Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
AFL news says St Kilda will pursue Zak Jones.
Sydney compromised its salary space with the Franklin payment, rising to $1.5 million.
As for this match, less is more.
In: Martin. Out: Menadue.
(It is no disgrace to be omitted for one of the greatest Richmond players of all time.)
Houli should return for the Anzac match, no need to rush.
Who plays HBF with Menadue OUT? Ellis? I don't think we want to see Ellis in that half of the ground. He was better mid >fwd last week. All small fwds were good too. For me it would be Graham OUT

May 23, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon we'll find a way to squeeze Martin into the side. Menadue likely to be the unlucky player omitted.

Games against Sydney are about gamestyle. Sydney have always loved slow stoppage football around the wings, with a bit of slingshot footy when they get the chance. The reason Richmond beat Port was because we got our Richmond "A-game" going again - forward handball and overwhelming pressure. If we do that again, we'll win.

My biggest concern is that Sydney go alright at the Docklands. I'd much rather we were playing them at the MCG.

Willo_23

Senior List
Apr 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Such a big game this one! I've got the same attitude as another poster in this thread, I'll take a 1-1 split over the next two weeks to end Round 6 with a 3-3 record.

By that time we'll have weathered the storm against a reasonably difficult start to the year, coupled with injuries, and be ready to hit the final 3/4 of the season with more or less our best possible side besides Rance and Short.

If we can get over the line, it gives us a 'free hit' against a complete unknown in Melbourne, and with both sides coming off 4-day breaks it makes that game an even bigger crapshoot.

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
Id actually drop George for Dusty.
He has been awful.
Higgins/Baker can play that small forward role.
Higgins seemed to be playing more midfield last week and Baker as a high half forward/wing

Agree 100%

Rather have extra midfielder (pure) in Ross, have been playing a midfielder down for nearly 12 months!

Yep, put me down as another who wants to see

Out: Castagna
In: Martin

I love what Georgie brings, but I reckon he'd benefit from some time ripping up the VFL.

No other changes with a 4 day break and the reinforcements coming.

Should be a good challenge for the Tiges. Sydney have plenty to prove and Buddy won't lay down after being "selfish". And we need our young' uns to bring that heat and enthusiasm again, which doesn't always happen.

I'm quietly confident Capt Edwards will show us the way, and win, lose or draw, we'll play good footy.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
Tigs by 35. Will be an easy win

Not sure if dusty replaces menadue or Graham or balta. Graham looked sore last 2 weeks but he wasn't actually that bad against poort so it's a tough one. Balta was good they just seem to be managing him quite a bit

NimFromSudan

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Id actually drop George for Dusty.
He has been awful.
Higgins/Baker can play that small forward role.
Higgins seemed to be playing more midfield last week and Baker as a high half forward/wing

Yeah Higgins started most centre bounces. Dusty will do that this weekend so makes sense that in a way we're actually dropping someone to make room for Higgins rather than for Dusty. I'd drop George.

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Menadue should be omitted, no disgrace. Martin returns.
No way known Castagna is omitted, three goal assists in crumbing goals.
Especially now Butler is gone.
We missed simple set shots.
Graham played an important role in the centre.
Ross augments Graham and gains exoerience.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Out: Castagna - offering nothing right now and is a liability. We still have enough pressure and speed to execute the gameplan without him.

In: Martin - pretty obvious, hopefully a week off has refreshed him mentally and physically. I reckon he'll be pretty keen to get out there.

Due to the short break and the key game against the Demons, Riewoldt and Houli get the extra 4 days to be ready for the Demons. They won't be able to back up for both.

It also might not be a bad idea to monitor guys with big workloads against the Demons. Don't shoot me for this but it might not be a bad idea to give Lynch the Demons game off and just play Riewoldt.

Black Saab

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Martin in for Castagna, they won’t bring Houli in with the quick turnaround to the Anzac Eve game.

No other changes.

Houli, Riewoldt and potentially Cotchin in for the Anzac Eve clash. That’s pretty exciting.
Yeah this makes sense to me too. Can't have Houli backing up after such a short turn around. Menadue to get another bite at it I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back