Autopsy Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Its been great that we can bring in a player like Paton and he fits in seamlessly , we will get injuries during the season so our depth will help us a hell of a lot.
I feel Marsh , Hind , McKenzie , Joyce can all be inserted into the team and perform as thought the personnel has not changed.
We get a Carlisle back and we will be in great shape.
Acres is getting better every game - din't pick up as many touches as he has in some other games but was very influential and Sinclair just seams to be showing his true worth.
O'K we where battling with there midfield today , but they do have one of the best midfields in the game - Gawn fed Oliver, Brayshaw and Viney and we were still able to out play them.

i wouldnt worry. just had a read on the Dees board and they have
a 2 page discussion about getting rid of petracca.
overated flog

He looked the least of their problems, I reckon Jordan Lewis and an underdone Jetta were much worse...and actually Mc Donald sucked balls compared to last year.

You missed the best bit where little jack lonie gets in gawns face (well his belly button) to tell him all about it!

Or when Lones bumped Jones off the ball. He's like a Chuckie doll, at first he looks cute then the fangs come out.

Like a certain little tiprat we all used to know!

My old man is convinced lonies house is full of funhouse mirrors that make him look 7ft tall.

It's the only viable explanation for his attitude on field!

The littlest guy in Carrum Downs would get pretty tough.

The semens

I have a mate who calls us the Aints all the time and I started calling them the Dream-ons and he absolutely goes nuts about it. He's less emotionally regulated than me in regards to footy...fair effort. I'll have to see if he likes the Semens better

It's a happy Saints board tonight but where are our whipping boys?

Lonie Billings and Kent are all off the hook, Raph Clarke has retired.

First time I can remember we haven't had a spud to whip.

We need to bring back Robert Eddy.

How in god's name did that campaigner play in 2 GFs when we had Steven on the sidelines?

F***ing Ross Lyon.

Savage is like Mc Veigh at the moment too. Kent has really ruined a good thing I had going tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not remove the lid my friend. If we can get a win over Collingwood, West Coast or Richmond, I’ll start to get optimistic.

So too early to get the Streak part II going? 2 massive weeks of awesome footy.

It sure if he’s got much of a mention but Nathan brown was really good today ... been good all year probably excluding his rusty first game back

He's moving around so much better, he's fit as * ATM. He's chasing and hitting hard.

Fantastic performance by the entire team, the switch to drafting mature players has reaped some rewards for sure, their will be tests to come no doubt but the way the saints are not only playing individually but collectively as a team is absolutely fantastic.

Sadly due to work commitments I haven't been able to make it to a live game since that first match where we grimly held on against the suns, but my schedule has opened up, and I can't wait to scream the house down against Adelaide this weekend, Saturday's already too far away !!!!

Defence was always gonna kill Melbourne - the writing was on the wall but fm was it at an elevated level today.

It'll be interesting going forward as to which team does the best at trying to break down saints backline.

Members marking is back in full glory. it's funny preseason everyone was talking about Gresh's contract and how he was our A grader. Well Gresh is doing fine but Billings is absolutely creaming it. So important.

I'd be looking to nail down these guys with contracts asap. C'mon Jimmy G get it done.

I know it’s my hobby horse but can we officially call hit outs the most overrated stat in football.

And Marshall will be a star ruckman. Game 4 as a first ruck. Got beaten but still contributes unbelievably well

Probably his worst game this year today but still better to have him than a full time ruck that doesn't win a heap more hitouts to advantage but nothing else. It looked like we had taken a Shetland pony to the Melbourne cup after they broke from the middle for the first goal though.

Covered some ground there!

Am I wrong or is that Oliver he's running with in the defensive 50 - who is left cooked in the centre as Parker kicks his goal?
That's great perception there mate. Certainly feeds into the Melbourne downhill skiers/one way runners label.

EDIT: It looks to me like a Wagner, not Oliver. That would make more sense positional wise as well.

Last edited:
Covered some ground there!

Am I wrong or is that Oliver he's running with in the defensive 50 - who is left cooked in the centre as Parker kicks his goal?
Inspirational stuff from the predator there!!!!

Great one to show to the team during the week, never give up.

Loved his celebration too!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back