? making your whipping boy comment meaningless..... man up and take some responsibility and name the person that is causing Nash to be unfairly criticised

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Was he dual ruck setup insurance against the new rules? And now it’s not seen as needed so much

Also I saw extra arcs drawn on the Waverley surface. Anyone know or guess what that’s about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Call it what you want mate. I know players who read these forums and are affected by it. Bury your head in the sand or cop it on the chin. The fact you aren’t in the public eye and hide behind an alias doesn’t give you a licence to go feral.

We all can’t be wrong can we?

And have a wonderful day

Well if players are searching these forums they are only doing it to stroke their own egos, why on earth would they come here to view opinions of arm chair critics? It’s ridiculous. If the posts here effect them then how do they handle the abuse over the fence? What about when they get a spray from Clarko or any of the coaches? This place is to discuss all things our footy club, that included performances of players both good and bad.

I have no issues with any of the players, but as is the case in the real world I have some I like better than others and will support those guys more vocally than others. It’s with that last point that you absolutely can not handle it, the fact I prefer to see others in the side than the likes of Mirra, TOB and the current version of Conor Nash.

My opinion (like yours) means SFA, I am comfortable with that and I suggest you get some comfort from it to. Bless

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
how is fair criticism made out to making someone a whipping boy?

a whipping boy is someone blamed for other peoples faults, so if Nash is the whipping boy in your mind, who is at fault? or are you unwilling to inform us of your opinion? making your whipping boy comment meaningless..... man up and take some responsibility

I’m thinking the criticisms aren’t so confident if people are so touchy. The position is up for grabs though

I see on the whole the team will corral or harass rather than tackle. But sometimes they do tackle.

It looks like since Nash has been in the team that Gunston has struggled. I don’t know what Nash is doing to keep getting games but he doesn’t do enough as a forward and simply has no presence in that forward-line. I would like to see him become a regular goal kicking forward and not someone who averages 10 disposals and 1 tackle per game.

Is Nash causing Gunston's worrying drop in accuracy?

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is Nash causing Gunston's worrying drop in accuracy?

This I agree with, Gunno is only accuracy away from leading the league in goals.. really strange he has been so off, but he is a legitimate star just needs to make the most of his chances.

becalm

Club Legend
Apr 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm really looking forward to see if Lewis has improved since his 2 games last year, you would hope he has. It is a big ask against a team like Geelong. Clarko often throws players in the deep end. I would imagine he would get a game next week irrespective of how he goes tomorrow. Anyway all the best to him. Hope Nash has a good game so he can silence all the his critics. it really becomes tiresome reading all the posts about him on here which basically have the same message.

Last edited:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Well if players are searching these forums they are only doing it to stroke their own egos, why on earth would they come here to view opinions of arm chair critics? It’s ridiculous. If the posts here effect them then how do they handle the abuse over the fence? What about when they get a spray from Clarko or any of the coaches? This place is to discuss all things our footy club, that included performances of players both good and bad.

I have no issues with any of the players, but as is the case in the real world I have some I like better than others and will support those guys more vocally than others. It’s with that last point that you absolutely can not handle it, the fact I prefer to see others in the side than the likes of Mirra, TOB and the current version of Conor Nash.

My opinion (like yours) means SFA, I am comfortable with that and I suggest you get some comfort from it to. Bless

even though i disagree with you on Mirra, i appreciate your opinions and that you put your opinions out there, there just seems to be 2 groups on bigfooty over the years, 1. those that will criticise and put their opinions out there about players, coaches and admin....2. those that support whatever the club does no matter what

and there happens to be conflict between the 2 as the group that criticises gets attacked for not being supportive enough and the group supporting no matter what gets labelled cheerleaders and dont help the club when the club is going in the wrong direction.

OnceKicked50

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t think he’s a whipping boy, I think just about everyone wants to see him do well but most also want us to have the best chance of winning. Does Nash’s performance warrant continued selection? One would assume not looking at his output, he must doing things that we have no idea about.

Dude.

Alternatively, he has played 9 games. Have you considered he is getting games because the club wants to develop him long term? And the best place to do that is at AFL level?

C'mon man, it's not that hard.

I think some need to consider we are not contending this year, and it's important for our ambitions next year and beyond we get games into blokes being identified with potential to play a role for us.

Every game Nash plays at the AFL level is better for us long term. Start looking at the glimpses of talent, very few young kids are consistent, instead of potting him five times a day.

If you still feel the need to blame someone for our inconsistent start, start looking at how inconsistent Bruest, Poppy and Gunston have been. Has Smith been named in our best yet?

Stratton has been poor, love him but he has. And Dimma, well down on last season.

A 9 game 20 year old Irishman isn't the reason we are 2-2 mate. But, it might be the reason we are better in 2020.

Last edited:
Au Contraire. He's the perfect choice Just good enough to get picked every week. Just at the right stage of development to actually have an effect, so they can claim they were right all along.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dude.

Alternatively, he has played 9 games. Have you considered he is getting games because the club wants to develop him long term? And the best place to do that is at AFL level?

C'mon man, it's not that hard.

I think some need to consider we are not contending this year, and it's important for our ambitions next year and beyond we get games into blokes being identified with potential to play a role for us.

Every game Nash plays at the AFL level is better for us long term. Start looking at the glimpses of talent, very few young kids are consistent, instead of potting him five times a day.

If you still feel the need to blame someone for our inconsistent start, start looking at how inconsistent Bruest, Poppy and Gunston have been. Has Smith been named in our best yet?

Stratton has been poor, love him but he has. And Dimma, well down on last season.

A 9 game 20 year old Irishman isn't the reason we are 2-2 mate. But, it might be the reason we are better in 2020.

I don’t feel Clarko or the club put out nor do they accept we are transitioning and not competing, whilst I don’t think we can win a flag in 2019 I still think we have ambitions to play finals. Listen, I accept and support whoever Clarko and the MC select however I just prefer others at this stage. It’s pretty simple right?

even though i disagree with you on Mirra, i appreciate your opinions and that you put your opinions out there, there just seems to be 2 groups on bigfooty over the years, 1. those that will criticise and put their opinions out there about players, coaches and admin....2. those that support whatever the club does no matter what

and there happens to be conflict between the 2 as the group that criticises gets attacked for not being supportive enough and the group supporting no matter what gets labelled cheerleaders and dont help the club when the club is going in the wrong direction.
There are some that criticise players players, when that player is up for discussion and others who just bring them up in every post. I'm all for people saying this player is struggling a bit, this guy needs to lift, this guy is out of form and a run in the magoos might help. What I find tedious is 17 posts in a row, in case no one knows your opinion on this guy or that guy.

On another note I am far more confident in us in this match than I was a week ago.

OnceKicked50

Cancelled
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t feel Clarko or the club put out nor do they accept we are transitioning and not competing, whilst I don’t think we can win a flag in 2019 I still think we have ambitions to play finals. Listen, I accept and support whoever Clarko and the MC select however I just prefer others at this stage. It’s pretty simple right?

You can transition and remain competitive.

Who do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back