Review Round 5, 2019 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

iKUtBnrlFw2TpG0YD3vaQN1202KS5I4V4UV90rPb7mY4cv1GR8atM1h8YvoBz8oseh53Ms78VPZ8qfOeYiP-2yAN4UwaBoxgxL3Ao98=w566-h260-nc

I enjoyed that as a neutral fan. You guys really hit the draft well, especially last year (it's looking like a 2 horse race between my boy Walsh and Rozee for the Rising Star)

I am also imagining Crows fans are having a rather filthy night, and that also pleases me no end.

Congrats !!!

Everything worked tonight.Apart from some erratic shots at goal and some interesting umpiring.
SPP suicide balls into the wet surface fwd line.And moving it quickly into the fwds and hitting up targets.Kept McGovern's intercept marking at an all time low.
Mids+defence very composed.Not coffing up the footy.Moving the footy quickly without over handpassing in the wet.Caught the Eagles with there pants down.The Eagles mids just didn't get enough footy fwd.
Stat's wise an extra 25 inside 50's.18 extra scoring shots.

Also the only thing hinkley can coach against, reigning premiers

'13 Sydney
'14, '15 Hawthorn
'17 Bulldogs
'18 Richmond
'19 West Coast

Outside of that, he isn't great at the rest of the winning games part.

maybe he just a slow learner lol

well at least this new tradition is being respected... in the old days we so rarely got to play against last year's premiers ;)

Excellent win, and we really played well as a team tonight. Absolutely dominated them from the start, and pleasingly never really let them back in it.

I think in particular a few of the common whipping boys here did exceptionally well.

Sam Gray was up there in our best. Ran hard, linked up well, and finished decently as well.

Dougal’s spoil then tackle was a team lifting moment. His speed, size and athleticism make him a weapon when his confidence is up. Really liked his game.

Hinkley also deserves credit for this. We really did outcoach them and pressured them out of their usual game style.

That was a great win.

The players deserve every accolade they get this week. From ashes to glory in a week. Football, there's nothing like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great unexpected win & performance that was. Really shut down all of West Coast's strengths and that's the best win we have had for sometime.

Loved every minute of it, that's the standard of performance from here from now on for me. Can't drop below that level.

Credit to Hinkley and the coaches, great gamelan and outcoached a great side. Has to be said that.

The players did what the coaches wanted this week. Hit in hard, overlapping run, didn't get out marked forward and applied massive pressure on ground ball.

We are aggressive in our footy and we are aggressive in our tactics week to week.

I’m telling you this switch in direction to attacking footy has opened up our ability to take our opponents game completely apart. We also blatantly give away our tactics to * the team we beat over even harder for the rest of the year.

West Coast will remember this game for the rest of the season that’s for sure.

Hurt em on the scoreboard, and leave them hurting even more.

That Wines captains goal was brilliant, been so long since he's done that.

Duursma showing no demons from last week.

Rozees goal was so exciting, just oozes class. Loved seeing him start in a couple center bounces.

Drew probably played his best game.

S Gray back in form, loved his game.

Loved Marshalls competing, I can't wait for when he starts to clunk more, and when he gets his goalkicking radar back on line.

Loved the games of Ebert and Butters as well.

*edit: An in form, Dougal makes a massive difference to our team, he was back tonight.

Robbie is horribly out of form

Overall such a great performance, best win since 2015. Hope it's just the start of something better, cause it means nothing if we don't win next week.

That 6.6 second term was just sublime, can't wait to watch that again.

The Last quarter exposed the same field position dominance but lack of conversion issues we regularly have so hopefully we can learn from the tape what we did right early in the game Vs that last term.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back