Preview Round 5, 2020: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, 5 July 2020, 6.10pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

And this is the reason this season is fast turning into a farce. I get that they need to do everything they can to keep the season going for financial reasons but surely an asterix will be placed next to the premiership.
Counter argument to that is that it will take extraordinary and unprecedented resilience and flexibility to successfully navigate this season. The club that does that best deserves a flag

Counter argument to that is that it will take extraordinary and unprecedented resilience and flexibility to successfully navigate this season. The club that does that best deserves a flag

For some clubs, yes. But for the interstaters, who will get the majority of their season played from their home base, they will have a serious leg up.

For some clubs, yes. But for the interstaters, who will get the majority of their season played from their home base, they will have a serious leg up.
Yes it will depend on the eventual premier but it could be the complete opposite of an asterix premiership if it is a club that has navigated unprecedented challenges. Reckon we see how season plays out

Games played for the mighty Hawks
Well, yes, I can see that, but was there something particularly significant you wanted us to observe? Maybe that Burgoyne has the most games of the current playing group despite having played a tonne of games for another club? Or maybe the challenge ahead for Puopolo to reach the 200 game milestone?
I'm not taking the 'p', just wondering what I may have missed. :think:

Well, yes, I can see that, but was there something particularly significant you wanted us to observe? Maybe that Burgoyne has the most games of the current playing group despite having played a tonne of games for another club? Or maybe the challenge ahead for Puopolo to reach the 200 game milestone?
I'm not taking the 'p', just wondering what I may have missed. :think:
If that's the case then me too, I just noticed our current games played in the list but yes, if something else was intended, whoever OP that list could be able to clarify.

And this is the reason this season is fast turning into a farce. I get that they need to do everything they can to keep the season going for financial reasons but surely an asterix will be placed next to the premiership.

No issue with you having a opinion but this comes across as such a defeatist attitude to me. The sort of attitude that West Coast have had.

Why follow the games if the pinnacle is not worth it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I love Clarko, the AFL are stupid to change the rules on the back of his rant and I feel it will come back to bite us. Already seen a few iffy ones this week that wouldt have been paid last week

I don’t want to make outlandish claims 😂.. let’s just say I’m watching socials to see if he is warming up.
I get nervous at the mention of him missing games. Looked brilliant two weeks ago and a different player last week. Whatever it is your thinking I hope it’s wrong!

I get nervous at the mention of him missing games. Looked brilliant two weeks ago and a different player last week. Whatever it is your thinking I hope it’s wrong!

Yeah same, he is the glue to our midfield.. just his presence and leadership is key, unfortunately his body is always going to be an issue so as soon as I hear a little something I get concerned.

Coniglio is the one. He will be up for this like no game he has played. Bookmark this post and please correct me if I am wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back