Preview Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 20th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Demons

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 56 72.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me chos just a media puppet now. Stucs thing is the great unknown. Hes had to carry this club for years. A year off to sort it out will be good for him. Could add a few more years to his playing days. They need to stop saying he may or may not play. Last thing he needs is to be in the media every week. Put him on the lti and get a mid in the midseason draft.
What nonsense.

Gawn has smashed everyone in hit outs this year yet they have struggled. The midfield will know they are going to lose so their set up is vital

I'm far more concerned with gawn v acres either fwd or back in marking contests than anything to do with hitouts.

Gawn killed us last year basically playing as a rance/mcgovern style intercept marking defender.

I'm far more concerned with gawn v acres either fwd or back in marking contests than anything to do with hitouts.

Gawn killed us last year basically playing as a rance/mcgovern style intercept marking defender.

He certainly did and that’s where our rucks need to get into dangerous positions. As good as he played we still won though so they beatable even if he plays well.

Trust me chos just a media puppet now. Stucs thing is the great unknown. Hes had to carry this club for years. A year off to sort it out will be good for him. Could add a few more years to his playing days. They need to stop saying he may or may not play. Last thing he needs is to be in the media every week. Put him on the lti and get a mid in the midseason draft.
I have that up there. Be hard to beat in 2019 and maybe 20

As long as Parker keeps hurting blokes the way he is I can't see him getting dropped. He didn't have a great game against the Hawks but still had some huge moments and left at least two or three players really hurting from his tackles.

As long as that's the case I think he keeps his place. He has made us a tougher team.

Changes for this week will be interesting. Despite having a lot of injuries, the firsts are playing well and it's tough to break in. Would probably have to be Geary in for Paton, Steven for Kent if he's available. Would love a look at Hind but not sure how he gets in unless they figure someone needs a rest or DMac doesn't get up.

Always hard to break into a winning side,many factors come into play & even if you've had a stinker previous credits come into it,match ups or even not having a direct replacement can mean no change.

Coaches like continuity & feel comfortable with what he feels will works for him a bit of trust factor the max changes without injury this week would be 2 only that's Geary in for Patton & he's stiff but once again it's that trust factor with Gears.

Steven is the hard one no actual game for 2 weeks makes it a hard decision even if he say's he's right to go.

Kent will play he has intel from Melb which they will use & once again a trust factor that he finds something against the old mob.

So for me it's Gears in for Patton & if they pull the trigger on Steven it will be Clark again.

Our list doesn't read pretty but it's super effective for the way we play. Melbourne are like some 50 year old accountant that went out and bought a convertible Mustang, at the moment you got a bit ahead of yourselves and started to hit the dating sites, you were feeling pretty good but first date and you went a bit fast and the toupee blew off and the fake tan started running in the sun. Saints are more like a pig shooters ute with a Max Max crew hanging over the side. You campaigners just took a wrong turn and are about to feel pain of a wrong turn into a bad neighbourhood.

Classic.

As others have said the difference between a 6 day and 9 day break will probably be significant to the result. But they are beatable at the moment. If we bring our best then we could still surprise them. Confidence is everything.

Our slow starts are a worry though. Eventually that catches up with you. You can't keep playing catch up and keep winning. Brisbane found that out last week.

As for Kent, the fact we are playing his old side will probably save him. Not convinced he's got the weapons to remain in our best 22. I can see us respelling his surname on here if things continue.

As long as Parker keeps hurting blokes the way he is I can't see him getting dropped. He didn't have a great game against the Hawks but still had some huge moments and left at least two or three players really hurting from his tackles.

As long as that's the case I think he keeps his place. He has made us a tougher team.

Changes for this week will be interesting. Despite having a lot of injuries, the firsts are playing well and it's tough to break in. Would probably have to be Geary in for Paton, Steven for Kent if he's available. Would love a look at Hind but not sure how he gets in unless they figure someone needs a rest or DMac doesn't get up.
Agree with these changes..

There is no chance parker gets dropped unless he is hurt , 3rd for the team in pressure acts with the least game time at 66%, due to getting some work done on his calf (mckenzie excepted). Only trailing ross and steele who spend the whole game on the ball. If his role is a hunting defensive small forward, it has to be rewarded.

Agree Hind is getting possessions no doubt but what is noticeable with Hind & Dunstan yesterday considerably noticeable watching the game live is all there
interested in is stats & not team play all they wanted to see was stats next to their name to put their name up there in front of the coaches, Dunstan totally has no respect for any listed Sandy player & Hind trying to hard to bust a gut.

No cohesion between Sandy players & saints players due to saints players looking after them self's.
That is total rubbish. Maybe need to watch more of Hind's games. He only plays for the team

As others have said the difference between a 6 day and 9 day break will probably be significant to the result. But they are beatable at the moment. If we bring our best then we could still surprise them. Confidence is everything.

Our slow starts are a worry though. Eventually that catches up with you. You can't keep playing catch up and keep winning. Brisbane found that out last week.

As for Kent, the fact we are playing his old side will probably save him. Not convinced he's got the weapons to remain in our best 22. I can see us respelling his surname on here if things continue.
There is actually pretty minimal evidence that six day breaks make a difference. In the 2017 season teams coming off a six day break won 46.73% (so a 3.27% difference). Meanwhile for the 8 years up to 2014, teams won 48% of the time.

So it's pretty overblown. Player recover in the first few days, the only thing it really impacts is the amount of training they can get in. Anyway, we'll be fine, we are the fittest team in the competition after all!

https://www.theroar.com.au/2014/10/30/rts-2015-afl-fixture-breaks-matter/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All year ? Two Vfl games , two Jlt ,one interclub and not full games. REALLY

Yes really. He hasn't trained as a small forward. How unfair would it be to then bring him in as a small forward. I can just about be certain that if he plays in will be in the backline. One intraclub? Id say at least 5. And you do realise they have been training since they were drafted and probably had games as early as December between themselves.

Yes really. He hasn't trained as a small forward. How unfair would it be to then bring him in as a small forward. I can just about be certain that if he plays in will be in the backline. One intraclub? Id say at least 5. And you do realise they have been training since they were drafted and probably had games as early as December between themselves.
I agree, it looks like we've got something special in our hands with hind, let's not mess it up. When he comes in he should play where he's been dominating in the VFL, let's not mess him up by sticking him in the forward pocket (aka no man's land)

Our list doesn't read pretty but it's super effective for the way we play. Melbourne are like some 50 year old accountant that went out and bought a convertible Mustang, at the moment you got a bit ahead of yourselves and started to hit the dating sites, you were feeling pretty good but first date and you went a bit fast and the toupee blew off and the fake tan started running in the sun. Saints are more like a pig shooters ute with a Max Max crew hanging over the side. You campaigners just took a wrong turn and are about to feel pain of a wrong turn into a bad neighbourhood.

Thoughts sunny3193 ?

Didn't you also make an observation & comment on Robbie Young after the Footscray vfl game saying he plays for himself & goes down with an injury when beaten ,mmm

Well from what I have been told the first part is certainly true. No idea about the injury part. Cant comment on Hind. Have no idea.

I see that Lewis is listed as being available; if they play him off the half back flank they'll be doing us a solid as I suspect he'd be pretty underdone in his first game of the year. Longer term they need his leadership of course, but just for Saturday's game it's a small thing in our favour.

This thread is about Melbourne v St.Kilda on Saturday.

I have deleted and will continue deleting posts that are off-topic and not relevant to this thread.

I would suggest keeping your views on other matters to yourself.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back