Preview Round 5, 2020: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, 5 July 2020, 6.10pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Get your facts right, I never ever attacked Wingard or the club - talk about grandstanding ! I was questioning the trade - we gave up an absolute shitload for a player who Port couldn’t wait to get out of the door because of attitude issues at the time.

I know someone from PA and this was fact. Chad is a ripper bloke but he doesn’t breathe eat breathe football. Has always got by on his sublime talent. They simply had enough for various reasons hence the while duck analogy. We took a risk and so far it is paying off but it could have gone south

You stick with calling me a nuffy though mate, like I said if it helps you sleep at night go for it

Nah.
You stick to calling everyone else nuffies, and rationalise your way out of it as best you can. Thank god the recruiters weren’t listening to you.
You’re as pure as the driven snow.

Nah.
You stick to calling everyone else nuffies, and rationalise your way out of it as best you can. Thank god the recruiters weren’t listening to you.
You’re as pure as the driven snow.

As I said say what you want about me but get your facts right and stop sensationalising what I say, you’re a real piece of work ..

We stopped their run and link up play twice last season and get them with decent outs tomorrow .

If we are genuine top 4-6 side we really should win no matter what the venue is .
Its a great opportunity especially if you want to look past tomorrow night .

Not expecting a win tomorrow, but I hope it's a highly competitive game.
A win would be so good. 4/5 really would set up our year. Big jump up the ladder with the results thus far.
Now I'm going to wow you with a fact that is not well known (and I hope is true):

"During the building of the Great Pyramids in Giza, Egypt, each worker got a daily ration of four to five litres of beer, which served as both nutrition and refreshment that was crucial to the pyramids' construction"

I think we'll win. Going up there again will bring back good memories. Isaac to do another undies run.

I do too.
I think we’ve got the best midfield we’ve had for a couple of years, although admittedly that includes a fella playing his first game. I’ve got a lot of faith in Harry hitting the ground running.
BOG - JOM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do too.
I think we’ve got the best midfield we’ve had for a couple of years, although admittedly that includes a fella playing his first game. I’ve got a lot of faith in Harry hitting the ground running.
BOG - JOM.
Our best in there is very good boardering on elite.
Still dont have the depth or rotations of other sides and it does hurt us.

That will be well and truly sorted in 12-18 months , very exciting.

The game will be won in the coaches box.

We will deny them the ball, individually they are stats driven and really don't know how to impact the game without numbers.

Stone cold tactical game.

If that's what it comes down to then I fancy us, do not rate Leon Cameron and never have.

21. Moncrieff - 224 games
22. Burgoyne - 223 games
---------------------------
26. Collins 212 games
27. Breust 211 games
28. Parkin 211 games
29. Pritchard 211 games
30. Shiels 209 games
31. Smith 204 games

---------------------------
39. Jencke 194 games
40. Puopolo 192 games
Interesting. Not sure though what you're highlighting?

Has been a huge few days for players and the club.

One minute they are packing for a 1 night stay and the next a 30 night stay and everything turned upside down around their lives to accomodate this hub.

I hope we can bring a competitive effort but the Giants start this one raging favourites.

Last edited:

One minute they are picking for a 1 night stay and the next a 30 night stay and everything turned upside down around their lives to accomodate this hub.

I hope we can bring a competitive effort but the Giants start this one raging favourites.

Well summed up. GWS are going to come at us hard, loose this and their season goes pear shaped quickly. First quarter is absolutely critical, can’t concede too many goals early on.

Our best in there is very good boardering on elite.
Still dont have the depth or rotations of other sides and it does hurt us.

That will be well and truly sorted in 12-18 months , very exciting.

Agree entirely.
We’ve been seriously fighting the midfield deficit for a few years. We’ve replaced midfielders who retired or who were just list cloggers (and not giving genuine depth) with the likes of Mitchell, O’Meara and Worpel. Clever recruiting and list management.

But Henderson is playing his last year and Shiels will be retiring in the next couple of years and even Burgoyne hasn’t got more than 5 or 6 years left in his tank!

I’d be banking on the new kids like Harry Jones, Maginness and Day and perhaps Pepper to give it a real shot in the next year or 2. Plus the addition of another A grader like Coniglio or Josh Kelly and we’ll be top of the pile.

One minute they are picking for a 1 night stay and the next a 30 night stay and everything turned upside down around their lives to accomodate this hub.

I would’ve agreed with them being favourites if they didn’t have so many outs and especially to the ones that have been in food form (ie Williams, Taylor). Ward being out takes away a lot of their toughness and whether they go with Davis or not who’s hammy looked worse then Williams did makes the task even harder for them IMO. I hope they choose Davis and will wait with my popcorn until his hammy goes ping and they are 1 down on the bench. Having said all that they still have quality all over the park and us losing Punky evens it all out a little.

This is a really big game for us, confidence wise. If we win here, we have the next two games at same venue against clubs who will not get the same opportunity to familiarise. Today will also give an insight into mindset of the group being moved into hub. Looking forward to it

One minute they are packing for a 1 night stay and the next a 30 night stay and everything turned upside down around their lives to accomodate this hub.

And this is the reason this season is fast turning into a farce. I get that they need to do everything they can to keep the season going for financial reasons but surely an asterix will be placed next to the premiership.

You could look at it like we know have clarity for the next few weeks as to where we will be playing now which should give the boys a bit of stability of mind and focus. We have 4 weeks to get used to this ground and I think Clarko will adjust the game plan accordingly as we have to treat these games like we're playing on the G. Every team is in the same boat with the upheaval that's happened.

The time away from home factor worries me too. Hopefully Clarko can get them up mentally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back