Preview Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 20th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Demons

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 56 72.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible to have multiple breakout performances?

I guess it is, as long as you're willing to accept that acres has had plenty of 'break in' performances.... between his 'break out' performances.
Acres still is only 23 and hasn't played 60 games yet - this is his year , when playing in the midfield he seems to have poise and time and this is truly a sign of a very good player.
He will be a big factor this year how many games we win.

If we were able to bring in ex basketballer Damian Keogh to assist with spatial awareness and somehow coax Ollie vines over from Port to help out in the midfield, I believe Cho would grow a new leg.
The inundation of Cho, Keogh, Vines influence on the club would be totally out of control.

Done less than NOK and he got the boot pretty quickly. I feel Delineating Linguistilands may suffer a similar fate.

Not so sure, he has serious hurt factor with his pace and explosive ability from the stoppage. He's also got a thumping kick.

NOK won plenty of the ball but didn't hurt, Dalton doesn't win enough but can hurt.

Early signs are he is winning a bit more of it this year so far

We’re really going to miss Parker if he’s out. That sneak up tackle on Breust was huge in the context of the game, and it’s the type of tackle that most players won’t make because they’re don’t have a hunting attitude.

If he is injured I’d like to see Young come in as a like for like to play the same role. Swapping Parker for a midfielder will really hurt our forward pressure which has been a weapon so far this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done less than NOK and he got the boot pretty quickly. I feel Delineating Linguistilands may suffer a similar fate.
He had glandular fever last season and several injuries llRC. Also been doing some nice things at Sandy so far and looked like he just needed some confidence from what l saw.

He had glandular fever last season and several injuries llRC. Also been doing some nice things at Sandy so far and looked like he just needed some confidence from what l saw.
Langlands is another young kid that is developing - they just need time , they say the kid is looking good , but a few in front of him atm.

Minimal changes. Young for Parker (if injured) Geary to come in for McKenzie, keep Paton in the team...the kid did okay, and deserves a shot. Kent gets another go, I'm convinced he's doing something that we're missing on here. I'd like to see Hind, and Marsh at some point...but our backline is holding up nicely, so no need to tamper with the ingredients.

Minimal changes. Young for Parker (if injured) Geary to come in for McKenzie, keep Paton in the team...the kid did okay, and deserves a shot. Kent gets another go, I'm convinced he's doing something that we're missing on here. I'd like to see Hind, and Marsh at some point...but our backline is holding up nicely, so no need to tamper with the ingredients.
I expect they will all get a chance during the year through injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe I'm saying this but it is not beyond the realm of possibility that Marshall Steven Steele Ross Billings Gresham Hannebery could soon be an A grade midfield combination.
Not bad when you also add in Newnes and Sincs, who are going well again, GOAT Acres, and Hunter coming through.

I think we'll beat the Dees who will basically melt like ice cream after a pretence of resistance. I like our chances against the Crows at the docklands too. Then the real test comes against GWS in Canberra, followed by the winner and loser of the previous grand final. I reckon we'll come out of those next 5 games with 3/4 wins, by which time we'll be 6 wins from 9 games heading into the game against Carltoon.

Funny thing is I think we're overperforming in a lot of ways, and riding the positive vibes. In other ways I think a few of our players are finally starting to perform according to their potential. I wonder if our energy, determination, organisation and small pockets of skill will be enough to beat the best.

I did think we were fairly chaotic at times against the Hawks, but I genuinely miss a lot of the good stuff certain players do. I think we have embraced the chaos and have learnt how to win with it, which is why I wonder what will happen when we come up against teams who can use their skills to cut through it or who also thrive in chaos.

Interesting times ahead!

if Pierce is fit might it be worth playing him as second ruck for this game ? If we try Acres , Bruce or Wilkie against Preuss we might be in big trouble . Certainly worth thinking about .
Assuming Dmac and Parker might miss . Maybe Gears for Dmac , and Steven if ok or Young for Parker .
if we do want to play Pierce maybe Kent would make way . Paton played so well he might be safe hopefully .

