Game Day Round 5, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It comes down to who comes out of the starting gates at a million miles an hour. Last year in Adelaide Port went after Neale and were distracted and the Lions had 7 on the board before they realised what was happening. Port won't make that mistake again and Charlie Dixon is in great form. I think Harris Andrews will close Dixon down early and he will get frustrated while Neale will dominate. Mcluggage didn't play that game last year so he will be a new dimension for Port to deal with and CEY's protection of Neale will give him more space. Westoff is the worry with him and Dixon as two really tall mobile forwards we have to be tight. If we fire early I think we can win this one, not by a lot, but a few goals as I think our open fast play has a little more system then theirs.

It comes down to who comes out of the starting gates at a million miles an hour. Last year in Adelaide Port went after Neale and were distracted and the Lions had 7 on the board before they realised what was happening. Port won't make that mistake again and Charlie Dixon is in great form. I think Harris Andrews will close Dixon down early and he will get frustrated while Neale will dominate. Mcluggage didn't play that game last year so he will be a new dimension for Port to deal with and CEY's protection of Neale will give him more space. Westoff is the worry with him and Dixon as two really tall mobile forwards we have to be tight. If we fire early I think we can win this one, not by a lot, but a few goals as I think our open fast play has a little more system then theirs.
The battle between Dixon & Andrews will be an interesting one if that is the match up. Andrews cant play Dixon close or he will get out muscled every time. If he can play off Dixon, he can come in from the side & spoil. For me it will depend on how good the forward entries are to Dixon. If they are delivered lace out to Dixon, we will have a real battle to hold him back as he's in career best form right now. Maybe its worth considering Gardner as Dixons direct opponent with Andrews playing the intercepting role as he does so well.Cant wait to watch it all happen. I will be warming the tele up well before the first whistle blows for sure.

It might be heresy but I think Port wins this fairly easily. Their form has been significantly better than our's and while I think we can beat them we'll definitely have to be at our best and so far we've looked on the rusty side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might be heresy but I think Port wins this fairly easily. Their form has been significantly better than our's and while I think we can beat them we'll definitely have to be at our best and so far we've looked on the rusty side.

Exactly my feelings. We have played some cellar dwellers and looked to be struggling at some points in the game, whereas Port have been more impressive in their wins. Here's hoping for a great game between 1st and 3rd.

Exactly my feelings. We have played some cellar dwellers and looked to be struggling at some points in the game, whereas Port have been more impressive in their wins. Here's hoping for a great game between 1st and 3rd.

Port have played a few cellar dwellers them self to be fair.

We've played the same teams over the last three weeks but while Port have looked 100% switched on I think we've been at around 80%. I think our 100% beats their 100% so we just need to up our game. Here's to hoping.

I’m pumped for this one. Was a bit flat last week. Tonight I’m bringing it,hope the boys are on the same wave length. Go you good things.

Our win V the Crows was as impressive as theirs if we kicked straighter, perhaps more

Our win V the Crows was as impressive as theirs if we kicked straighter, perhaps more

I also think they've got teams at better times than us.

Gold Coast: the season was just shutting down after starting and many teams - us included - were caught out.

Adelaide: first game after the break, getting them when they'd regressed further than anyone had have known.

Fremantle: Fremantle were outplaying Port until the rains hit and the game suited Port much more than Freo - the more we experienced team adapted and won.

Eagles: heading into their game against us, the Eagles had a lot of pressure to bounce back and beat us. They played much better for a half against us than they did against Port (minus the third quarter).

Not saying they haven't looked like the better team, but I think it's a lot closer than it looks on paper.

Very much looking forward to this game.
Hope both sides are at their best and have a red hot go.

It could come down to who kicks straighter on the day, which could go either way.

A preview of the GF?
The wind is gusty at present, could be who reads the falling grass clippings better.
Might straighten us up or not.

Does anyone know if the special buses are on, from Carindale.
I think I saw a couple last week.
Cheers otherwise its a late train ride home .
I'm thinking the game will finish around 10,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back