Autopsy Round 5, 2020: Carlton v St.Kilda *BUTLER & HOWARD 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

How do i get access George its awesome content.
It's public, when I said insider I meant one of those analytics accounts. Forgot the name of it, our clubs analyst likes similar posts so they then come up on my feed.

That's been an area of weakness of ours for some time - an under-sized midfield. Too many mid 180's mids that leave us exposed to someone like Cripps or Bontempelli. They won't be full timers but if we can get Battle and Marsh rotating through it'll go some way to addressing this

Coffield would be the one to go in the middle as he was drafted as a ultility that could play anywhere in the words of our recruiters. Not this year though.

Coffield would be the one to go in the middle as he was drafted as a ultility that could play anywhere in the words of our recruiters. Not this year though.
Yep Definetly has the scope but he needs a good 50-60 games as a solid/good half back before we start that development. He Definetly has the potential especially with his marking /athleticism. As well soon see his footy smarts combined with his size means that his potential is super high. In his draft year as his confidence especially in the midfield he was pulling off some seriously evasive moves ie spinning in and out of traffic

It's public, when I said insider I meant one of those analytics accounts. Forgot the name of it, our clubs analyst likes similar posts so they then come up on my feed.
I follow most of them i just cant find the post haha.

It turns out that Jonathon Marsh played through the midfield at WAFL level, "gathering a season-high 34 disposals, along with seven marks, seven tackles and four inside 50s."
His best footy was when he was in the midfield

I'm not sure why people think it was as a backman

It turns out that Jonathon Marsh played through the midfield at WAFL level, "gathering a season-high 34 disposals, along with seven marks, seven tackles and four inside 50s."
Not sure he was thar spectacular mate.

He went into the midfield for what was a basket case of a side.

It's a very big jump from that to play midfield at AFL level.

Not sure he was thar spectacular mate.

He went into the midfield for what was a basket case of a side.

It's a very big jump from that to play midfield at AFL level.
Doesnt that make those numbers look even better then?

East freo have been absolutely terrible. He was a shining light there.

What numbers?

I doubt he plays midfield in a quality side is want I'm saying.

Doultan Langilang would be a shining light at East Freo.
His midfield numbers. To be honest marsh would have seen midfield time for subi who didn't drop a game last year.

No disrespect to doults but I doubt that would be the case.

He ain't an inside mid. Let alone one who can be the sole guy in a terrible side. Well along side Hampson atleast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His midfield numbers. To be honest marsh would have seen midfield time for subi who didn't drop a game last year.
Seen midfield time and played as a full time mid are very different things though. And we are still talking WAFL level here.

With all due respect to you, the guy that has given me this opinion has one of the best footy brains I've known so I'm going to trust his judgement here.

If Marsh turns himself into an AFL mid I'll eat my beanie

Seen midfield time and played as a full time mid are very different things though. And we are still talking WAFL level here.

With all due respect to you, the guy that has given me this opinion has one of the best footy brains I've known so I'm going to trust his judgement here.

If Marsh turns himself into an AFL mid I'll eat my beanie
Yeah i don't think he will cut it as an AFL mid either. I'm just saying to discount him completely as a backman or fwd is wrong. Also to discount what he did do at east freo is also wrong.

But what I do think is important given our issues in the center is to continue to run him through there. I think he might surprise a few. For similar reasons why battle is spending time on the wing.

Question to everyone, where do you think we currently sit in the Power Rankings?

My guess is we are 6th

I'm still no clearer on where any side sits. This week Brisbane look like they should be favourite, give it 2 weeks and who knows.

Yeah i don't think he will cut it as an AFL mid either. I'm just saying to discount him completely as a backman or fwd is wrong. Also to discount what he did do at east freo is also wrong.

But what I do think is important given our issues in the center is to continue to run him through there. I think he might surprise a few. For similar reasons why battle is spending time on the wing.
Maybe he'll surprise me. So far he's meeting my expectations though.

I think our midfielders will end up doing a better job at it them him, but time will tell.

Question to everyone, where do you think we currently sit in the Power Rankings?

My guess is we are 6th
Id say around 6/7.

Hard to believe if we didnt blowup against north in round 1 we would be percentage off top of the ladder.

Really hard to get an understanding of some teams at the moment, some are coming out really flat but think will ramp up very soon.

Craig Devonport
Cain Ackland
Jack Newnes

When will they learn? It's just too easy.

it might make up for the for the carlton players that made their way to the saints in the 1980's Koukamelious (sic), etc

yes, that was mentioned a while ago, when the thought was marsh being the next bontempeli (just because of his size)

I rate Cripps over Hutchings.
yeah but improvment from when he was with us to where he is now ... Hutchings was a VFL player with us the WCE turned him into a premiership player ... Cripps had he stayed would have played the same role he plays for WCE now i dont think he has improved much being in WCE over being at St Kilda

yeah but improvment from when he was with us to where he is now ... Hutchings was a VFL player with us the WCE turned him into a premiership player ... Cripps had he stayed would have played the same role he plays for WCE now i dont think he has improved much being in WCE over being at St Kilda

Cripps was our super sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back