Autopsy Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I do have a roast - why the hell wasn't there Little League at halftime? Two Melbourne-based teams playing on the G the last weekend of school holidays, perfect conditions for some littlies to get on the ground and live the dream for a short time

Got to give credit to the coaches. If it was a popularity competition Kent doesnt play.

Personally thought he hadn’t been crash hot, but happy to admit I was wrong.

What is it that makes beating Melbourne so sweet?
Knocking the arrogant flogs down a peg always makes my heart smile.
And not letting sniping flogs like this get the last laugh is pretty great too.

I was glad when lewis was picked today. Was a liability for them. I think his career has about 4 s**t games left in it.

I’m the same but sometimes they do know more

I’d say mostly.
Although, it appears that rotating more players through the middle, something we were begging for last season, is bearing fruit. Sadly it does appear that it works better when Dunstan isn’t playing though.

Jeez where do you even start.

There’s the obvious in Billings and Gresham, but what makes this even more impressive is that Steven is barely having an impact and we’re 4-1. Who would have guessed that.

If you told me two years ago we would beat Melbourne in contested ball and clearances I would’ve asked what planet was that game played on. What an awesome turnaround.

The defence is awesome. Our biggest fault the past few years is the run of goals we could never stop. We can now with a basically no name defence.

McKenzie unlucky to be concussed because right now you cannot bring him back in. Might be a slightly better defender than Paton but with ball in hand there is no comparison.

Have to love the method we’re playing with. Quicker forwards, putting our class in the middle, no more plodders (Paddy, Dunstan, Rice) and look at the results. Long way to go but early signs are awesome, nothing like last year.

Sinclair 14 contested to go with 11 last week since spending more time in the middle. How manny times have we said it, KEEP HIM THERE.

4-1 yeeeooowww.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say mostly.
Although, it appears that rotating more players through the middle, something we were begging for last season, is bearing fruit. Sadly it does appear that it works better when Dunstan isn’t playing though.
Yep. Because it’s vital they can play elsewhere.

Covered some ground there!

Am I wrong or is that Oliver he's running with in the defensive 50 - who is left cooked in the centre as Parker kicks his goal?

That's a great clip there Hubnester......your highlight circle shows just what a super impressive ammount of effort Parker put in......with the absolute just reward of a goal.

Noticed this little snipe in the Footy Live app during Q1. Thought it was an odd comment and pretty poor form. Probs some salty Dees supporter.View attachment 658763

Bet they came out with something like “Kent with his 3rd goal, showing why the Saints pursued him in the off season”. Knob ends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back