Autopsy Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

he's good on the hunt parker. when they get caught they get hurt.

long and parker give us a point of difference inside there

if kent can straighten up his clangers and gresh continues to have an impact interchanging with stuv, we have a pretty good fwd 50 to work with
Thought Kent did well.

20 touches and his passing was spot on Imo.

Really only kicked 2 goals and one miss.

If he could clock those numbers weekly I'd be stoked.

Always interesting to try to work out how the coaches score it. I'd say

8 (5+3) Tim Membrey (STK)
7 (5+2 or 4+3) Jack Billings (STK)
7 (5+2 or 4+3) Dean Kent (STK)
4 (4) Jarryn Geary (STK)
2 (2) Jack Newnes (STK)
1 (1) Jack Steele (STK)
1 (1) Ben Paton (STK)

It’s like sudoku.

Billing’s more likely than Kent to get the 5, so:

7 (5+2) Jack Billings (STK)
7 (4+3) Dean Kent (STK)
4 (4 )Jarryn Geary (STK)
2 (2) Jack Newnes (STK)
1 (1) Jack Steele (STK)
1 (1) Ben Paton (STK)

I’d even go further and guess:

GOODWIN:
5 Billing’s
4 Kent
3 Membrey
2 Newnes
1 Steele

CHO:
5 Membrey
4 Geary
3 Kent
2 Billing’s
1 Paton

Importantly Kent in BOTH coaches votes. So he’s gone from being on the outer to in the best. Earns a one week reprieve.

he's good on the hunt parker. when they get caught they get hurt.

long and parker give us a point of difference inside there

if kent can straighten up his clangers and gresh continues to have an impact interchanging with stuv, we have a pretty good fwd 50 to work with

He reminds me of Byron Pickett back in the old days. You see him approaching someone and you can't help feeling sorry for who ever gets in his sights. You know that if he gets them they are going to be getting up slowly.

It’s like sudoku.

Billing’s more likely than Kent to get the 5, so:

7 (5+2) Jack Billings (STK)
7 (4+3) Dean Kent (STK)
4 (4 )Jarryn Geary (STK)
2 (2) Jack Newnes (STK)
1 (1) Jack Steele (STK)
1 (1) Ben Paton (STK)

I’d even go further and guess:

GOODWIN:
5 Billing’s
4 Kent
3 Membrey
2 Newnes
1 Steele

CHO:
5 Membrey
4 Geary
3 Kent
2 Billing’s
1 Paton

Importantly Kent in BOTH coaches votes. So he’s gone from being on the outer to in the best. Earns a one week reprieve.
And well done to Paton getting a vote in his 5th game.
That's an outstanding effort.

He figured they were close enough to overrun us. Certainly appeared very complacent.

i'm surprised the dees fans aren't melting over it tbh. he seemed to genuinely think they were better just not using the ball well inside 50 and that it would all just come good. i remember listening to it and thinking, "* they're in some serious strife here".

we come out and BANG put them to the sword big time.

they're arrogant and complacent.

he's miles off of being a captain. just so so so bad.

Something I’ve noticed in both of the last two games, plus the Essendon game.
Acre’s reach.
Look at the gifs of his marks in each of those games.
His mark and turn v Essendon.
His mark and chip v Hawthorn.
And his intercept mark in this game.
He has a powerfully long reach.
Meaning that he plays quite tall for his height.

I’ve not seen that attribute before.
Makes him a difficult match.

i'm surprised the dees fans aren't melting over it tbh. he seemed to genuinely think they were better just not using the ball well inside 50 and that it would all just come good. i remember listening to it and thinking, "**** they're in some serious strife here".

Didn't see it and had to follow the game on the AFL site. Looking at the stats, it looked like they had the upper hand but weren't converting in the first half. We were incredibly efficient.

Watching the replay confirm it up until the midway point of the 2nd.

i'm surprised the dees fans aren't melting over it tbh. he seemed to genuinely think they were better just not using the ball well inside 50 and that it would all just come good. i remember listening to it and thinking, "**** they're in some serious strife here".

Jordan Lewis is also not leadership quality afaic. He’s been suspended. Does dirty things. Gives away frees. Not what they got him for. The have a dearth of leadership, like we had for a little while after Roo and Joey retired.
I think there’s a fair amount of pain in their future.

I thought the same thing at the time.
It seemed a very odd discussion, I thought maybe he was just being guarded with Dal. His choice of words was very strange.
Three goals down and everything is sweet???

It seemed a very odd discussion, I thought maybe he was just being guarded with Dal. His choice of words was very strange.
Like his mid week interview, when he kept repeating we will play this week then when that's over we will look at the next week, then when that's over....

its super strange, couple that with the start of their season and the expectation set after last year and bloody hell.

tbh i think their best course of action would be to remove the captaincy from him. he's just not ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its super strange, couple that with the start of their season and the expectation set after last year and bloody hell.

tbh i think their best course of action would be to remove the captaincy from him. he's just not ready.

I think Melbourne will come good at some point. They had 16 players in for preseason surgery and started late because they played finals. I wouldn't be surprised if they turned it around at some point. They are a bit imbalanced but so many players are playing below last year.

Wow, while I thought Kent was good, I wouldn't have rated him 3rd BOG.

Seb a bit unlucky with 27 and 6 tackles.

I probably wouldn't have had Membrey top either though. As good as he was and all. Actually thinking back it was a pretty even team performance from the Saints. I reckon they probably had more individuals doing the lion's share of the work but perhaps Goody was so shitty with them, that he couldn't muster a vote for any of them.

Hmm don't know about that unfortunately - I don't use the app. But the browser on my phone and PC show them fine.
Gfycat being on the list of approved media sources makes you think they should be compatible if it's an official app, though.
The BF app is a copy of Tapatalk, and gfycat doesn't work on that either. I just click on your post, go to the top-right menu, and open them in my browser.

I didn't get to hear any of this as I muted my TV as soon as I realised Roos and Lyon were commentating. Took some discipline, but kept it muted the whole game

I didn't get to hear any of this as I muted my TV as soon as I realised Roos and Lyon were commentating. Took some discipline, but kept it muted the whole game

Actually they weren’t too bad, especially Garry Lyon. I was quite pleasantly surprised.

Anyone got the picture of Gears' thigh during surgery? It's been floating around apparently but I haven't been able to get a hold of it.

Yup.

Happy to be 15 points down at ht. Loser talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back