Preview Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 20th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Demons

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 56 72.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot here suffer from “the grass is always greener” syndrome.

I suppose it is natural, when you are so close to a list, to look just for the negatives and it does help when we don’t -at the moment- have an out an out star like Cripps, and the media keeps harping on about the fact that we have an ordinary list with no stars. And that we win, mind you, because other teams are off their game or injured!!

Add this to the natural pessimism of Saints supporters ( for good reason) and you get what you read!

Then you include what looks like will be very, very good players in Walsh, Rozee, Lukosious...pick a name...while we have to wait to see Max King, who we are pinning all our hopes on, despite the fact that he’s coming off a knee, having already been burnt by our number 1 pick for obvious reasons. ( Not having a go at Paddy, but the facts are facts.)

Then there’s Richo...well I’m not even going to go there it’s been such a divisive topic on here.

So there’s a little insight into the Psyche of a Saints tragic. Thanks for your post.

Nah, we just have a pretty average list. We have less stars than most clubs and are very no name. Most of our players who looked high potential last year went backwards like Billings and Newnes. We are very even but have very few blue chips players. This year we have a few that made up ground and are showing a lot more. Carlton have a few more obvious high potential kids that get lots of hype but their overall list is patchy and young. If we play team footy we can over come a lack of star power but the list needs to keep improving and more players need to keep stepping up to become A grade or elite to go further.

I have been the most vociferous critic of Kent and I can tell you I want him to perform like Acres did Sunday too. I just prefer Young or even Hind to play in stead of him. I have nothing against him, he's just not been earning his spot and he's old enough to need to earn it not get gifted games.

Suggesting there is a cult of Acres is silly, most people enjoy talking him up, we know he's a bit inconsistent but he's shown patches between injuries that show what he might be. I haven't seen Kent called fat and useless or anyone say send him back to Melbourne on here.

I can assure you there is a cult of Acres.

They meet once a week on Thursday night and sacrifice a baby goat whilst burning an effigy of Cho.

Netflix is bringing out a docu-series about it next year called Selecting Bambi: The secret story of the Blacres Dozen.

I have been the most vociferous critic of Kent and I can tell you I want him to perform like Acres did Sunday too. I just prefer Young or even Hind to play in stead of him. I have nothing against him, he's just not been earning his spot and he's old enough to need to earn it not get gifted games.

Suggesting there is a cult of Acres is silly, most people enjoy talking him up, we know he's a bit inconsistent but he's shown patches between injuries that show what he might be. I haven't seen Kent called fat and useless or anyone say send him back to Melbourne on here.
An Acres cultist would deny there was a cult, because that what kool aid cultists do.

gringo2011 clearly has zero taste in automobiles.

I used to own one, not those modern ones though, '66, it was kind of like the saints, unreliable, uncomfortable ride but loveable.

. I haven't seen Kent called fat and useless or anyone say send him back to Melbourne on here.

Well I have read them on here, each and every one of them.

The critisism of him have been extreme while Acres plays half a game and the cultists get the vapours.

Obviously supercoach and mini bus thought he wasn't the second coming, didnt get one coaches vote.

The victory lap of the cultists was incredible on Sunday night.

Personally, it was the best I have seen Acres play but what he did should be his minimum. He is capable of so much more.

And he needs to do it consistently which I reckon he can do as the team is playing better and it can lift everyone. And he looks fit and injury free.

He is capable of leading and taking a game by the scruff of the neck.

Rucking him for short periods I reckon gets him into the action but I agree he should not be centre square. Gawn will injure him.

Looking forward to him finally breaking out and fulfilling his potential.

Apparently they also stand around like space cadets, confusing the crap out of each other...
I have heard the password is Jim Jones, and when they stand in a circle with a new member in the middle, instead of the Gatorade bukkake, they use kool aid, but nobody is game to drink it.

I just hope the boy's realize they will have to really improve this week to beat the Demons , Acres , Parker , Kent , Bruce , Membery , Sinclair , Long have to now show consistent footy over 4 quarters or we will get beaten.
We have done well so far just battling to beat mid table teams , they now have to come out and tear into the Dees from the first bounce.

Personally, it was the best I have seen Acres play but what he did should be his minimum. He is capable of so much more.

See that's the issue right there, your memory just isn't great. He's played plenty the same or better in the past. He's had plenty of injuries in between as well.

All the other cultist talk is just baiting/noise. Most of those sticking up for Acres are doing it purely based on his footy and performances from 2016-18 when played in the midfield.

Want to debate those breakout performances he had in the midfield? Fine, it's a footy forum, I and others sticking up for him are more than happy to hear why you think his performances against GWS a couple of times and Melbourne a couple of times (among others) as a midfielder in that time did not impress you. If you can't remember them, watch them again.

The rest is just nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See that's the issue right there, your memory just isn't great. He's played plenty the same or better in the past. He's had plenty of injuries in between as well.

All the other cultist talk is just baiting/noise. Most of those sticking up for Acres are doing it purely based on his footy and performances from 2016-18 when played in the midfield.

Want to debate those breakout performances he had in the midfield? Fine, it's a footy forum, I and others sticking up for him are more than happy to hear why you think his performances against GWS a couple of times and Melbourne a couple of times (among others) as a midfielder in that time did not impress you. If you can't remember them, watch them again.

The rest is just nonsense.
If you mean wing as midfield I’d agree. Don’t think he did to much middle work because I remember all the whinging about that

If you mean wing as midfield I’d agree. Don’t think he did to much middle work because I remember all the whinging about that
Yeah I'd tend to agree about the wing as well over him being a starting centre square clearance type midfielder as I don't always feel his reflexes are up to being a clearance beast. He's really good and composed in traffic once the game is up and going around the middle/wing.

I wouldn't necessarily rule him out of him becoming a clearance mid eventually but his centre square clearance work as a mid isn't his strength at this stage of his career.

I can assure you there is a cult of Acres.
They meet once a week on Thursday night and sacrifice a baby goat whilst burning an effigy of Cho.

Apparently they also stand around like space cadets, confusing the crap out of each other...

I have heard the password is Jim Jones, and when they stand in a circle with a new member in the middle, instead of the Gatorade bukkake, they use kool aid, but nobody is game to drink it.

As a self-confessed “Acres cultist” I’m really very irritated that no one has told me about all this. Sounds like fun!

I guess I’ll just have to settle for watching him streaming through opposition players, evading tacklers, marking one-handedly and kicking laconically to the forwards for a goal, confusing teammates and opposition alike while finally playing in positions best suited to his immense goat-like skills. Ah well....

An Acres cultist would deny there was a cult, because that what kool aid cultists do.

Not denying there is a cult at all. It consists of some of the greatest football minds in history & gaining access to the group is extremely competitive. I’m happy for you to apply but there’s no guarantee you will be successful. Good luck!

Just jealous of our jizz bucket dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back