Its weird but thank god for some injuries because otherwise we wouldnt be seeing some of these great young players already , lol.
If Robbo and Carlisle had been fit we probably wouldnt have seen Wilkie yet , he took his chance and he has been awesome so far , looks more like a 200 gamer than someone playing his first few games.

Comparing nok
Not so sure, he has serious hurt factor with his pace and explosive ability from the stoppage. He's also got a thumping kick.

NOK won plenty of the ball but didn't hurt, Dalton doesn't win enough but can hurt.

Early signs are he is winning a bit more of it this year so far
I reckon phillips is more comparable with nok.

if Pierce is fit might it be worth playing him as second ruck for this game ? If we try Acres , Bruce or Wilkie against Preuss we might be in big trouble . Certainly worth thinking about .
Assuming Dmac and Parker might miss . Maybe Gears for Dmac , and Steven if ok or Young for Parker .
if we do want to play Pierce maybe Kent would make way . Paton played so well he might be safe hopefully .

Its weird but thank god for some injuries because otherwise we wouldnt be seeing some of these great young players already , lol.
If Robbo and Carlisle had been fit we probably wouldnt have seen Wilkie yet , he took his chance and he has been awesome so far , looks more like a 200 gamer than someone playing his first few games.
Preuss is no better than Ceglar and that didn't work that well for the Hawks. The bigger problem is whether the defence can contain Gawn if they try and utilise him forward a bit more.

Assuming DMac and Parker don't get up I'd be hoping for Gears and Stuv to come in.

My boy Paton has now played both forward and back and while we may lose some pressure if he played forward this week his decision making and kicking skills are a plus if he was needed forward at times.

Won't happen just yet but I'd love to see Robbie Young on the MCG parked around the the 50 metre line.

I think the club should just come out and say Stuv is week to week...

Can tell Richo is protecting him "no he just wasn't right to play" in his presser..

We'd be favourites this week if available imo.

Their key posts are putrid, if we break even in the middle and don't bomb the ball to Gawn we will pick them apart..

Lids officially off with a good win this week, I'm not confident but hopeful

I think we'll beat the Dees who will basically melt like ice cream after a pretence of resistance. I like our chances against the Crows at the docklands too. Then the real test comes against GWS in Canberra, followed by the winner and loser of the previous grand final. I reckon we'll come out of those next 5 games with 3/4 wins, by which time we'll be 6 wins from 9 games heading into the game against Carltoon.

Funny thing is I think we're overperforming in a lot of ways, and riding the positive vibes. In other ways I think a few of our players are finally starting to perform according to their potential. I wonder if our energy, determination, organisation and small pockets of skill will be enough to beat the best.

I did think we were fairly chaotic at times against the Hawks, but I genuinely miss a lot of the good stuff certain players do. I think we have embraced the chaos and have learnt how to win with it, which is why I wonder what will happen when we come up against teams who can use their skills to cut through it or who also thrive in chaos.

Interesting times ahead!

If the hawks can't do it others will struggle too. We looked most shaky up against chaos to me. GC were breaking down our system with speed and playing on at all cost.

We can't get ahead of ourselves , Melbourne is a top 8 side and we will have to play the best football we have played this year to beat them.
I myself would bring in Steven for Hunter and if Steven can't play I would bring in Dunstan , I just feel Viney , Oliver , Jones , Harmes and Brayshaw would over power a young kid with a light frame and we are better off with the bigger bodies.
We have to treat every game as a final and play the strongest team every week.
The next 5 games against Demons , Crows , GWS , Eagles , Magpies will tell us if we will be playing finals.
Things can fall apart very quick especially if we get a blow out this week then get brutally destroyed in the following weeks.

I feel we only make limited changes and you will see in the upcoming weeks we are going to be stretched , because no way we will get through these games unscathed.
Would of been handy to have a Hannebery to throw into the mix in these upcoming games.

We can again take it up to the Demons but we need Membery and Bruce to impact the game to give us a chance.
We can win but it will be tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back