Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
agree and i know Drew is in his third year but imho like the other 3 boys i think of him as a first year recruit...he is very impressive and showed last week how bloody brave he is...country lad!
Yep definitely how could I forget the Ginger Ninja amongst all our new toys. Your right he's a good as a 1st yr player
since he played only 1(?) game last year. Has taken to AFL really well. Great size also.
His left foot snap goal in the 2nd 1/4 was probably a fluke but so what. I like him.

yepits2020

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep definitely how could I forget the Ginger Ninja amongst all our new toys. Your right he's a good as a 1st yr player
since he played only 1(?) game last year. Has taken to AFL really well. Great size also.
His left foot snap goal in the 2nd 1/4 was probably a fluke but so what. I like him.
Drew played his first game this year

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Drew played his first game this year
Yep the 1 game I was referring to was sanfl. His 1st yr with us 2017 was unremarkable little did we know.
I like the look of Patmore 'til the knee injury and Joel Garner goes alright too.
Lad hams and Hayes as longer term rucks and we're looking ok. Hope Grundy comes along quickly.

porttoport

All Australian
Feb 27, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep the 1 game I was referring to was sanfl. His 1st yr with us 2017 was unremarkable little did we know.
I like the look of Patmore 'til the knee injury and Joel Garner goes alright too.
Lad hams and Hayes as longer term rucks and we're looking ok. Hope Grundy comes along quickly.

Big difference between a year 1 lad and a year 3 regardless of when they debut . Drew has been around the AFL environment for 2 years plus

Still eligible for Rising Star award , Port will have big representation

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
F0C50531-72BE-448A-A09B-3CB3FDBBC4CD.jpeg

Great win that was completely unexpected. The coaches used strategy for a change, perhaps they hit up Lycett more than he let on in his interview.

Sam Gray well done, missed a gettable goal In tough conditions but it shows if he is to play its higher up the ground, be assessed on that role only. One great game doesn’t mean he’s in the clear for the rest of the season either.

Lycett is another, I thought handy pick up but he looked like a glorified Lovbe but man great player, I love his hardness, brutal, it allows his team mates to walk taller, Brogan must be having an affect.

The wind must of been a bitch for he boys to adjust too.

Also we have a lot of kids still
Rozee, Dursma, Butters, Drew, Marshall, Bonner, Howard etc etc so expect inconsistency.

I called Houston first he’s mine what a tough legend he is!

Rockliff is the biggest unsung hero in our team this year. Just constantly wins 50/50 balls and dishes out a quick handball or dinky short pass to set a teammate clear. At least some of the improved form of Boak, SPP, etc, can be put down to Rocky returning to form and fitness.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Rockliff is the biggest unsung hero in our team this year. Just constantly wins 50/50 balls and dishes out a quick handball or dinky short pass to set a teammate clear. At least some of the improved form of Boak, SPP, etc, can be put down to Rocky returning to form and fitness.

Yeah, there was a crack at him by one of the coaches recently about making sure his disposals are actually doing something and aren't just disposals for disposals sake, but he brings every other ball carrier into the game. He's a release valve when we're moving the ball and he's got pretty good vision and reading of the play to free a runner on the outside.

He's rarely gonna be a 600m gained guy but he'll probably be the key cog in the chain that gets those guys free on the outside.

100%. When we got him I said he wouldn't be a star himself but he'd help make our other mids look like stars. It's taken a year but we've reached that point now. And his heir apparent Willem Drew is starting to get in there and do the same thing.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Yeah, there was a crack at him by one of the coaches recently about making sure his disposals are actually doing something and aren't just disposals for disposals sake, but he brings every other ball carrier into the game. He's a release valve when we're moving the ball and he's got pretty good vision and reading of the play to free a runner on the outside.

He's rarely gonna be a 600m gained guy but he'll probably be the key cog in the chain that gets those guys free on the outside.
He was poor against Richmond, got a lot of it but dished it sideways to chaps under pressure, there was a clear difference in the way he went about it against Wce. It was awesome, still chipped it around but it was attacking... It was too a player in a better spot down the ground. Unbelievable if he can keep that sort of game up..

Kingfish73

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This was the point I've been banging on about for 3 weeks.

In terms of stats and influence he was basically on par with his game against Melbourne. Fine, but hardly setting the world on fire.

The difference to our forward line was enormous. He can average 9 touches, 3 marks and 1 goal all year playing his role, and we'll be so much more effective going forward.
Super smart touch Marshall. Some of his stats won't show. Confidence will grow. Huge upside in this lad

Back