Autopsy Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I think we will be found out against the better teams like Collingwood, Geelong and a few others who have those elite players.

You'd want to have Stuv, Jake and Dan in form and playing in the second half of the year to have any hope.
Know doubt they will be the teams to beat , but if we can continue to hit them hard in the tackle they are going to feel it.
The Cats have a old list and atm they are coasting , they will not be coasting when they are getting tackled by Steele , Parker , McKenzie , Sinclair . Long , Newnes .
Ablett might skip that game and Selwood will be fearing it.
Fitness and speed will be telling factors.

Know doubt they will be the teams to beat , but if we can continue to hit them hard in the tackle they are going to feel it.
The Cats have a old list and atm they are coasting , they will not be coasting when they are getting tackled by Steele , Parker , McKenzie , Sinclair . Long , Newnes .
Ablett might skip that game and Selwood will be fearing it.
Fitness and speed will be telling factors.
Club really needs to fly you in for the pregame address to the players...

I read your posts and immediately want to run through brick walls!

Melbourne's position isn't just down to poor coaching - the players are pea hearts.

Remember that conditioning program last preseason that they refused to do because it was too hard? Compare that to John Donahue's Saints conditioning program that our players lapped up.

Melbourne leadership again at fault there.
Forgot about that. However, they would say that it worked last year as they made the finals

Yes I think we will be found out against the better teams like Collingwood, Geelong and a few others who have those elite players.

You'd want to have Stuv, Jake and Dan in form and playing in the second half of the year to have any hope.

Pressure will beat any team ( my opinion)
If all 22 contribute we will win a lot of games, providing we kick straight.

We will lose games that is reality , as really even year , consistency over 4 quarters the key , week in week out.

Hopeless. Loses all credibility pretending to notice a bloke and you cant even get his name right. Robbo loves Wilkie on the other hand.

Lyon was only uses him to segway into his point back to talking about Melbourne anyway, just to say them missing back men isn't an excuse. We get it, they are either slow, lazy or both.
Maybe he did notice the actions of the player but just misread the name on the screen. Not a big deal for me, certainly doesn't discredit his analysis, of actions anyway.

Melbourne's position isn't just down to poor coaching - the players are pea hearts.

Remember that conditioning program last preseason that they refused to do because it was too hard? Compare that to John Donahue's Saints conditioning program that our players lapped up.

Melbourne leadership again at fault there.

so so so true

but i think there's history there. i think they went through one of the darkest era's of any footy club. the pres battling a terminal illness. a coach forced to tank. being run by the two clueless * witts from freo. they have their own night of the long knives where the two * witts were going to get what was coming to them, but by some bizarre reasoning, they don't do them in and instead sack the well liked coach. they replace him with an utter psycho, who thinks a bit of tough love is necessary and by tough love i mean torture. he proceeds to kick the living s**t out of anything he can. to the point family members are calling talk back radio in tears pleading for the club to do something. just some super dark stuff.

i mean paul roos comes in and describes how sad the whole situation is. he's talking about helping them enjoy life again and that if they have a bad game doesn't make them a bad person. how ****ed is that!

so its no surprise the next generation coming through were wrapped in cotton wool and had their ego worked to the nth degree. now they've got this super complacent arrogrant bunch of immature dickheads.

best bet for them is to just hope they stay competitive and look to the next generation coming through who aren't at the club yet.

Forgot about that. However, they would say that it worked last year as they made the finals
Billings did extra training with Sam Soliman and actually went 12 rounds with him , the team have come out this year with a purpose and anyone who was at the beach watching the guys grappling in the sand knew we meant business this year , any team that think they can roll us will be in for a surprise.
Listening to Goddard saying we still havn't beaten anyone because Hawks had 3 down at 1/4 time , Bombers hadn't performed at that time and Melb are out of sorts - well this what the guys will love to hear - I will feel sorry for the Crows this week , no mercy will be shown - smash them.

Hopeless. Loses all credibility pretending to notice a bloke and you cant even get his name right. Robbo loves Wilkie on the other hand.

Lyon was only uses him to segway into his point back to talking about Melbourne anyway, just to say them missing back men isn't an excuse. We get it, they are either slow, lazy or both.
There are 750 listed AFL players, he got a 5 gamers name wrong.
Bigger crimes I would say.

Pressure will beat any team ( my opinion)
If all 22 contribute we will win a lot of games, providing we kick straight.

We will lose games that is reality , as really even year , consistency over 4 quarters the key , week in week out.
Ok during the year that theory but you need some stars in finals.

Billings did extra training with Sam Soliman and actually went 12 rounds with him , the team have come out this year with a purpose and anyone who was at the beach watching the guys grappling in the sand knew we meant business this year , any team that think they can roll us will be in for a surprise.
Listening to Goddard saying we still havn't beaten anyone because Hawks had 3 down at 1/4 time , Bombers hadn't performed at that time and Melb are out of sorts - well this what the guys will love to hear - I will feel sorry for the Crows this week , no mercy will be shown - smash them.

The disappointment of last year is a factor , prefer media to focus on the Cats , Tigers & Pies anyway .

Hope players don’t mention the F word going forward it’s a distraction.

One game at a time ..boring cliche but love things like the Goddard comments just great, keep its us
against them .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The disappointment of last year is a factor , prefer media to focus on the Cats , Tigers & Pies anyway .

Hope players don’t mention the F word going forward it’s a distraction.

One game at a time ..boring cliche but love things like the Goddard comments just great, keep its us
against them .
Steele mentioned finals in an interview today. No problem as long as they keep working as hard as they have been.

Name goes up on the whiteboard with luminaries like

Purple
Wilson
Schwartz
McGuane
and now Goddard.

Remember

Essendon will come out firing
Hawthorn are again challenging and win easily
Melbourne are ready to come good after beating Sydney.

Now Adelaide have come good.

Remember.

Bookies odds for each of the five games

Remember.

The experts tipping against us every round.

Everyone still underestimates us.

Upon on the whiteboard.

against them .

Yep just as long as they go out there and have a red hot go and show some guts and determination, because once you cross the white line then you're 100% fit and everyone knows that a champion team will always beat a team of champions... Because it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

Have I missed any? :)

Name goes up on the whiteboard with luminaries like

Purple
Wilson
Schwartz
McGuane
and now Goddard.

Remember

Essendon will come out firing
Hawthorn are again challenging and win easily
Melbourne are ready to come good after beating Sydney.

Now Adelaide have come good.

Remember.

Bookies odds for each of the five games

Remember.

The experts tipping against us every round.

Everyone still underestimates us.

Upon on the whiteboard.

I thought Goddard was a movie director these days?

I reckon Billings looks like he trusts his body more, he's taken more contested marks this year than the rest of his career put together, also not pulling up short when players are about to crunch him.

Steele mentioned finals in an interview today. No problem as long as they keep working as hard as they have been.
"I think we've proved we're a good side in the competition and are a chance of finals going forward," the 23-year-old said.

"We've got four wins now, which is the same as what we had last year, so if we continue what we're doing we're definitely a chance of finals."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/in-form-saints-eyeing-finals-steele-20190423-p51gf5.html

I have no issue with what he has said either.
I'm glad the group is aiming for finals and have the belief we are good enough.

Club really needs to fly you in for the pregame address to the players...

I read your posts and immediately want to run through brick walls!
It's not a one size fits all though…

I read some of premo's posts and immediately want to smoke opium.

Reckon Jake and Hanners might want to join me.

I reckon Billings looks like he trusts his body more, he's taken more contested marks this year than the rest of his career put together, also not pulling up short when players are about to crunch him.
Let's be honest about jb, fantastic junior with elite qualities but everyone could see he didn't have the confidence in his body to hit in hard (was scared)

Going 12 rounds with a boxer has probably shown him his not made of glass.

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep just as long as they go out there and have a red hot go and show some guts and determination, because once you cross the white line then you're 100% fit and everyone knows that a champion team will always beat a team of champions... Because it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

Have I missed any? :)

"its not about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. how much you can take and keep moving forward. thats how winning is done"

😉😉😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back